First time! how am I doin?

• Thread starter LouieV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LouieV

LouieV

So I put these in my tent on 5/10/20 and 5/20 ish I’ve been having some high temp issues but I think things are going well. Any tips or advise would be great.

First time  how am i doin
First time  how am i doin 2
LouieV

LouieV

Here are more pics. The first two are of the the same plant. 3 total. The bigger older leaves seem to be dying. Is that normal?

3B70684F 5B55 4413 A57F 06A71AB37A8C
BB3BF88B 531F 42B3 A441 95F9AF747500
1870BF9C 98CA 4B4C A16B F2CE6730BC7A
45C343ED C584 43C9 9E8D FA8A4CB51C2F
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Welcome man.
so yes it will be normal for some of the older Leaves to slowly yellow and die off, you will notice this in the Lower leaves primarily.
what you got going on there (In the first picture) is not normal though. you notice the drooping and pointing leaves. This can be an indication of a few things, but in your case It looks to me as though your over watering the one.
theyer gettitn big, you might want to transplant out of the solo cup.

LouieV

LouieV

Ok guys so they are not looking great. I transferred the two out of cups today but I’m not sure how much to water them at this point. I’m including pics I took today.
Thanks.

8EABFF17 E1C8 4523 9103 6B0FC61364F7
8B22ACEB D49F 4971 8C61 C70CDB6E5994
26651E84 2D9B 4672 BF1D 6EA115696864
87C3E3E5 271D 4B84 BFCE 44AB234327E2
LouieV

LouieV

Hey Louie , do those totes have drain holes in the bottom ?
Hey Louie , do those totes have drain holes in the
[/QUOTE

I have 4 holes in each tote about 1.5 inches from the bottom equally spaced. I have been having highs heat and low humidity issues

LouieV

LouieV

Welcome to the farm @LouieV Looks like you have found some good help already your in good hands

Thanks I guess I should mention I have a 4ft tent with a 400w hps grow light on 100%. I’ve put a couple cups of water in the tent hoping to get the humidity up. So far you guys have been great I really appreciate it. Thanks.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I'm guessing a soil mix? Quick hits; don't over water. Lift the pots, daily. Get to know their weight. Dig a finger in the side of the pot to check moisture. Over watering is a very common problem. Roots need oxygen and will drown if always too wet. Go easy on nutes. Seedlings are good to go for 7-10 days and then only need a very mild/diluted nute mix. Over fertilizing is almost as bad as over watering, almost. Go easy on fertilizer.

But more important then most anything else is patience. Let 'em grow, leave 'em alone. Sing to 'em, take pictures, tell 'em how you feel about 'em. Play classical music for 'em, just don't mess with 'em, honest. Less is better. All you need to do is allow them to do what they do by providing them their necessities. That's it, the key if you will. Give them what they need and enjoy the grow.

Nothing like growing your own. Nothing.

Look around this site. See what others are doing. Ask 'em how they're doing it. Happy to share. This can be easy or we can over think it or worse, over do it.

Most of us here want you to grow the best you can.

LouieV

LouieV

The green pot plant is fried , the blue one is is not .... What did you do differently to the green one ? Is it a different strain ?

All three plants are golden lemons. The fried one in the green tote was transferred about a week ago and I don’t think I was watering it properly for the tote size. The other two were taken out of solo cups today. Thanks.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Drill holes all in the sides and bottom of those pots. Excess water has to drain. When the soil starts to feel barely moist when you poke your finger then wait another day. If your using bag soil it usually has some nutes in it and you can just run ph water till you up pot again unless your gonna flip in those pots. Then just wait couple weeks with runnin ph water before starting nutes at 1/4 to1/2 strength of your nute bottles recommended dose.

^^^This is basic info someone else may have a better answer to your problem^^^

Other than that id pull them ugly top fan leaves off the top when you get done looking at them 🤣

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I have an in-line fan hooked to a vent but it’s mounted in the tent.
Ok what you need to do is this get a 3” tube I use a cleaned old nutes bottle cut top n bottom off get some black stocking or shirt material to cover over the top n bottom of the tube with the material , open up one or the round holes in bottom holes one at the front of tent , stick the covered tube through the hole leaving the tube in and pull the string ties and holds the tube in make sure it’s tight and light prof do up the zips up in tent exhaust fan will suck the air in through the tube . Here’s one I did for my led tent hope it helps .

852B3E90 FCB0 4EF6 A520 AE6049C012EA
E52203B3 0929 43B0 9E3A B23BF1B5EB1A
EA90E8D4 14D5 4B38 9E40 C3F70EC1FCA2
Top Bottom