First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Hey Roland, just putting this out there, others more experienced with fabric pots may have a different take. Its like nearly impossible to over water plants in fabric pots. The outside of the pot would be seeping water and be completely wet to the touch if it was over watered. The fabric acts as a wicking agent, which is why I quit using them, as I had to water more frequently.
10 4 I got you. And yeah I see that I've been watering around ever 4 days. I'm ok with the pots cause I have learned to water with these the feel of watering and when they ready to be watered again. But for some reason that's the first to do that. And after I water she stands tall and happy.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

10 4 I got you. And yeah I see that I've been watering around ever 4 days. I'm ok with the pots cause I have learned to water with these the feel of watering and when they ready to be watered again. But for some reason that's the first to do that. And after I water she stands tall and happy.
Think that's your answer. @MIMedGrower said that a few posts back. Understand that just because they are all planted at the same time doesn't mean they all need watered at the same time. That would make growing far to convenient.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I mean no offence, you do realize as your plant grows it adds weight. So what was light and needing watering before may feel heavy and over watered now. There is twice as much biomass under the soil as you see on top. A better way to look at it. If you watered a small plant every 3 to 4 days, a plant twice that size will need to be watered every 2 to 3 days in the same pot, and as it doubles again it could come down to every 1 to 2 days in the same pot. She won't stop drinking till nearing the end of flower.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Think that's your answer. @MIMedGrower said that a few posts back. Understand that just because they are all planted at the same time doesn't mean they all need watered at the same time. That would make growing far to convenient.
Yeah that's true I guess I was going off how heavy the felt. I can water that one today and see what happens.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I mean no offence, you do realize as your plant grows it adds weight. So what was light and needing watering before may feel heavy and over watered now. There is twice as much biomass under the soil as you see on top. A better way to look at it. If you watered a small plant every 3 to 4 days, a plant twice that size will need to be watered every 2 to 3 days in the same pot, and as it doubles again it could come down to every 1 to 2 days in the same pot. She won't stop drinking till nearing the end of flower.
Yeah I see your point and no offence taken bro I'm here to learn do I'll take any advice.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not sure still feels a bit heavy. I did notice I move a small layer of soil up top and when I go to do the finger test it's harder then before. As if I am meet by a good amount of roots. I will see when I water again try and give that plant a but more water and check its run off compared to the other plants?? Unless you have a different test in mind I can run.

Dont know. I cant really see the plant. It could still be droopy from the calcium buildup too I guess.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Well today the plants will get water. Now I need to decide do I give a small feeding or just 50/50. Another issue I have is I can only mix 2 gallons at a time. So what ever I feed will have to be broken down between the 4 gal.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well today the plants will get water. Now I need to decide do I give a small feeding or just 50/50. Another issue I have is I can only mix 2 gallons at a time. So what ever I feed will have to be broken down between the 4 gal.

You sure they are all ready. I thought you said you know now that they may not be dry together.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I checked them all before I went to go get ro water they all light now. Well the big dropy extra light but the all light as a feather and nice and dry soil

Go get em bro. The right feed strength and times you will have to figure out. Thats the main learning curve in my opinion. Well it was for me. I still second guess and make mistakes with fertilizer. The plants grow so fast its not always easy.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Go get em bro. The right feed strength and times you will have to figure out. Thats the main learning curve in my opinion. Well it was for me. I still second guess and make mistakes with fertilizer. The plants grow so fast its not always easy.
10 4 my game plan was go be first 2 gals of 50 50 just water and the last 2 gal of 50 50 add a small amount of nutes. Im at 151 for 50 50
Figured last to gals make it 350 so it's only 150 of nutes???

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Hey Roland, I went back and looked at some things in this thread, just wanted to share a couple observations, not rabbit trails. Before you start getting into the nutrients think about something first. You up potted your plants on the 16th of November, according to what I saw in your posts. The soil that you used is good for at LEAST 30 days with no amendments needed. Its not even the 16th of December, that soil is still good for at LEAST another week with JUST water. Keep in mind also that Ocean Forrest is notoriously HOT soil right out the bag, not saying that's a bad thing just something to keep in mind. Also, you are getting ready to flower as well, you might want to plan accordingly, and if you do decide to feed, feed for bloom not veg, high in K and not so much N. You are in soil, it will take a week for the nutrients to even become available to the plant so plan accordingly for light flip. Example. If you fed bloom today the plant would not even START to use the nutrients for 5-7 days. You are in soil not coco or hydro. You should be looking to flip lights any day now, so keep in mind you need at least 7 days so the nutrients become available. You want that high K now, readily available, so those bud sites have what they need to start forming.

One other thing, stop taking pictures of your girls as soon as the lights pop on. LoL they just woke up and haven't had time to get awake yet, I don't think any female wants her picture took right out of bed. LoL. Give them time to wake up and get their energy flowing. IMHO it is not a good idea to make judgments on plant needs then, when they will tend to be a little droopy even in the best of conditions at lights on and nearing lights off, having not started work or being to close to the end of they day.

Keep in mind you are still looking good and on point!

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Hey Roland, I went back and looked at some things in this thread, just wanted to share a couple observations, not rabbit trails. Before you start getting into the nutrients think about something first. You up potted your plants on the 16th of November, according to what I saw in your posts. The soil that you used is good for at LEAST 30 days with no amendments needed. Its not even the 16th of December, that soil is still good for at LEAST another week with JUST water. Keep in mind also that Ocean Forrest is notoriously HOT soil right out the bag, not saying that's a bad thing just something to keep in mind. Also, you are getting ready to flower as well, you might want to plan accordingly, and if you do decide to feed, feed for bloom not veg, high in K and not so much N. You are in soil, it will take a week for the nutrients to even become available to the plant so plan accordingly for light flip. Example. If you fed bloom today the plant would not even START to use the nutrients for 5-7 days. You are in soil not coco or hydro. You should be looking to flip lights any day now, so keep in mind you need at least 7 days so the nutrients become available. You want that high K now, readily available, so those bud sites have what they need to start forming.

One other thing, stop taking pictures of your girls as soon as the lights pop on. LoL they just woke up and haven't had time to get awake yet, I don't think any female wants her picture took right out of bed. LoL. Give them time to wake up and get their energy flowing. IMHO it is not a good idea to make judgments on plant needs then, when they will tend to be a little droopy even in the best of conditions at lights on and nearing lights off, having not started work or being to close to the end of they day.

Keep in mind you are still looking good and on point!
10 4 thanks for the advice. I'll make sure I let the girls wake up before taking their pics. I am now in my 3rd week of flower not finished with it but in it. I did a small light feed of the stuff you mentioned. I have a small space so I had to flip early as to not run out of room. I do appreciate the information bud.

20191211 175615
20191211 175610
20191211 094947
20191211 094943
Caninobis

Caninobis

Sorry. I know I always do this but this is the most active thread I’m apart of. Do you guys think that if I added a 100 watt HPS bulb in with my 450 watts of LED it would make any kind of noticeable difference in flower or is it just a waste of energy? My hardware store has these little 100 watt HPS bulbs that fit in to a standard socket and they’re on sale for like $6 so it got me wondering.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry. I know I always do this but this is the most active thread I’m apart of. Do you guys think that if I added a 100 watt HPS bulb in with my 450 watts of LED it would make any kind of noticeable difference in flower or is it just a waste of energy? My hardware store has these little 100 watt HPS bulbs that fit in to a standard socket and they’re on sale for like $6 so it got me wondering.
Depends on the space and if you are light limited. Can you deal with the heat etc. Need more details bro.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Saw your page plants looking good bud. As for your question I'm new to this shit but I dont see how more light could hurt. Only thing I would wonder would be since your running leds would the HPS light give your plants any kind of stress since it is different then led. But like I said I know shit about this. Hope some of the og's can give some input bud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom