First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ph really isn't that big of a deal for germination but the process is slower when the levels are high... like 7.0 and up high

Why?

I use 8.0 well water. Good seeds are tap rooted in less than 24 hours in a moist coffee filter all the time. I dont adjust ph ever. Watered in tap rooted seeds emerge from the soil quickly too. Last one i showed on my thread came up in like 20 hours after planting.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Your sales must suck to have to spam a site full of growers. Sorry about your business.

REPORTED

Farmingbuds

Farmingbuds

Why?

I use 8.0 well water. Good seeds are tap rooted in less than 24 hours in a moist coffee filter all the time. I dont adjust ph ever. Watered in tap rooted seeds emerge from the soil quickly too. Last one i showed on my thread came up in like 20 hours after planting.
Mine usually pop in 1 or 2 days as well

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

Why?

I'm in the s/w area of the country, I never used a digital ph meter so I've always gone by the color and its redder than anything on the bottle.
I'll do more research but I know the local water here is heavily treated and contains a lot of metals. Maybe the quality of the well water makes a difference? I shall do sum digging!

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

Why?

Ok I did my homework in 3 minutes lol. Well water has a higher ph because it contains more minerals and nutrients vs. City water that's been treated and filtered to get rid of pollutants.
It makes a little sense, my beans usually pop in 4 days and I use the water you see at those fill up stations

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm in the s/w area of the country, I never used a digital ph meter so I've always gone by the color and its redder than anything on the bottle.
I'll do more research but I know the local water here is heavily treated and contains a lot of metals. Maybe the quality of the well water makes a difference? I shall do sum digging!

Source water quality should be the first step in setting up a garden from what I have learned.

My well water is .3 ec (150ppm) and 8.0 ph out of the tap. It has too much iron and not enough magnesium. It is very important to know this. Like I surely dont need cal mag but i need nutes with magnesium.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok I did my homework in 3 minutes lol. Well water has a higher ph because it contains more minerals and nutrients vs. City water that's been treated and filtered to get rid of pollutants.
It makes a little sense, my beans usually pop in 4 days and I use the water you see at those fill up stations

That is too much generalization. Local city water near me has more mineral content but adjusted ph.

What is most important about the water is alkalinity. Search alkalinity and fertilizing or gardening.

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

That is too much generalization. Local city water near me has more mineral content but adjusted ph.

What is most important about the water is alkalinity. Search alkalinity and fertilizing or gardening.
Dont threatened me with a good time, I love learning this shit lol

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

So far I haven't found much other than what we all ready talked about. CDC and other sources
all support the claim that well water is of better quality due to toxins and pollutants not being there. As far as why the ph is higher I believe that would change based on location but haven't found any definitive answers

Eastcoast302

Eastcoast302

I got the Vivosun for like $100 and it is really good. I feel like $200+ for that is expensive
I agree I just got a 4 by 4 tent for $90 that is fireproof & an Aglex 2000 cob for $240..together they are the best setup for your money in my opinion. Together you can stuff that tent & pull good yields off every harvest.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So far I haven't found much other than what we all ready talked about. CDC and other sources
all support the claim that well water is of better quality due to toxins and pollutants not being there. As far as why the ph is higher I believe that would change based on location but haven't found any definitive answers

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok this is the set up for today. I'll add and tweak shit tomorrow. Not sure if these lights are to far away??? I still have my other lights the led bulbs I can use till they get bigger lmao.

Nice! But i cant comment on distance. Never used one of those.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

If you bring electric from the top you won’t have hanging cords. You can pull the cords in and out of the tent to adjust slack ;)

Looking clean bro! Can’t believe you are going hydro! I’ll be watching, I either want to try coco or hydro next.
Yeah hydro is going to be next grow soon as they finish remodel. But then it's on like donkey kong lmao.

Latest posts

Top Bottom