First time growing could use (lots of) advice

• Thread starter Jedsdead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Maudsworld

Ok, nice one. Huge difference alright. Do you know the name of the light you got? Or if you have a link to it? Thanks a lot

J

Jedsdead

I’ll find it for you, ring Tomas in west coast grow shop and see if he has any (he can get them) or call in he’s great for advice and has all you need for growing. Plus you will have it for next year too

J

Jedsdead

IMG 0420
Ok so it was around €57 I’m crap at remembering prices

J

Jedsdead

There’s 2 parts, a transformer and the actual strip light itself

J

Jedsdead

Well I had no choice cos they were stretching so much for light, now the little one is sturdy because it has the light it’s way ahead and like 3 weeks younger

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Well I had no choice cos they were stretching so much for light, now the little one is sturdy because it has the light it’s way ahead and like 3 weeks younger
You did good : ) there are some that would say to just put more soil around it until an up pot, I like to burry them in the soil during the up put not before it. Thats when the DIY supports are handy. Ill bet you will have a hard time at a quick glance telling which one was smaller and behind in a month. Keep up the good work✌️

J

Jedsdead

Cheers I hope so, I just had a quick check on the bottoms of them and roots are showing so it’s tunnel time for the first 3, but can’t stress the difference the light makes.
Keep in touch 👍

J

Jedsdead

hey my man thanks for the check in its appreciated, yeah we're doin good here in the not so sunny west of Ireland. learned a good lesson regarding getting seedlings off to a good start with good light source. I broke 2 Gelato glue and 1 Strawberry banana all of which got very tall and skinny very quickly and then around week 2 I got a light. I had to support them to stop them falling over but they are past that now and looking better, they began showing roots at bottom of their cups so I potted them into the final grow pots and they are 1 month old and out in the poly tunnel now and the weather has finally started to warm up and I'm feeding them now too. so then I broke a fourth seed and this was under the light as soon as it broke and the difference is astounding, shorter stronger stem and a lovely dark green too. I'll post a few pics tomorrow.
so a few questions for you, maybe better answered after I post pics.
regarding feeding I'm really just keeping the pot damp as they are quite small but how often should I feed/water?
and do I use just water at any point or always feed?
ok look forward to your reply, cheers

J

Jedsdead

So first 4 pics are the ones that started without the light and last 2 with light from the get go, pics speak for themselves

Latest posts

Top Bottom