FIRST TIME HYDRO GROWER - all advice welcome. Started germination last week

• Thread starter citygrower18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
citygrower18

citygrower18

citygrower18

citygrower18

B Plant much much much better roots, A plant roots looking about 3-4 days slower than plant B. Plant B also has bigger and more developed leaves
B plant is on the left, A on the right.

The only thing I am getting curious about is the water level, it doesnt seem to be dropping at all.
The water temp is getting high? what should it ideally be? I can lower AC but it will lower the tent Temp to below 80 probably

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

B Plant much much much better roots, A plant roots looking about 3-4 days slower than plant B. Plant B also has bigger and more developed leaves

The only thing I am getting curious about is the water level, it doesnt seem to be dropping at all.
The water temp is getting high? what should it ideally be? I can lower AC but it will lower the tent Temp to below 80 probably
They are to small yet to really uptake much water or nutrients

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Water temp imo ideally 72-74f.

citygrower18

citygrower18

Got ya, I've definitely been running a little hot, and now the leaves are starting to curl and on plant B there is weird mark on a leaf

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
Your perfect man. Even 320 is close enough.

It's not air temps that matter, leaf temps do. If I remember right you are led correct? 80f is likely almost perfect for good leaf temps. I run my room at 84f ish. Humidity is also important. If ya feel like a good read on how temps and humidity affect your grow and want to calculate VPD I made a thread here.

Make another post for the water changes and such in a sec.
Finally understanding vpd got me like 4 feet~ in a month . Just explosive growth. Absolutely crazy .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

curling caused by too much water?
I was also think I since my water levels havent really been dropping and my roots on plant B are getting huge, I should lower that anyway
1" below the net pot. That's for soil. You can't drown a plant. It's lack of o2 that creates what ppl call overwatering. Thats how we grow roots completely submerged. By keeping o2 concentration good. With res temps of over 80f you can start to see some of these effects. The higher the water temp the lower the saturation point for oxygen. With temps of 72-74f I have never seen it even at 77f with good aeration. 80f might be pushing it.

citygrower18

citygrower18

Got the temperature down and going to remove a little water since the roots have grown quite a bit

Latest posts

Top Bottom