First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BloodShot

BloodShot

I have no real plan for light I'm open to all suggestions. They will be in the box till I transplant them and build my grow tent using PVC pipe that I will be building. As for as what I hope to get from my crop anything would be great. This is more of a test run to see how the plant changes and to learn from any mistakes I might make along the road. Of course I'd love to grow some fat buds my first go around but I keep it real they may die lol hope not.
I'm sure you'll do fine.
You have some of the best people here to ask for advice and everything you need to know at your finger tips.
Good luck!

Bud shiners

Bud shiners

if you're going to build a grow tent at a PVC pipe make sure you go to your local hydroponics store or hardware store and get Panda plastic black on one side pure white on the other You get a roll for about 25 bucks You can even buy the stick on zippers also if you can't afford HPS light or metal halide tribbing a shop light fixture you can even find them on craigslist sometimes for free just remember your Kelvin rating look at your balbs for vegetation you'll need 6500 or above and for flower you wann'a go down to 2,700 which is more of a red light same if you just use CFL lights check your Kelvin rating Happy growing

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I agree with most posts move the light closer use the hand method back to your hand hold your hand over the plant and then feel the back of your hand if the light is too hot then it's too close it's look worm it's perfect I would definitely put it about 4 in from your plants also I'd put a low speed fan to strengthen up them lonView attachment 903015View attachment 903015View attachment 903015g stems.. Happy growing I'm using a 600 w HPS and it's 16 in from my plant this is my new purple urkel lady
Ok thanks for the info I have started to use a fan to make them strong. And i lowered the bigger light before work. I'll try what you said to get the light as close as possible. I was thinking they were kinda small for the amount of time the have been in the pot. I'll add another light I have today also to give her more power to grow. Thanks for the info.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

if you're going to build a grow tent at a PVC pipe make sure you go to your local hydroponics store or hardware store and get Panda plastic black on one side pure white on the other You get a roll for about 25 bucks You can even buy the stick on zippers also if you can't afford HPS light or metal halide tribbing a shop light fixture you can even find them on craigslist sometimes for free just remember your Kelvin rating look at your balbs for vegetation you'll need 6500 or above and for flower you wann'a go down to 2,700 which is more of a red light same if you just use CFL lights check your Kelvin rating Happy growing
Ok nice thanks for the info will definitely look into getting that today. I feel once I make my tent I can add better lights and get them to where they need to be. So far they are in a cardboard box with foils paper as my reflection . Thanks again.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Ok so I put the light lower and added another light. I notice that my soil has been drying out alot faster now. So I give my plants water in the morning before work and a lil when I get home. Plants are differently getting bigger. Anything I need to look out for?

Northernpop

Northernpop

My babies usually only get a drink every four days or so. When they're near the end of flowering I use one litre per plant every third day.

It's easy to overwater, so it's worth getting used to the weight of the pots before and after Watering. Then you can judge how thirsty they are.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

My babies usually only get a drink every four days or so. When they're near the end of flowering I use one litre per plant every third day.

It's easy to overwater, so it's worth getting used to the weight of the pots before and after Watering. Then you can judge how thirsty they are.
Ok thanks for the info I'll have to start doing that. Guess I was nervous. Didn't want my babies to die.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Ok thanks for the info I'll have to start doing that. Guess I was nervous. Didn't want my babies to die.

20191018 173159
20191018 173142
20191018 173135
20191018 173122
20191017 204223
Gemini

Gemini

I made both tents with pvc and panda film works great the one in picture only has a fan on them
The other tent which I flower in has a hole cut with a screen for Intake and a little fan placed in a cut hole then taped shut for exhaust and fans blowing on them. Have never had to close the door Everything but the lights and panda film came from Walmart or Home Depot
Both tents and lights 300$ If that

2747A962 99EE 420B AB3B 472347E0420F
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

They look fine, you want your leaves pointing up to the light not shying away from it, i use a 600w led and for seedlings that small abot 28inc, once tthey get bigger i bring my light down to 24inc, this seems to be the sweet spot.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

They look fine, you want your leaves pointing up to the light not shying away from it, i use a 600w led and for seedlings that small abot 28inc, once tthey get bigger i bring my light down to 24inc, this seems to be the sweet spot.
What brand did you use? And did that light help for both veg and flower?

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Ok question 3 of my plants have roots trying to come out the bottom drain hole. Is it ok to move them to a bigger pot? And if so how big a pot should I jump???

Top Bottom