• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zeroclue

Zeroclue

Used wire to spread her out a bit
20210215 175137

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Could try to trim some of the bigger fan leafs to open more air flow and light to what’s underneath, just remember to help reduce shock never trim over 40% and two of those fan leafs equal close to 40%.

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

Could try to trim some of the bigger fan leafs to open more air flow and light to what’s underneath, just remember to help reduce shock never trim over 40% and two of those fan leafs equal close to 40%.
My very bottom 3 leaves are turning should I clip those?
20210217 185244

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

My very bottom 3 leaves are turning should I clip those?View attachment 1092937
Those come down to choice and how you want to trim and do upkeep on the plant. Like me personally the real lower leafs I let them run their full life cycle till their “”dead pretty much yellow and drained than take them off. From mid plant up I trim to open the plant for better air flow and light penetration for side branching and etc. I see you got ties and your doing a training method I haven’t done yet so, maybe trimming might work different so I can’t honestly say since I’ve never done that grow training which could have different trimming guidelines and etc.

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

Those come down to choice and how you want to trim and do upkeep on the plant. Like me personally the real lower leafs I let them run their full life cycle till their “”dead pretty much yellow and drained than take them off. From mid plant up I trim to open the plant for better air flow and light penetration for side branching and etc. I see you got ties and your doing a training method I haven’t done yet so, maybe trimming might work different so I can’t honestly say since I’ve never done that grow training which could have different trimming cguidelines and etc.
Thats what I've been doing my first single leaves are falling off naturally just did a little more

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

Those come down to choice and how you want to trim and do upkeep on the plant. Like me personally the real lower leafs I let them run their full life cycle till their “”dead pretty much yellow and drained than take them off. From mid plant up I trim to open the plant for better air flow and light penetration for side branching and etc. I see you got ties and your doing a training method I haven’t done yet so, maybe trimming might work different so I can’t honestly say since I’ve never done that grow training which could have different trimming guidelines and etc.
I just did more lst I didnt finish my sentence lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Same thing bro.. I leave if they aren't resting on the media. Then they go just before flip when I lollipop.

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

Same thing bro.. I leave if they aren't resting on the media. Then they go just before flip when I lollipop.
Hey man, would you recommend trimming the top fan leaves to allow more light to the bottom? Or should I just keep lst. I feel like my plant is growing much more leaf than stem? Its getting to the point where If I move a stem in any direction it will just cover up another section down below

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey man, would you recommend trimming the top fan leaves to allow more light to the bottom? Or should I just keep lst. I feel like my plant is growing much more leaf than stem? Its getting to the point where If I move a stem in any direction it will just cover up another section down below
I remove the oldest largest leaves when defoliating... after about 60 days they stop photosynthesizing as efficiently. I'll pull a few top leaves blocking lower clusters only if the light will be hitting other leaves and bud sites. Always keep overall photosynthesis in mind. Think of it like a flat surface and you want every bit of light being absorbed by the plant if that helps.

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

I remove the oldest largest leaves when defoliating... after about 60 days they stop photosynthesizing as efficiently. I'll pull a few top leaves blocking lower clusters only if the light will be hitting other leaves and bud sites. Always keep overall photosynthesis in mind. Think of it like a flat surface and you want every bit of light being absorb
I remove the oldest largest leaves when defoliating... after about 60 days they stop photosynthesizing as efficiently. I'll pull a few top leaves blocking lower clusters only if the light will be hitting other leaves and bud sites. Always keep overall photosynthesis in mind. Think of it like a flat surface and you want every bit of light being absorbed by the plant if that helps.
Yeah makes sense, bigger the surface area per leaf, more photosynthesis, remove leaves if blocking bud sites 👍 appreciate it aqua

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

I'm thinking about topping first, taking the 2 newest nodes, and cloning it then waiting a week to recover then start removing large fan leaves covering the undergrowth. I'm hoping in doing so I can make my canopy more even and spaced out. Definitely open to suggestions I'm hesitant about topping but I want to know what you guys think
20210219 080429

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

The thing is im not sure what it is, strain wise, photo or auto, I found this seed so everything is unknown
Oh boy, well... lol only time will tell on that factor. I don’t wanna be the one say yes and do it when the plant is a auto, their goes your main coil and growth. I would grab a second opinion. But for a first grow I would t go crazy with techniques, I would say let it grow and trim here and their and just get that basic first grow out of the way and when done do a self review and see were and what you could improve on and etc.

Top Bottom