FIRST TIME HYDRO GROWER - all advice welcome. Started germination last week

• Thread starter citygrower18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
citygrower18

citygrower18

1-humidity seems to be getting high, average 71-72 last couple get some water build up on a couple leaves. thinking a dehumidifier or DampRid Fragrance Free Refillable Moisture Absorber. I know it needs to start getting lower by now.

2-Ph seems to be more balanced, started getting a bit high so had to add Ph down, still not at 5.6 but down to 5.8 by now

3*- what can I expect the first 3-4 days when I switch to bloom? I wanted to flip in next 24-36 hours but am going away camping for 3 days weekend? Plant is getting big for my tent so want to do sooner than later unless I really to be around first 3-4 days to monitor for gender which is still uncertain and help through scrog or watch for anything else I am not aware of.

4* I have been running lights 24/7 since day one, should I go straight to 12-12 or any other thoughts? Do I need to adjust height?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

1-humidity seems to be getting high, average 71-72 last couple get some water build up on a couple leaves. thinking a dehumidifier or DampRid Fragrance Free Refillable Moisture Absorber. I know it needs to start getting lower by now.

2-Ph seems to be more balanced, started getting a bit high so had to add Ph down, still not at 5.6 but down to 5.8 by now

3*- what can I expect the first 3-4 days when I switch to bloom? I wanted to flip in next 24-36 hours but am going away camping for 3 days weekend? Plant is getting big for my tent so want to do sooner than later unless I really to be around first 3-4 days to monitor for gender which is still uncertain and help through scrog or watch for anything else I am not aware of.

4* I have been running lights 24/7 since day one, should I go straight to 12-12 or any other thoughts? Do I need to adjust height?
Your gonna need a way to control humidity. Thats going to be very important.

Imo 24-36 hr dark period then 12/12 but going straight 12/12 is also fine.

Lights I would run about 40-45k lux and then creep up as the plants handle it.

citygrower18

citygrower18

Your gonna need a way to control humidity. Thats going to be very important.

Imo 24-36 hr dark period then 12/12 but going straight 12/12 is also fine.

Lights I would run about 40-45k lux and then creep up as the plants handle it.

is lux the same as mol?

do I need to separate my plants right away after 24hour dark period in case either is male, or will I be able to tell before they can pollenate?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

is lux the same as mol?

do I need to separate my plants right away after 24hour dark period in case either is male, or will I be able to tell before they can pollenate?
No it's not the same.

If you pay attention you will easily be able to tell before there are potential issues.

citygrower18

citygrower18

so still having major Ph balance issue, same as before. Went away for 3 nights, PPM/EC isnt going down, and slighty up now. Ph went from about 5.9 to 4.4ish.. thinking about waiting a day to adjust before 24 hour black out but need to flip asap before running out of tent space

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Check your roots for any rot not just brown roots I had major ph fluctuations until I noticed what looked like a clear snot like substance on my roots. Check the roots good. I sprayed 3% h202 directly onto my roots then added some enzyme complete the next couple times I topped up to finally get rid of the slime and my ph fluctuations

citygrower18

citygrower18

Check your roots for any rot not just brown roots I had major ph fluctuations until I noticed what looked like a clear snot like substance on my roots. Check the roots good. I sprayed 3% h202 directly onto my roots then added some enzyme complete the next couple times I topped up to finally get rid of the slime and my ph fluctuations
Thanks, I think this is the case. I will check my roots here shortly but I’ve definitely seen and felt some slime/sludge but haven’t seen anything that looks like root rot or brownage

citygrower18

citygrower18

so 3% h202, that is hydrogen peroxide, I need special grow h202 I am assuming? can't just use first aid hydrogen peroxide solution?

Also what did you use for enzyme?

Any suggestions for these that I can get on amazon quickly?

really want to flip today into dark period then bloom tomorrow

citygrower18

citygrower18

2085A486 0009 4E96 9AF3 12DBADCEE3CC
27F3BFE6 50A4 44C2 A1DE E8710F181EB9
76C8C14C E4D5 4470 94DC 2C1646925D4B
Just took these photos, doesn’t look like rot to me, and don’t feel much slime

only other thing I think of is my air pump might not be strong enough with the big roots

citygrower18

citygrower18

@Aqua Man
Going to black out today, question about the scrog and my tallest leaves in the back right corner, if I am worried those will get too tall should I still bend them under the scrog or tie them down? if so should I wait a few days until after flip?

also I think Im going to go ahead with the flip before I do anything to the roots, difficult to spray the roots at this point with scrog up but might be necessary i just dont know what to do at this point but need to flip bc of time and space.
ive fed the plants yesterday and got the ph back up to about 5.9 but I feel they will continue to drop

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man
Going to black out today, question about the scrog and my tallest leaves in the back right corner, if I am worried those will get too tall should I still bend them under the scrog or tie them down? if so should I wait a few days until after flip?

also I think Im going to go ahead with the flip before I do anything to the roots, difficult to spray the roots at this point with scrog up but might be necessary i just dont know what to do at this point but need to flip bc of time and space.
ive fed the plants yesterday and got the ph back up to about 5.9 but I feel they will continue to drop
Yeah bend those under the screen... Bend everything binder until 1 week after flip.

citygrower18

citygrower18

If you are using hydrogaurd don't use any h2o2 it will kill all your beneficial bacteria. Never mix h2o2 and a live system unless you want a world of problems.
Not using hydroguard, still only using flora-series and ph up/down.
Plan is still to bend and flip today, add dehumidifier, trim/lollipop a final couple spots, keep ph balanced with up/down, and going about 30 hours black out and 12-12 starting tomorrow night

If anything else I should add to water beside my floraseries nutrients or h202 (which I’m not at this point) please LMK
Like carbonate and bicarbonate sources to create a buffer and stable pH.

Trying to figure out what exactly to buy for this matter, looking at some of your other posts, potassium bicarbonate?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not using hydroguard, still only using flora-series and ph up/down.
Plan is still to bend and flip today, add dehumidifier, trim/lollipop a final couple spots, keep ph balanced with up/down, and going about 30 hours black out and 12-12 starting tomorrow night

If anything else I should add to water beside my floraseries nutrients or h202 (which I’m not at this point) please LMK

Trying to figure out what exactly to buy for this matter, looking at some of your other posts, potassium bicarbonate?
Yeah that will work also. If not using any beneficial bacteria you must run h2o2 or bleach/poolshock or you will 99% run into root issues and that's what you might being seeing

citygrower18

citygrower18

Yeah that will work also. If not using any beneficial bacteria you must run h2o2 or bleach/poolshock or you will 99% run into root issues and that's what you might being seeing

ok can you help me sort out what is best to use and how to use it, as I am starting to get a little lost.

Carbonate or bicarbonate or something similar, h202, hydroguard, bleach/poolshock?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ok can you help me sort out what is best to use and how to use it, as I am starting to get a little lost.

Carbonate or bicarbonate or something similar, h202, hydroguard, bleach/poolshock?
It's a bit late to figure this out. I run a live system so you need to decide whether you want to run sterile or live... You can't run both but you need to run one because otherwise you 99% likely to end up with root rot

citygrower18

citygrower18

It's a bit late to figure this out. I run a live system so you need to decide whether you want to run sterile or live... You can't run both but you need to run one because otherwise you 99% likely to end up with root rot

this is something I know nothing about and haven't been aware of until now... I guess whatever is easiest?

citygrower18

citygrower18

i just tucked a lot of branches on the scrog, is it awful if I flip to dark now for 24 hours before starting 12-12

Top Bottom