First Time Grower, seed provenance unknown

• Thread starter Cloverdalestan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

I was given four seeds . The gifter had no information as to whether the seeds were feminized or auto-flowering.
In this picture taken today they are 32 days past germination . About a foot high. I have them inside under two 1000 watt LEDs.
The entire room has the pungent , skunky smell which I understand is an indication of maturing plants. They seem to be thriving although I‘ve struggled with over-watering and providing nutrient supplements (too much, too little). Using the Fox Farms trio of nutrients. I put together a Rube Goldberg tent like structure just to reflect the light back if nothing more and since I’m in a basement where the temperture is an unheated 70, I have a small space heater blowing near by to raise the temperature up to around 77. If I begin to see pistils at this stage , should I assume these are auto-flowering? Assuming from what I’ve read , yes. I am a prodigious reader on this forum and given the plant height , I am suspecting they are auto-flowering and likely won’t exceed 3 feet. Right now they are on a 19/5 sh schedule. In four weeks they will go outside because I’m leaving for a Cape Cod . I’ll have some friends with a discrete outside venue look after them in the event I don’t see buds before September 8 or so.

I guess my questions are:
1. Do they look healthy?
2. Can you tell if they are auto-flowering?
3. Should they be taller ?
4. Should I quit being an obsessive worrier?

First time grower seed provenance unknown
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Welcome to the Farm!!✌

1) I think quite good. The discoloration at the bottom of the front left plant is concerning, and there appears to be some cupping developing on the leaves, especially center plant. I would not suspect either to be a critical issue.
2) Not sure that is possible? If they start flowering without a 12/12 light schedule, they're autos. 😆
3) What do you have against short plants? Some strains grow more bushy and less vertical. They say indica dominant strains are often like this.
4) Yes, but it's a process we all work through. You're doing great so far, good job!!

Lots to read in the forums about the issues you are seeing. If you post some details about your soil, nutrients, feeding schedule, pH, lights, etc. you'll likely get more feedback/suggestions.

Keep up the good work

Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

Welcome to the Farm!!✌

1) I think quite good. The discoloration at the bottom of the front left plant is concerning, and there appears to be some cupping developing on the leaves, especially center plant. I would not suspect either to be a critical issue.
2) Not sure that is possible? If they start flowering without a 12/12 light schedule, they're autos. 😆
3) What do you have against short plants? Some strains grow more bushy and less vertical. They say indica dominant strains are often like this.
4) Yes, but it's a process we all work through. You're doing great so far, good job!!

Lots to read in the forums about the issues you are seeing. If you post some details about your soil, nutrients, feeding schedule, pH, lights, etc. you'll likely get more feedback/suggestions.

Keep up the good work

thanks for the encouragement!

Top Bottom