first time growing in coco coir

• Thread starter KidGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KidGrower

KidGrower

This is my first time growing with coco coir and im also a new grower and am trying diffrent things out, i originally started the plants in some left over coast of maine stonignton blend soil that i had and started them in solo cups for 18 days and then i transplanted them into their final 5 gallon fabric pot. At the transplant i was feeding them an EC of 0.7 and a Ph of 5.8 and was using HGV nutrients at a quarter strength and then calmag at full strength per gallon. I was not watering until runoff then which I should have been but the plants looked fine.
They have been in coco for about 14 days now and about a week and a half later i started to water until i saw about 5-10% runoff because i noticed the plants wernet growing as well as they should and when i started to test the runoff EC it was reading right around 2.2 so i started giving them just water twice a day like i normally would wiht nutrients but instead gave them water until my runoff Ec was around 0.7. The plants have been continuously growing slow and small and i have been increaseing the inflow EC every other day about 100 -200 points higher than what it was before and testing the runoff to get right around 1100 to 750 in some plants. Today i used a different strength ix and instead of being at 0.7-0.9 for EC i had it at 1.1 and tested the runoff and it was reading 0.7, so now im guessing their is some kind of nutrient deficiency with the plants. They definitely look lighter green in the picture but im still concerned with how they look.

First time growing in coco coir
First time growing in coco coir 2
First time growing in coco coir 3
First time growing in coco coir 4
First time growing in coco coir 5
First time growing in coco coir 6
First time growing in coco coir 7
First time growing in coco coir 8
First time growing in coco coir 9
First time growing in coco coir 10
First time growing in coco coir 11
Choppr

Choppr

They look pretty good, looks like mild Mg issue going on, they may snap out of it? Next run build your Coco for Hi-Freq, get a big bag of #3 Perlite (#4 if you can find it), Keep going with Cal/Mag but if the issue persists back off as Mag deficient resembles Mag Toxic... if you need any help with Coco PM me, Welcome to the "Hydro Master Race" ! (oh and all that little shit down near the soil remove all of it - it will amount to nothing in the end) right-on !

KidGrower

KidGrower

They look pretty good, looks like mild Mg issue going on, they may snap out of it? Next run build your Coco for Hi-Freq, get a big bag of #3 Perlite (#4 if you can find it), Keep going with Cal/Mag but if the issue persists back off as Mag deficient resembles Mag Toxic... if you need any help with Coco PM me, Welcome to the "Hydro Master Race" ! (oh and all that little shit down near the soil remove all of it - it will amount to nothing in the end) right-on !
Thanks for the help I’ll try and keep you updated

Top Bottom