First Time Grower Recommendations

• Thread starter Mr.NiceGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.NiceGuy

Friend of mine has never grown before and is considering growing indoors. Any recommendations what she should do for her first grow? Shes working with a 2x6 space at the minimal. Definitly possibly more space if she is interested after the first crop. Any advice on the set up would be greatly appreciative for my friend if you could please. The more the better.

M

Mr.NiceGuy

My friend would like to know what lights to use, soil, nutrients, basically the whole set up. Would 3x600 hps be too much light stress for a 2x6? Approx. how many plants could she fit in that ammount of space and how big of a yield should she expect? She was thinking of going the semi-cheap way since theres countless amounts of different ways to do this with the price range being very cheap to very expensive. She was thinking of getting a complete kit for 3x600 hps lights, enough mylar to cover the 2x6, 10 seeds (preferrably 5 northern light and 5 white widow feminized of course) and just throwing up a dark black curtain to block of the garden from the room. Any recommendations on what to do and how to do it for a complete rookie, like a check list of what to get and how to use it?

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

hey man , there is plenty to read on this site .start by reading the growfaq .you need to do a little research. you have to figure out what you want to do .3x600hps in a2x6 tent ? a 1,000watt hps does approximately 4x4 area .

Dunge

Dunge

3x600hps sounds a bit more light (heat) than required.
My advise- get those seeds and plant them 1/2 inch into seedling soil with small pots.
Up-pot to Fox Farm Ocean Forest.
Water at 3-4 day intervals.
Up-pot when roots are visible through holes in bottom of pot.
This will give you a month to figure out all the other life support required for a good grow.
Some of those are:
Lamp height, air movement, temperature, relative humidity, odor control.
I did not include nutrients because I water super soil with alfalfa tea, start to finish.
Toping, pruning, and training will improve results.

Get started!
Fall in love with your plants.
Post your pics here.
Get all the advise you could imagine.

jkbeing

jkbeing

Copy someone on the farms setup. Read,read,read! Expect some failures. I recommend using base nutes and very little else to get a baseline where your plants can be. Two 600 in that space is gonna make a bit of heat, I would start with one 600, add a second when the plants are bigger if you decide the area/airflow can handle the heat.

J

Jalisco Kid

Have 3x the money you ever thought you would spend. Min 100 hours of reading. JK
I just noticed you had another thread below, do you think now you are asking for a girl we well help you more.

Top Bottom