First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Yup you cooking those babies man. Drop it to 30k see how they do. Lmao even fully mature plants with CO2 of 1500 ppm would be screaming.
Well shit go be a lil bit before I can get back home lmao I should have stayed with the other lights lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well shit go be a lil bit before I can get back home lmao I should have stayed with the other lights lol
No stay with these lights get as high as ya can and dim them to what ya need. They are more efficient at lower wattage anyhow and they have a good spectrum. Will serve ya much better but you need to think about height for flowering the plants will likely double in size once you flip to flower so your going to need to train them either lst or scrog will give you the most out of your space.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Low alkalinity will compound the issue making ph as I said less stable so the ph fluctuations are much greater. RO water by itself has next to no alkalinity

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

No stay with these lights get as high as ya can and dim them to what ya need. They are more efficient at lower wattage anyhow and they have a good spectrum. Will serve ya much better but you need to think about height for flowering the plants will likely double in size once you flip to flower so your going to need to train them either lst or scrog will give you the most out of your space.
Ok 10 4 will be doing that asap imma change to 2 gallon pots sunday. Then let them get a bit bigger then I'll probably flip them I'm guessing????

Judaz

Judaz

Just keep good airflow ( like aqua suggested ) and your game and follow vpd if you can, if it’s lower cause if your region ( Generalize your allowance and make sure your in the ranges & you should be fine, google vpd if you don’t know what that is )

+
Once in flower ( tip)
Deleaf/defoliant is key (proper timing) : first day of flower : remove the bottom part of the plant “ google lollipoping plants ) or right before it, 2nd : 10-15th day of flower, 3rd deleaf : 21-25th day remove any fan leaf that is covering a bud site( just put your hand over your canopy and find those worthy energy leafs instead of removing all ( they are energy sources ), 4th is optional and that’s 4-6th week remove big leafs so your buds will get the source ( your not growing leafs ) deleaf all big fan leafs that cover and recheck the bottom for “ waste /pop corn” and remove it before it can waste anymore of your energy ( so many people let crap nodes take all the energy but even look at veggie farmers)

Heres a link for the “ loolpopping “

I like Nebula Haze. She has prob has one of the best cannabis blogs. I'm assuming it's a woman. Not sure does anyone know?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

sorry I can't add anything here. I only grow with DE fixtures. These other guys will treat you right, they can help with these smaller grows and different lighting systems...
Principles all the same.... Equipment is much different.

Judaz

Judaz

Principles all the same.... Equipment is much different.

I agree but it's been so long for me that I don't remember well the issues that come with smaller grows from equipment etc. But the idea would be to look at the basics, temps, humidity high and lows. EC PH in and out. Get those factors out of the way then dive into light fixtures, medium, etc. Not having the equipment setup correctly can bring a whole lot of new issues and that's where I would not be useful. I would need to sharpen up my skills for the smaller stuff. rockwool, sealed rooms, DE fixtures, room designs, logistics of large ops that's where my expertise lies. So I figure you guys would do a better job than I can on these grows.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree but it's been so long for me that I don't remember well the issues that come with smaller grows from equipment etc. But the idea would be to look at the basics, temps, humidity high and lows. EC PH in and out. Get those factors out of the way then dive into light fixtures, medium, etc. Not having the equipment setup correctly can bring a whole lot of new issues and that's where I would not be useful. I would need to sharpen up my skills for the smaller stuff. rockwool, sealed rooms, DE fixtures, room designs, logistics of large ops that's where my expertise lies. So I figure you guys would do a better job than I can on these grows.
Yeah I see your point. Basics are usually covered in a big commercial grow

Judaz

Judaz

Big or small always remember the rudiments. Infecting the crop is a basic mistake. Everyone can make mistakes.

The thing with commercial grows its that its pretty easy when everything is dialed in. We don't see any of the issues that others are having here from rooms not being totally dialed in. If there is an issue in a commercial grow its due to equipment failure, grower error or a viroid lol

Top Bottom