First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Nice! But i cant comment on distance. Never used one of those.
Yeah I am for sure not wanting to make the last mistake I made last time being to close and to hot. I want nice plants. I'll probably get a lil closer they at lowest setting now.

Farmingbuds

Farmingbuds

20200302 213348
20200302 213511

That's my 1 tent I dont have the other set up right now because I just moved

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

They can still get burned by the light, even if the heat is not present. The light intensity can still burn them. Younger plants should have more distance and then as they get older you can work it down. As long as you look for signs of light burn and adjust up when you see it you will be good.
Yeah 10 4. I messed up my plants last time. Not being aware of those factors. But will definitely play with it tomorrow lmao that sounded bad ha ha ha ha.

BigCube

BigCube

Might be a good idea to get a lux meter app for your phone. Makes it easier to know how much light your plants are getting 👍

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Might be a good idea to get a lux meter app for your phone. Makes it easier to know how much light your plants are getting 👍
Yeah I have 2 of those just need to find a chart that will put me in the ball park of amount of light they need.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Is there any where one can find a lux reading chart for flower or would you care to break it down like an average during flower? I know it will be strain/plant dependent, maybe your own personal experience though for a typical grow?

BigCube

BigCube

Is there any where one can find a lux reading chart for flower or would you care to break it down like an average during flower? I know it will be strain/plant dependent, maybe your own personal experience though for a typical grow?

Sure. I have a thread around here with all that info in it. I'll dig it up.

It's always good to cross reference your numbers with a lux to u mol calculator. So you get estimated par numbers too.

It's all in here, 3rd post gives the numbers you want. But I suggest reading it all, of course cause I wrote it. 🤣

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Sure. I have a thread around here with all that info in it. I'll dig it up.

It's always good to cross reference your numbers with a lux to u mol calculator. So you get estimated par numbers too.

It's all in here, 3rd post gives the numbers you want. But I suggest reading it all, of course cause I wrote it. 🤣

Thanks @BigCube heading there now. Sorry @Rolandomota didn't mean to jack ya thread

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

Are you guys using led in flower as well ?
I've always used a big florescent light with t5 bulbs and hps during flower. My current is an adjustable 1000 watt ballast connected to a double ended bulb. As you can imagine it uses a lot of energy but my power bill only goes up about $140 when growing. I would love to save more money but I'm old school and back in the day led couldn't compete.
Any of you guys use both ? Any noticeable difference in density or all around quantity?

BigCube

BigCube

Are you guys using led in flower as well ?
I've always used a big florescent light with t5 bulbs and hps during flower. My current is an adjustable 1000 watt ballast connected to a double ended bulb. As you can imagine it uses a lot of energy but my power bill only goes up about $140 when growing. I would love to save more money but I'm old school and back in the day led couldn't compete.
Any of you guys use both ? Any noticeable difference in density or all around quantity?

Yeah, all led. The hardest buds I've ever grown came from my quantum board.
Gelato.

LEDs are a mine field though. Be sure to get the right ones. Dont just shop amazon for some burple monster thing 🤣

How big is your grow space?

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

Yeah, all led. The hardest buds I've ever grown came from my quantum board.
Gelato.

LEDs are a mine field though. Be sure to get the right ones. Dont just shop amazon for some burple monster thing 🤣

How big is your grow space?
4x4 vivosun.
The floro I use now is an eight bulb fixture, each bulb uses 55 watts 55k.
Double ended hps in an air cooled hood
2 clip fans
5 gallon bubble buckets/ top fed dwc
4 line air manifold
Currently in day 28
20200303 195823
20200303 195823
20200303 195823

BigCube

BigCube

4x4 vivosun.
The floro I use now is an eight bulb fixture, each bulb uses 55 watts 55k.
Double ended hps in an air cooled hood
2 clip fans
5 gallon bubble buckets/ top fed dwc
4 line air manifold
Currently in day 28 View attachment 947034View attachment 94703428View attachment 947034

4x4=16=560 I'm sure 480w of kingbrite boards would give you exactly what you want. They dim, so veg is possible too.

2 of these, 3 if you want to overkill it, dimmer helps in these cases:

I run 2 (480w) in a 3x3 vivosun and they are rocking it.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yes do a journal man this way you have a legacy to look back on and see what worked for what!!
But looking at you from the first post in oct 2019, and today, I’d say you have come far my brother!
You have more confidence and have your own style that you know what works for you. This is the key, you know best what works for you and having a journal to document all of this is success that one can reflect on and or lean on if something goes wrong!
Now teach! Give what you learned to the next new grower cause you just had your first go and you have the freshest feel for what it is to be lost and then to find your way around!!
Congrats and I’ll keeping looking your success and good vibes man!

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Yes do a journal man this way you have a legacy to look back on and see what worked for what!!
But looking at you from the first post in oct 2019, and today, I’d say you have come far my brother!
You have more confidence and have your own style that you know what works for you. This is the key, you know best what works for you and having a journal to document all of this is success that one can reflect on and or lean on if something goes wrong!
Now teach! Give what you learned to the next new grower cause you just had your first go and you have the freshest feel for what it is to be lost and then to find your way around!!
Congrats and I’ll keeping looking your success and good vibes man!
Thanks man appreciate that. Yeah I made the new post imma update all the info soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom