First time growing outdoor need help

• Thread starter helpmegrowbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

helpmegrowbuds

I go direct into solo cups of moist soil, 1/2” deep, covered with a baggie, heated to 80°F. Takes 2-3 days to sprout. Wife does tomatoes on the windowsill, same.
So all you use is baggie and heat no light at all?

H

helpmegrowbuds

Light doesn’t matter til they sprout. Baggie keeps the soil moist, raises humidity for the seedling, softens the shell hinge. Heat and humidity.
I mean once you get tap root out and put in dirt does it need light right after or is dark fine until it pops out of dirt

Madbud

Madbud

I mean once you get tap root out and put in dirt does it need light right after or is dark fine until it pops out of dirt
Leave enough room in the cup to add more soil, an inch, to support the seedling if it stretches. Lots of seeds get sprouted on windowsills but heres a cheap led alternative

H

helpmegrowbuds

I use the paper towel method.

Then put in jiffy pot with a jar over it and place by window with regular light on all day

And the other seed I put in 5 gallon pot after paper towel method and put by a different window with jar over it and they both using regular ceiling light and daylight

My seed broke ground yesterday but I was the root coming out the dirt not the cotylen
Smh I tried to fix it and put back in dirt next time I guess I need to bury deeper

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

I am trying this year.

H

helpmegrowbuds

My seeding in the dome had fell to the side idk what to do but I'm gonna give it more time the one in the pot has a plastic cup over it with a little hole in the top

sirstickyIcky

sirstickyIcky

Hey guys this is my very first time growing outdoors. I will tell you everything I'm doing everything I have. I would greatly appreciate some advice along the way.
*soils I'm gonna use has buffers in it to keep ph at needed levels? I'm using a mix.. also have 5 gallon fabric pot and since I'm gonna grow in backyard I was told to get oil as well
And I'm starting my seedling in a jiffy pot(about jiffy pots can I just translate whole jiffy pot in fabric pot or do I take out of jiffy pot.. or should I just put seedling in 5 gallon pot from seed to harvest...
But am I all set for my soil and pots
Please advise if I need anything else or anything I should be doing during process

About need oil I was told not to use oil to prevent pest/bug any other suggestions
That is all I have so far

Compost is natural fertilizer, composed of organic items, plants food etc, that have been broken down over time by the sun into nutritious soil which you mix with soil that is nutrient deficient. Thus fertilising your plants. So compost is a more natural way to feed your plants by having the nutrients they need available in their soil mix. Compost should always be aged at least one year before use.

Fertilisers comes in Natural \ organic and synthetic forms. Liquid & powder forms. It can be composed of any or many things. You should be careful using and feeding your plants with fertilisers \ nutrients until you know what they are , how they work and why you are using them.

Good soil with good compost is all you need during your vegetative stage. I see what you have chosen and that will work well. Mix your soils well together then mix well with the dirt ( if using hole) you remove from hole. Add some chunky Perlite to mix 20 % to keep the soil from clogging up. If you use a grow bag don’t use dirt from your ground. Next time just buy the ocean forrest, it has everything you need for veg.

* Holes = flower mass is related to root mass. the larger your hole the more flowers you will grow. I use a 4x4 hole when I grow out side. 4ft deep 4 ft wide and 10 ft between plants. That’s how you grow trees. Big deep wide holes!

Flushing is when you only feed a plant water or a saline rinse. It’s done before harvest to remove residual nutrients from plant. This makes the plant / flower healthier for consumption, so you don’t smoke nutrients.

Your soil has all the nutrients you need prior to flower......don't add anything until flower!

Feeding uses nutrients, watering uses only water.

Always watch PH! keep soil, water and nutrient PH between 5.8 and 6.8

If its clay, don't use it _ get a grow bag or huge pot.

I soil is hard clay, you may want to consider using a grow bag instead or large pot instead of going into the ground. Phuc digging in clay!

https://grandgrowsupply.com/product...HipIN5-xN_1eP-_4OeZsydRrkjKKp-VIaAtmjEALw_wcB

Also try to find a maximum exposure to give your plans the most hrs of sun you can.

Don't use that neem oil after you have flowers, it will make a mess of them.

cheers

Last edited:
sirstickyIcky

sirstickyIcky

Compost is natural fertilizer, composed of organic items, plants food etc, that have been broken down over time by the sun into nutritious soil which you mix with soil that is nutrient deficient. Thus fertilising your plants. So compost is a more natural way to feed your plants by having the nutrients they need available in their soil mix. Compost should always be aged at least one year before use.

Fertilisers comes in Natural \ organic and synthetic forms. Liquid & powder forms. It can be composed of any or many things. You should be careful using and feeding your plants with fertilisers \ nutrients until you know what they are , how they work and why you are using them.

Good soil with good compost is all you need during your vegetative stage. I see what you have chosen and that will work well. Mix your soils well together then mix well with the dirt ( if using hole) you remove from hole. Add some chunky Perlite to mix 20 % to keep the soil from clogging up. If you use a grow bag don’t use dirt from your ground. Next time just buy the ocean forrest, it has everything you need for veg.

* Holes = flower mass is related to root mass. the larger your hole the more flowers you will grow. I use a 4x4 hole when I grow out side. 4ft deep 4 ft wide and 10 ft between plants. That’s how you grow trees. Big deep wide holes!

Flushing is when you only feed a plant water or a saline rinse. It’s done before harvest to remove residual nutrients from plant. This makes the plant / flower healthier for consumption, so you don’t smoke nutrients.

Your soil has all the nutrients you need prior to flower......don't add anything until flower!

Feeding uses nutrients, watering uses only water.

Always watch PH! keep soil, water and nutrient PH between 5.8 and 6.8

If its clay, don't use it _ get a grow bag or huge pot.

I soil is hard clay, you may want to consider using a grow bag instead or large pot instead of going into the ground. Phuc digging in clay!

https://grandgrowsupply.com/product...HipIN5-xN_1eP-_4OeZsydRrkjKKp-VIaAtmjEALw_wcB

Also try to find a maximum exposure to give your plans the most hrs of sun you can.

Don't use that neem oil after you have flowers, it will make a mess of them.

cheers
Oh yea, forgot to mention. Since this is outdoor.

*This is how I do it: Find yourself some MATURE chicken shit, fresh would burn plants so used old aged will say on package! & Worm Castings When growing outdoors; ( *aged chicken shit, *worm castings, and *mushroom compost or good compost , perlite ) are the secret.
When mixed into the soil at appropriate levels 05% perlite +05% chicken shit & worm castings +25% mushroom compost 65% good garden soil is ALL you need besides good water, to get you to the flower stage. Flower stage: You should find a (*guano compost tea) to take your buds to next level. I highly recommend this stuff. Budswell Bat guano Tea .....................................

There you go, keys to the kingdom of organic outdoor!
And that's ALL I do! Yields large & Buds are fat and sticky!
cheers

Batg
Last edited:
the rrock

the rrock

I'm going to try my first grow with new york auto flower
it seems like a waste to grow autos outside,unless you are geographically challenged. listen to what izzaudae has to say.let nature take its course which you cant do with an auto(idk ive never grown one but have grown photos successfully in and out since 1975) Also get some bomb genetics or its kinda moot unless your just trying to get experience.Patience is the key to success just let it flow

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

it seems like a waste to grow autos outside,unless you are geographically challenged. listen to what izzaudae has to say.let nature take its course which you cant do with an auto(idk ive never grown one but have grown photos successfully in and out since 1975) Also get some bomb genetics or its kinda moot unless your just trying to get experience.Patience is the key to success just let it flow
Here in the north autoflower's have their place. Autoflower's and fast versions will finish. I am outside of Detroit and I can and will snow in October hell it just snowed Monday. Our outdoor season is short and for me we start flower as early last week of August. October it gets cold 🥶 and wet your watching for frost. That gets stressful 😫 🤣 that's when I found autoflower's. I discovered that you can cross a photo period and a autoflower🤔 they call it a fast version. I call it my answer😏 so I made a cross myself by reversing a photo. I pollinated 2 buds as a experiment. I grew out 2 outside. They were a good 4ft tall good healthy yield. The next year I grew 2 and I actually tried to top 1 and clone the other. It actually cloned but the clone was about 3/4 the size of the mother. Still it finished also 😉

H

helpmegrowbuds

It is suffering from one of the worst maladies a pot plant can have! Grower impatience!😁
🤣 Impatient is a Understatement. I realize that I'm just so excited to do this and see some results. But what did I do wrong? I don't know besides the overwatering maybe that the other guy said

sirstickyIcky

sirstickyIcky

Oh yea, forgot to mention. Since this is outdoor.

*This is how I do it: Find yourself some MATURE chicken shit, fresh would burn plants so used old aged will say on package! & Worm Castings When growing outdoors; ( *aged chicken shit, *worm castings, and *mushroom compost or good compost , perlite ) are the secret.
When mixed into the soil at appropriate levels 05% perlite +05% chicken shit & worm castings +25% mushroom compost 65% good garden soil is ALL you need besides good water, to get you to the flower stage. Flower stage: You should find a (*guano compost tea) to take your buds to next level. I highly recommend this stuff. Budswell Bat guano Tea .....................................

There you go, keys to the kingdom of organic outdoor!
And that's ALL I do! Yields large & Buds are fat and sticky!
cheers

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
🤣 Impatient is a Understatement. I realize that I'm just so excited to do this and see some results. But what did I do wrong? I don't know besides the overwatering maybe that the other guy said
Give it time to Greenup. Then be stingy with the water. They recover from being underwater a hell of a lot faster than being overwatered.

Top Bottom