First time grower

• Thread starter BDiggity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BDiggity

BDiggity

I'm looking to see if it's time to harvest this plant :) This is my first time growing and it's been a bumpy ride. I have checked the trichromes under 60x mag and they look milky white, some of the other buds on the plant though so still have straight pistols and they aren't curly. So I'm not sure if it's time to harvest. I also need to flush the plant so I'm worried it may be too late. I'm looking for all the advice possible.

First time grower
First time grower 2
First time grower 3
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Are you growing in hydro, soil or coco? Flushing isn’t a certainty and is pretty subjective. But, the suggestions vary for the medium.

I’d say it’s not ready yet, imo. I’d wait to start seeing some amber and no clear at all. Be sure to check a variety of buds.

BDiggity

BDiggity

Are you growing in hydro, soil or coco? Flushing isn’t a certainty and is pretty subjective. But, the suggestions vary for the medium.

I’d say it’s not ready yet, imo. I’d wait to start seeing some amber and no clear at all. Be sure to check a variety of buds.

I'm growing in hydro.
Is this photo or auto and how long has it been in flower. Looks like you still have a ways to go yet imo.
It's photo, I switched it to 12 hour light about 4 weeks ago.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
looks like it has revegged at one point or still is?
i know it’s just a photo on my iphone but the trichomes already seems milky ish?

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Hard to say how many weeks. Just keep monitoring.

from what I’ve read, hydro flushing can be done pretty soon before harvest. Like the day before.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well it’s getting light during the dark cycle because i can see signs of revegging,
KEEP IT DARK!!!
no light at all during night time.
well if the trichomes are milky your kinda there, but with revegging and looks like it’s been going on a while, i’m not sure what you should do.
my advice isn’t for you as i would be making oil or hash..
wait for someone else to tell you what to do.

BDiggity

BDiggity

well it’s getting light during the dark cycle because i can see signs of revegging,
KEEP IT DARK!!!
no light at all during night time.
well if the trichomes are milky your kinda there, but with revegging and looks like it’s been going on a while, i’m not sure what you should do.
my advice isn’t for you as i would be making oil or hash..
wait for someone else to tell you what to do.
It's been

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i see you said 4 weeks since switch, well can’t really be milky yet, just keep it dark!

BDiggity

BDiggity

I have been keeping it dark. They have been in a tent getting 12 on and 12 off. I have gone in to check ph, and have put the room light on for a few minutes. I didn't think that would be an issue. I guess I screwed up. So now what? Is this plant useless at this point. What are my options? I appreciate the help and all the replies! Thanks!

BDiggity

BDiggity

Atleast 4 more weeks.
That's actually what I thought, but I was looking at the trichromes and thought it was close, but from what I'm hearing those are on the leaves, so I should wait till I see them more closely on the buds. Ill want another 4 weeks and see what happens.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

The plant won’t be useless ever. If it reveges, I’ve read that it can go nuts, in a good way.

look up monster cropping. Reveging is a method intentionally used by some.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think you may be mistaken that they are cloudy.

Also in hydro there is no need to flush. Simply just lower the ppm to under 300 for the last week or so.

BDiggity

BDiggity

I think you may be mistaken that they are cloudy.

Also in hydro there is no need to flush. Simply just lower the ppm to under 300 for the last week or so.
Thanks! I am growing in an aerogarden and the site aeroweed https://www.aeroweed.info/ recommends a flush, so thought I would need to do it. You guys are all very helpful!!! I appreciate all the responses!!! Thanks alot!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom