First Time Growing

• Thread starter NewBud18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NewBud18

Hello all

As the title says im a first time grower ... still waiting on equipment to arrive to get my first grow started.

Hoping to learn as much as i can .. thank you for looking.

Zazzy 4X4X78 Tent

Cloudline Pro S6 Quiet Inline Duck Fan System

Refillable Carbon Filter Kit

Cloudray S6 Grow Tent Clip Fan 6"

AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro +

3cats

3cats

Hello all

As the title says im a first time grower ... still waiting on equipment to arrive to get my first grow started.

Hoping to learn as much as i can .. thank you for looking.

Zazzy 4X4X78 Tent

Cloudline Pro S6 Quiet Inline Duck Fan System

Refillable Carbon Filter Kit

Cloudray S6 Grow Tent Clip Fan 6"

AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro +
Nice stuff, I wouldn't use that light on sprouts or young plants and have it set at 20% when you do put plants under it to start them off at maybe 36" away. it can be a lot of light on young plants. You may also want to look into using Epsom salts for the Magnesium they'll need at about 1 tbs/gal with your regular feed once they're established with a full root system

Pilted

Pilted

When deciding on where to put it, make sure you think about temperature and humidity. I started mine in the basement a little too cold, moved to the second floor a little to hot, moved to the first floor that was just about right. Central heating and air can be adjusted for all three locations, but cheapest option was the first floor. I would get some temp humidity gauges and place them in different areas of the house before you decide where to put them.

Pilted

Pilted

I agree that's a lot of light, will be very easy to give them too much light with that setup. Just keep an eye on that. Make sure you start out with a good soil, soilless, hydro, media and read up on how and what to do with that media.

Nutrients and feeding the plant is going to be the biggest obstacle to learn so read read and the read more about the media you plan on using and nutrient schedule for that media. The more you know in that area the better.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
@NewBud18 - Welcome to the farm! You're off to a great start.

Have you decided what type of growing you'll be doing? By that I mean, will you use soil or one of the alternatives? Much of the future advice and learning you'll need will depend on your growing style.

I agree with @ArtfulCodger. That's a powerful light. LED lights can be surprisingly powerful. Start at low power and gradually increase it as the plants mature. Along the way, observe how well the plants respond to the light intensity.

N

NewBud18

What nutrients, soil, and plant strain are you planning on starting with?
Still deciding on all of that ... i do have a few seed from an outdoor grow that a friend had done ... no idea of the strain

N

NewBud18

@NewBud18 - Welcome to the farm! You're off to a great start.

Have you decided what type of growing you'll be doing? By that I mean, will you use soil or one of the alternatives? Much of the future advice and learning you'll need will depend on your growing style.

I agree with @ArtfulCodger. That's a powerful light. LED lights can be surprisingly powerful. Start at low power and gradually increase it as the plants mature. Along the way, observe how well the plants respond to the light intensity.
Will be using soil .. i have a friend that grows indoors and uses the same light so ill be sure to get recommendations from him.

N

NewBud18

When deciding on where to put it, make sure you think about temperature and humidity. I started mine in the basement a little too cold, moved to the second floor a little to hot, moved to the first floor that was just about right. Central heating and air can be adjusted for all three locations, but cheapest option was the first floor. I would get some temp humidity gauges and place them in different areas of the house before you decide where to put them.
Im in a second floor apartment so i will have to do some trials to see where the temperature and humidity are.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Will be using soil .. i have a friend that grows indoors and uses the same light so ill be sure to get recommendations from him.
Next question: Will you be using organic or synthetic nutrients?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Still deciding on all of that ... i do have a few seed from an outdoor grow that a friend had done ... no idea of the strain
A practice grow is a great idea. It takes a few grows to fully understand how this is done. After that, it still seems like there's more to learn or new things to try. Going from seed to cured bud in jars can be a long and fascinating process.

N

NewBud18

A practice grow is a great idea. It takes a few grows to fully understand how this is done. After that, it still seems like there's more to learn or new things to try. Going from seed to cured bud in jars can be a long and fascinating process.
Looking forward to it

Pilted

Pilted

I use promix it's a soilless media mainly peet moss, I won't be much help in a soil media. Lots of people can help you here in soil though. Just make sure when listening to advice or asking questions that it's known your in soil and what type of soil. Some people accidently give bad advice because they are using a different media they have good intentions but the differences in the media makes a huge difference when looking for the right help. Good luck looks forward to seeing your grows.

Also another note first few grows will be a learning experience, most likely there will be mistakes made along the way. It happens to most growers at the begining, plants are strong and hard to kill, make it to harvest a couple times and you should have a handle on it.

Pilted

Pilted

Let.me.drop a little eye candy for ya.
IMG 20231204 113933927

IMG 20231204 145012944

IMG 20231204 180122798

IMG 20231205 101745138

She a strait beast breaking out that shell. 😂🤣😂🤣😎

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Welcome to the forum. You have a hung shell. You need to remove it today, be very gentle but get it off.

Pilted

Pilted

Welcome to the forum. You have a hung shell. You need to remove it today, be very gentle but get it off.
She just came up late last night, if it's not off a little later today I will pull it off. I think she got it though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom