First Time Growing And I Need Help!

• Thread starter Brothai
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Brothai

F2F1274D A99F 4E66 A87F A04D6A48874F
24F9996C AC6D 4589 A4FD 5109DCD68E3C
Can you guys help me determine if this is male or female? I’m hoping it’s a female! Any tips would be helpful!

Bigdawg15009

Bigdawg15009

Just give it some time its still kinda hard to tell yet. I had a plant that looked just like that and it turned out to be female..i think males show faster than females dont they? But either way give it time and keep checkin it.

Bigdawg15009

Bigdawg15009

The males are more rounded at the top yours looks like it comes to a point more lol..i drove myself crazy bc had huge whatever there called calyx stipuls idk but they were huge so it kinda looked like yours and it was so hard to tell if it was male or female. So for roughly 2 months i drove myself crazy bc i had to know. I think she knew bc like a typical woman made me wait damn near a month into flower b4 any white hairs or male balls lol grew on her. Then boom white hairs everywhere. Man was i happy. My point just give it some time dont sweat it bc it is gonna be what its gonna be and youll do like i did and drive yourself nuts lol..

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Looks like your leaf tips are clawing down too. Just my observation... Might wanna watch out for nitrogen toxicity.

B

Brothai

Can you guys help me identify if this is a female or
Male? Thanks so much for the advice btw you guys! Really appreciate it!

B

Brothai

BA187A7E 40A4 45F3 840A F6669526F63C
330F90A4 4FF6 4E89 B78C 374623B798B6
Here’s an update on the first plant that I was having issues with! Thanks so much for the help you guys

New2dagame

New2dagame

Plant is still not happy . Leaves should be stretching for the light . Your leaves are drooping. I would raise light even more . And wait one day more then usual for feeding .
I personally can’t tell male or female yet . Happy Grow

B

Brothai

hey guys i have this girl going to flowering soon and right now i have the lights set up at 4:30am lights on- 10:30pm lights off as of now but i want to get it flowering and need advice. would it be a good idea to switch it over to a 8pm lights on to 8am lights off. or should i go from 10:30am - 8pm cycle if you guys have any input please let me know. truly appreciate any tips!

dan1989

dan1989

View attachment 839669 hey you guys this is my first time growing and it’s been almost 2 months since I sprouted my first plant! But lately it’s been looking a lil sad and I’ve been doing everything I can think of to help it. But it’s still looking sad.

Just water the thing already. Your leaves look lifeless. To the correct PH (5.8) with an EC of say 1.2 and observe colour from then on. If using low ppm water or RO might need some calcium.

Looks under watered to me. Usually on a first grow you'll over feed, doesn't look that way, leaves look otherwise healthy.

You should be feeding every watering which should occur little and often, the rule of thumb is every day in coco but I usually get away with every other day on small to medium sized plants.

Yours will be a bush in flower, which unless that's an auto I'd initiate as soon as you've solved your under watering issue.

Good luck!

dan1989

dan1989

Correct watering practises are paramount in coco, it's very hard to over water as not only is it naturally a very aerated medium (assuming you've not packed it tightly into the pot and are not saturating it constantly) but also when you water it you are actually pushing air down into the roots when the water is filtering through the medium. It is like a sponge, coco only holds so much water and then anything more you add is just runoff.

Also, if you're adding perlite for better drainage, it doesn't really work very well on coco. The two mediums have essentially the same properties, so in reality the perlite is just taking up root space. It's like a sponge, the water doesn't mix with the coco or perlite like in soil, you can technically squeeze coco dry if you were determined enough. I use it purely to use less coco :)

Coco is a hydroponic media and commands consistency, discipline, respect and hours of research and trial and error if you want to get the best out of this wonderful medium.

Cation exchange, you need to read and understand the principle of how this stuff works, only then can you react to an issue; flushing with plain water is a no no in coco, as to do so would upset a carefully balanced buffer within the media that you are feeding. You are feeding the coco not the plant. Read...

Top Bottom