First time growing in tent with leds!

• Thread starter Jbl613
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jbl613

Jbl613

Hey everyone this is my first time growing in a tent and with leds so I'm trying to learn what I can from people who have previous experience! I currently have 2 samsung leds one is a 301h the other is a 301b I believe and I also have a 315 hps in there for added light and a little heat. I currently have 3 different strains 2 are ethos genetics (grandpas stash/cherry gar cee ya) other is supposed to be astro pink any advice or tips welcome I will be updating atleast once a week if not more! Thanks for coming on the journey !

First time growing in tent with leds
Jbl613

Jbl613

Are these photos or autos?

Looks like you'll have plenty of room.
These are all photos I'm not a fan of autoflowers and yeah I like to let them.have room to grow into.instead of overcrowding mind you that is not the way the pots will stay set up it will eventually just be 2 rows of 4 plants
When I decide to put them into flower

elduderito

elduderito

looks good - what medium are they in and how big are those fabric pots? tent size? I reckon you'll need quite a bit of veg time to fill that space! have fun

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Those pots are kind of big for that stage of growth, but as long as you water thoroughly, I don't imagine there would be a problem.

Jbl613

Jbl613

Those pots are kind of big for that stage of growth, but as long as you water thoroughly, I don't imagine there would be a problem.
They are 10g pots I got ahead of myself with transplanting because my humidifier wasn't in yet and it was easier to keep humidity levels up but now my humidifier is in I will not need to up pot them as quickly next time around!

Jbl613

Jbl613

looks good - what medium are they in and how big are those fabric pots? tent size? I reckon you'll need quite a bit of veg time to fill that space! have fun
They're in promix bx and the pots are 10g tent size is 6.5x6.5x6.5 I imagine probably a solid month of veg time I think

Jbl613

Jbl613

plants look good, but 3 lights for this stage is a

plants look good, but 3 lights for this stage is a bit overkill imo
Should I turn off the 315? Or shut off the leds? My idea for the 3 different lights was just for variety of light spectrum but I'm open to suggestions again I'm no pro and love hearing opinions

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Should I turn off the 315? Or shut off the leds? My idea for the 3 different lights was just for variety of light spectrum but I'm open to suggestions again I'm no pro and love hearing opinions
have you tested the par readings in the tent with three or two lights?
I mean if you have even par reading with all three lights than by all means but if the par reading is hotter than your just wasting money imo
lol, one thing for sure tho. Right now they can be closer to each other and use less amount of light

K

Kylle

Don't use the hand test for checking heat for light distance from canopy. SMH, I fucked up my first LED grow lol.

growsince79

growsince79

I mean if you have even par reading with all three lights than by all means but if the par reading is hotter than your just wasting money imo
lol, one thing for sure tho. Right now they can be closer to each other and use less amount of light
Agree. I'd put them all close together, turn off the leds, lower the cmh to 16" and watch them explode.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Agree. I'd put them all close together, turn off the leds, lower the cmh to 16" and watch them explode.
true, also the led's are too close to the wall so the light is getting wasted from the sides cuz their not centered properly. im trying to find a chart to showcase how much light is penetrated at what angle and height

Jbl613

Jbl613

I do not have a meter to test par reading but I turned off the leds for now and have moved them all closer together

Jbl613

Jbl613

And thank you guys for your input I really appreciate every bit of info again I'm not completely green to growing but am completely green when it comes to tent/led grows

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you can download a light measuring app for your phone. I use photone on iphone. That will help you get an idea of the readings. i use the free version just so i get an idea what the number is. Cuz it can never be precise

PK1

PK1

Supporter
raise the fabric pots so there is air flow under them. this should also allow the water to drip once their fed. Hopefully there are some holes in the plastic containers?

Jbl613

Jbl613

raise the fabric pots so there is air flow under them. this should also allow the water to drip once their fed. Hopefully there are some holes in the plastic containers?
Yes there are hole in the plastic containers and I will look into pot raisers for the fabric pots as for par reading what should it be at and where should I measure from? (Where my canopy start/directly under light/6 inches away from light?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Yes there are hole in the plastic containers and I will look into pot raisers for the fabric pots as for par reading what should it be at and where should I measure from? (Where my canopy start/directly under light/6 inches away from light?
I've never grown under HPS but i know they run allot hotter. what do you think @growsince79
350ppfd?

growsince79

growsince79

Every phone and light meter is different. Turn off leds and place meter 24" directly under the light and see what you get. That should be a good starting point.

Reactions: PK1

Latest posts

Top Bottom