First time indoor grow

• Thread starter SyLane0988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SyLane0988

SyLane0988

This morning I noticed some “clawing” leaf tips 😳 I’m wondering if it’s from too much nutrients since I went a little heavy this week. Or if it’s a sign I should switch over the the flowering nutrients now that I’m already seeing pistils? I’m going to water heavy with plain ph’d water next watering and then switch to Tiger Bloom nutrients after.
686524F6-23C9-45F7-BA01-47E3DF6C3972.jpeg
6299C52A-C52C-4D8E-B166-99D894D8232C.jpeg

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It looks pretty mild but that means too much nitrogen. Since it's early flower, your plants are about to take off and they're going to start to need a lot more nutrients so I think that'll be fine untreated. If you want to be safe you can give them less though.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

It looks pretty mild but that means too much nitrogen. Since it's early flower, your plants are about to take off and they're going to start to need a lot more nutrients so I think that'll be fine untreated. If you want to be safe you can give them less though.
Awesome, thank you! It definitely looks to be too much nitrogen so I will back off on those nutes now and start the bloom after a plain watering

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Heavy watering with plain ph’d water this morning to help with the high levels of nitrogen. I’ll be switching to flowering nutrients and watering with that every other feeding up until I flush her before harvest.
B85CB9ED-0A73-4697-B8FC-CBCFD58D6336.jpeg

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

She’s in the beginning of week 4 now! Finishing up any training this week and prepping for flowering coming up. I’ll be introducing flowering nutrients, does anyone recommend feeding half bloom nutrients and half flowering nutrients before moving to strictly flowering nutrients? I’ve done some reading that suggested that but I’m also worried about the nitrogen still being high and don’t want to cause any damage by upping the nitrogen even more 😬 Any suggestions? Here’s some current pics from this morning:
9B45F0E0-82C4-47C6-B58B-1DEB50283454.jpeg
A9E6DF4A-0EED-4C19-9250-1EB276B0B505.jpeg
F7D96319-8218-4B88-8EC0-6684510932FC.jpeg

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
In general, don't cut nitrogen too early imo....i would not increase it from here but i would not dramatically cut it either.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

In general, don't cut nitrogen too early imo....i would not increase it from here but i would not dramatically cut it either.
Would you suggest doing half and half of the vegetative and flowering nutrients or go right to the flowering nutrients?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Would you suggest doing half and half of the vegetative and flowering nutrients or go right to the flowering nutrients?
Definitely half and half...let the plant tell you if it's good with nitrogen over the next few weeks imo....especially with critical, who is pretty hungry iirc.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Day 32:

It’s been a struggle trying to get the canopy even. Might take a few grows before I master that haha. But I think the LST is still paying off compared to if I would have just let her grow naturally. Leaf tucking has also really helped with the lower growth taking off 👌🏻
9F99B99B-9921-42FF-AE2A-8A511BC66988.jpeg
04AEBF07-4990-4595-A637-EC2DF124EC29.jpeg

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Day 32:

It’s been a struggle trying to get the canopy even. Might take a few grows before I master that haha. But I think the LST is still paying off compared to if I would have just let her grow naturally. Leaf tucking has also really helped with the lower growth taking off 👌🏻 View attachment 1076458 View attachment 1076459
Try tucking the fan leaves to get more light to the branch tops if you want another option for evening things out a bit. She wants to put on a monster cola in the middle, total opposite of your last plant, so i wouldn't expect crazy branching, but it can definitely make a difference.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Thank you! I’ve been doing the leaf tucking and it’s been a big help. Something I didn’t really do the first grow because I was worried about damaging the plant, but even slightly bending the stems have helped strengthen them and is helping the light reach the lower branches as well 👌🏻

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Day 33:
Did some minor pruning on the bottom in the morning and a few hours later the rest of the plant really perked up 👌🏻 Adjusted my LST and did more leaf tucking. I usually re-tuck leaves throughout the day as she grows and adjusts throughout the day. I have the 3 LED strip lights propped up so that the lower sections of the plant are getting a little more light. I’ve been experimenting/moving them around throughout the grow and feel they have helped the plant gain some growth in the areas that normally would have been heavily shaded. Just my opinion though haha.
D1350FB8-9710-4810-B7EF-70F28963CD19.jpeg
2360D621-6B37-4D6A-9D5E-71EF3A94D4E6.jpeg

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Day 33:
Did some minor pruning on the bottom in the morning and a few hours later the rest of the plant really perked up 👌🏻 Adjusted my LST and did more leaf tucking. I usually re-tuck leaves throughout the day as she grows and adjusts throughout the day. I have the 3 LED strip lights propped up so that the lower sections of the plant are getting a little more light. I’ve been experimenting/moving them around throughout the grow and feel they have helped the plant gain some growth in the areas that normally would have been heavily shaded. Just my opinion though haha. View attachment 1076890 View attachment 1076891
They want that light! Keep going with the tucking imo! The tops are more important than the fans in my opinion.

And i think what you are doing with additional light is smart.

Top Bottom