First Time Grower

• Thread starter woohoo90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tdabbz719

Tdabbz719

Up size pots as soon as possible. They'll all jump right back. If root bound when transplanting try and break apart some roots from soil at the bottom of the pot (it wont hurt tha plants), then feed em and let a ride for next couple of days. Might top all nodes on top with transplant to make the lower branches reach up if ya feel. Other than that they are lookin great my dude woohoo

Meakanu

Meakanu

Hey guys,

Week 2 of veg is in full swing, doing my best to be hands off aside for normal waterings but still trying to be vigilant in investigating any deficiencies I might be seeing pop up. Here are some pics from a little bit ago, IDK why I decided to do two different strains, serious noob error right there. These Sunset's are some finicky ladies, and I'm still trying to get what they like best figured out. The cookies on the other hand, I am worried I may be underfeeding as they are growing fast as hell and look like they might be Fe def with those white stems at the top, maybe chlorosis?? I know, I know, a lot of this stuff might seem in consequential but I really don't want to have any of this shit pop up later down the road and fuck everything else up.
- Water pH is at 6.2-6.5ishh
- Daytime temps are in the mid to high 70's nights low 70s
- Humidity 55-65%
View attachment 761554
- both seem to have some purple/pinkish hue in the petioles and lighter green/yellowish veins in leaves.
- Can see some of the leaves on the Sunset's (the 3 thinner ones on the right) are darker. They DO NOT like foliar spray lol, too much P/K/N? I have held off watering these guys and they seem too have responded better to that
- I read Seamaiden's thread on three fingered leaves, but these guys have never left veg. Could that be from grower having them under 24/0 light and me switching them to 18/6? Or just crap genetics lol.
- The cookies, while growing, they are still showing purple in petioles and struggling leaves (see the fella on the far left) with bright green/white new growth with pinkish stems. Not enough Mg/Ca/Fe/K/N?
- The amount of small deficiencies in the Cookies makes me think they're not getting enough nutes all around while the Sunset's are probably getting too many?
- Happy to report the runt is still alive and kicking!

Here are some pics showing closer views of the issues I am seeing pop up. I have been heavily using the search function so I might be nitpicking, but I really just want to learn about what these signs all mean so I can have the best turnout possible come harvest time. And also because the last time I tied to self asses and fix it didn't go so well. So hopefully you guys can give me a better idea of if I'm on the right track or things I need to watch out for or keep an eye out for down the road. Thanks again!

View attachment 761556
- Closer view of white tips, greenish veins, purple petioles, white/pinkish stems, bright green new growth...
View attachment 761557
- Dried bottom leaves with purple petioles and green veins on cookies. Epsom foliar REALLY helped these guys
View attachment 761558
- Light colored new growth angles upwards makes me think Fe deficiency maybe?View attachment 761559
- Closer view of purple petioles and yellowing veins

I’m in week 7 flower of my first grow and the best looking plant in my grow room has a purple stem and has had a purple stem the whole time.
Your plants are looking good.

woohoo90

woohoo90

As I sit here this morning and agonize about the 7 bitcoins I bought back in 2015 and then promptly squandered.... we are now in week 3 now and all plants have been successfully repotted! Well, all but one, just need to grab one more pot... Still a little damp from the morning misting. As always, thanks for all the guidance thus far guys.
IMG 0509

Latest posts

Top Bottom