First time growing outdoor need help

• Thread starter helpmegrowbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

helpmegrowbuds

Hey guys this is my very first time growing outdoors. I will tell you everything I'm doing everything I have. I would greatly appreciate some advice along the way.
*soils I'm gonna use has buffers in it to keep ph at needed levels? I'm using a mix.. also have 5 gallon fabric pot and since I'm gonna grow in backyard I was told to get oil as well
And I'm starting my seedling in a jiffy pot(about jiffy pots can I just translate whole jiffy pot in fabric pot or do I take out of jiffy pot.. or should I just put seedling in 5 gallon pot from seed to harvest...
But am I all set for my soil and pots
Please advise if I need anything else or anything I should be doing during process

About need oil I was told not to use oil to prevent pest/bug any other suggestions
That is all I have so far

First time growing outdoor need help
First time growing outdoor need help 2
First time growing outdoor need help 3
First time growing outdoor need help 4
H

helpmegrowbuds

Other question I have sorry if they are dumb...

Is compost tra and fertilizer the same thing?

What is flushing the plant?

organic fertilizer to use is the one I have ok?

Isn't feeding and watering the same thing?

And you said don't go crazy about ph but monitor soil ph correct?

Also can I just use the dirt thats in my backyard..
Ground dirt is clay like located in northeastern

If not how deep should I dig new hole for new soil.
Last thread got polluted with arguments

H

helpmegrowbuds

I will be posting what I will be growing later today plus actually photo of all things I have already

H

helpmegrowbuds

@CannaGranny @TSD
Hey guy I was told you guy are the ones to talk I hope it's OK that I get some help from you guys

mancorn

mancorn

Other question I have sorry if they are dumb...

Is compost tra and fertilizer the same thing?
If you mean tea, then no. Tea is making (reproducing) microorganisms. Fertilizer is food for microorganisms.
What is flushing the plant?

Cleaning out (synthetic) fertilizer after you fuck up. Hopefully you won’t need to do.
organic fertilizer to use is the one I have ok?
Salt based (bottled fertilizer) provide immediate nutrients to your plant. You’re hungry here’s a burger type of situation. With organics you add the ingredients for plant food, but it needs to be converted by microorganisms into plant available nutrients before the plant can use it. So if your have bagged soil it doesn’t contain the microorganisms (like your yard/forest) and your fertilizer just sits in the dirt. Tons of info online. Organics great. But unless you understand the cycle, easier to use synthetics.
Isn't feeding and watering the same thing?

If you use bottled ferts, then yes (kind of). You add the fertilizer to your water (but not always). If you go organic then the fertilizer is in the soil and you’re primarily just adding water.
And you said don't go crazy about ph but monitor soil ph correct?

If you’re in soil you don’t need to stress your water pH. It’s very difficult to alter the *soil* pH. It’s not that the soil pH is meaningless, rather your bagged dirt is going to be in range (6-7) and unless you go crazy, will be OK for your entire grow.
Also can I just use the dirt thats in my backyard..
Ground dirt is clay like located in northeastern

Yes. But if there’s ton of clay you’ll need to amend it. Growing weed is just like growing any other plant in your garden. So follow the standard gardening advice about amending your clay soil. The really good thing about yard soil is that it has the microorganisms that are needed for using organic fertilizer.
If not how deep should I dig new hole for new soil.

1-2’ is fine. There will be some “tap” type roots that go deep (and they’ll do OK in the clay, but most of the roots are no more than a foot deep. So better to go 1’ deep and 3’ wide then 3’ deep and 1’ wide.
Last thread got polluted with arguments
Is this our first time in a forum 😉.

Last edited:
H

helpmegrowbuds

If you mean tea, then no. Tea is making (reproducing) microorganisms. Fertilizer is food for microorganisms.

Cleaning out (synthetic) fertilizer after you fuck up. Hopefully you won’t need to do.

Salt based (bottled fertilizer) provide immediate nutrients to your plant. You’re hungry here’s a burger type of situation. With organics you add the ingredients for plant food, but it needs to be converted by microorganisms into plant available nutrients before the plant can use it. So if your have bagged soil it doesn’t contain the microorganisms (like your yard/forest) and your fertilizer just sits in the dirt. Tons of info online. Organics great. But unless you understand the cycle, easier to use synthetics.

If you use bottled ferts, then yes (kind of). You add the fertilizer to your water (but not always). If you go organic then the fertilizer is in the soil and you’re primarily just adding water.

If you’re in soil you don’t need to stress your water pH. It’s very difficult to alter the *soil* pH. It’s not that the soil pH is meaningless, rather your bagged dirt is going to be in range (6-7) and unless you go crazy, will be OK for your entire grow.

Yes. But if there’s ton of clay you’ll need to amend it. Growing weed is just like growing any other plant in your garden. So follow the standard gardening advice about amending your clay soil. The really good thing about yard soil is that it has the microorganisms that are needed for using organic fertilizer.

1-2’ is fine. There will be some “tap” type roots that go deep (and they’ll do OK in the clay, but most of the roots are no more than a foot deep. So better to go 1’ deep and 3’ wide then 3’ deep and 1’ wide.

Is this our first time in a forum 😉.
Thanks so much can I use compost tea on seedling tho

H

helpmegrowbuds

I'm going to try my first grow with new york auto flower

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
All I know from experience is not to get the oil on the flowers
Guess you could just spray the leaves that’s how it’s supposed to be done anyways. Just saying to keep it away from the buds from experience as it’s not nice tasting.
I use predators indoors bud so I don’t really take in to much about growing outside I have a few cobwebbed ideas but there just that.
Enjoy the grow

H

helpmegrowbuds

The biggest outdoor nemesis is caterpillars in the buds. BTK kills them. You will want to wash outdoor buds when the time comes.
Idk what btk is ill look into that
But what are your suggestions on the nutrients I just posted

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

He bud. I grow exclusively outdoors in real living soil. 100% organic. The truth is that you do not need anything on your list. Nothing.
If you are going to try an auto flower you need to watch a few youtube videos on growing them or your results may be disappointing.

If you want to grow Organically please check out this link. Start with video 1 and watch them all in order to get a grasp of what it means to grow organic. It's not hard to do but it requires a basic understanding of how nature works. All the best. Ron.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/growing-organic-buy-nate-growing-like-a-viking.147687/

H

helpmegrowbuds

Hey guys so I started jeremiating last night and I was wondering? Should I put it by window sill? Oh should I put it in a dark place when no light? I don't have a glow light by the way

Madbud

Madbud

Hey guys so I started jeremiating last night and I was wondering? Should I put it by window sill? Oh should I put it in a dark place when no light? I don't have a glow light by the way
I go direct into solo cups of moist soil, 1/2” deep, covered with a baggie, heated to 80°F. Takes 2-3 days to sprout. Wife does tomatoes on the windowsill, same.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey guys so I started jeremiating last night and I was wondering? Should I put it by window sill? Oh should I put it in a dark place when no light? I don't have a glow light by the way. Soak it for 24 hrs in a glass of water, Then cover with wet wet paper towel. Dark place. Should crack within a day or so. If it's an Auto Flower plant it in big pot don't transplant. After planting outdoors full sun.

Top Bottom