First time grower seeking help

• Thread starter Blu3s94
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blu3s94

Blu3s94

First time growing, gowing in soil using foxfarms.

Only using water and adjusting PH beforehand. These plants are 34 days old. There are some white and brown spots forming on the leaves. Mainly white, it is not powdery when touched. I looked under the leaves for pests but didn't see any. I did see a small critter in the soil?

What is this and what steps should I take? Thanks

First time grower seeking help
First time grower seeking help 2
First time grower seeking help 3
First time grower seeking help 4
First time grower seeking help 5
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

First time growing, gowing in soil using foxfarms.

Only using water and adjusting PH beforehand. These plants are 34 days old. There are some white and brown spots forming on the leaves. Mainly white, it is not powdery when touched. I looked under the leaves for pests but didn't see any. I did see a small critter in the soil?

What is this and what steps should I take? Thanks
I had thrips last year & those look kind of like the marks, can you zoom in? Also looks like it could use some magnesium or maybe time to start feeding it nutes lightly

Edit: Nevermind zooming in I see it in the other picture, you may have more than one thing going on but regarding your question about the white dots, have you searched under the leaves with magnification?
Screenshot 20200704 165801 Chrome

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
mmmm, lot going here..
your going to have to list your set up with temps humidity etc.. for good help..
plants are stunted and are suffering!

Blu3s94

Blu3s94

I had thrips last year & those look kind of like the marks, can you zoom in? Also looks like it could use some magnesium or maybe time to start feeding it nutes lightly

Edit: Nevermind zooming in I see it in the other picture, you may have more than one thing going on but regarding your question about the white dots, have you searched under the leaves with magnification?
View attachment 995587
I have not used magnification

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Never fed them anything? Just using hydrofarm soil

Not familiar. They just loook SUPER Dark green which suggests high nitrogen :D

Looking again i think its just the lighting of hte blurple.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Never fed them anything? Just using hydrofarm soil
Soil mix is to hot plus the drainage do you water till 20% run off and do you leave your plants sitting in run off in the drip trays ? Od

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just curious if you backed the light off recently?

There is also likely nutrient issues as suggested.

Just by the pattern and location it would appear light burn would be part of the issues.

Could be wrong won't be the first time.

Blu3s94

Blu3s94

Just curious if you backed the light off recently?

There is also likely nutrient issues as suggested.

Just by the pattern and location it would appear light burn would be part of the issues.

Could be wrong won't be the first time.
The lights are preset at 100%. So its possible they are light burnt?

I have been going with this chart for them.

Screenshot 20200523 052214 Samsung Internet
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Well there’s part of your problem the roots are to wet they need to be watered till run off occurs this will enable the plant to drain properly mate you need pot risers in your drip tray and get the pots up off the tent floor creat a air gap under them warmer dryer roots aids in plant health. Regards OD.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This ^^^

So you've got to start Feeding newts, you've got to start watering to run off, or what I do is feed, feed then every third watering I run twice the normal volume through of plain pHed water and record the runoff pH and PPM maybe something like that might work for you? and you also need to check for bugs, maybe thrips, good luck!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The lights are preset at 100%. So its possible they are light burnt?

I have been going with this chart for them.
Appears light burnt to me. Maybe back it to 48" and slowly work up.

I agree you need to water to saturate the media. Being prefertes organic you want minimal runoff just enough to see it coming out. With synthetic we wanna kinda miniflush with runoff so nutrients don't build up. Then let dry very well before watering again

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also they don't list a recommendation for light cycle with those heights. Are you on 18/6 or 24/0

Top Bottom