First time indoor grow

• Thread starter SyLane0988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I think she looks quite good. The stems look to be thickening up a bit in anticipation of the bud weight, no?
Btw I would just ease up a little bit more on something else if you introduced tiger bloom. In general she looks good and the nute balance at this stage can be tricky as she settles fully into bloom production.

So like as a test take whatever else you have going w tiger bloom and cut one of those in half dosage wise and see what she looks like. But again, this part is inherently unstable as she goes fully into bloom and I think you're doing well.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Btw I would just ease up a little bit more on something else if you introduced tiger bloom. In general she looks good and the nute balance at this stage can be tricky as she settles fully into bloom production.

So like as a test take whatever else you have going w tiger bloom and cut one of those in half dosage wise and see what she looks like. But again, this part is inherently unstable as she goes fully into bloom and I think you're doing well.
Thank you, I appreciate that. Right now I’m just using the tiger bloom. I was half grow and half bloom at first but now that she’s 4 weeks in flower I stopped and just kept with the tiger bloom, half strength. So maybe shocked her too much at first?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thank you, I appreciate that. Right now I’m just using the tiger bloom. I was half grow and half bloom at first but now that she’s 4 weeks in flower I stopped and just kept with the tiger bloom, half strength. So maybe shocked her too much at first?
Maybe try three quarters bloom and one quarter grow? I mean lower growth dying is not a huge deal but you do not want it spreading up too much. Again, this is all normal lol. You will know you should stop giving her grow if her leaves start getting super dark or you see the nitrogen claw. Toward the end you will almost certainly back off but maybe she still wants a bit more.

Every plant is a little different lol.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Maybe try three quarters bloom and one quarter grow? I mean lower growth dying is not a huge deal but you do not want it spreading up too much. Again, this is all normal lol. You will know you should stop giving her grow if her leaves start getting super dark or you see the nitrogen claw. Toward the end you will almost certainly back off but maybe she still wants a bit more.

Every plant is a little different lol.
I noticed today that the top leave tips are now burned and clawing so I’m guessing I should probably stop the nuts for now 😬 Otherwise. These are my three fav colas so far!
C9D66C54 3C75 41F0 B96D FC9ECA502ACD
8AA9E8CF B55F 4220 8152 D14C46B2D571
C4DF9F64 709D 47C0 9DCE B6F9D7E32A11

Tornadohunting420

Tornadohunting420

Today is 4 weeks in flower. The buds seem to be thickening nicely so far. I’m not seeing any major issues so far, but am still seeing some of the lower level leaves dying and falling off and a lot of the tips are burned. Which some of it is old damage but I’m noticing it more up on the top part of the plant as well. I did introduce tiger bloom nuts a week ago, made sure PH was good after nuts were added, and still only watered at half strength. The second watering was with plain ph’d water and third watering today was half with nuts and half with plain water. Not sure if this is normal as the plant is putting a lot more energy into making buds. I’m not seeing any damage or signs of concerns around the buds themselves so I’m hoping that’s a good sign. I know they are a lot more finicky in the flower stage so hopefully I’m catching any issues right away.
Side note: my temp was getting too warm, around 80-84 and my humidity was too high, around 50-60% so I lowered my humidity to 30-35% and am still trying to get the temp down below 80 while the lights are on.[View attachment 1027714View attachment 1027715View attachment 1027716View attachment 1027718
U can put a fan blowing across the top of the plant to keep it a bit cooler just don't blast it full blast just a low breeze is good.

Tornadohunting420

Tornadohunting420

Artic air sold at walmart look online a little personal cooler. Not an a.c but it does blow very cool air just add water . That will drop your temp a couple degrees at least.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

I won’t be watering with any nutrients going forward. Even at quarter strength, I’m seeing more and more nut burn after each watering 😕 ph is on point with watering and on point when I check runoff. All I can think is it’s the nutrients. But tomorrow is 5 weeks in flower and she keeps looking more and more pretty so I’m just letting her do her thing again ✌🏻
AFAC1607 3EB6 47A9 AB9B 53F0C781801A

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I won’t be watering with any nutrients going forward. Even at quarter strength, I’m seeing more and more nut burn after each watering 😕 ph is on point with watering and on point when I check runoff. All I can think is it’s the nutrients. But tomorrow is 5 weeks in flower and she keeps looking more and more pretty so I’m just letting her do her thing again ✌🏻View attachment 1030626
You can try doing a soil slurry test if you want. But I think going just water for now is smart. I anticipate you will want to resume nutes in a bit. But yes, this is picking nits. She looks great!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
You can try doing a soil slurry test if you want. But I think going just water for now is smart. I anticipate you will want to resume nutes in a bit. But yes, this is picking nits. She looks great!
Btw, have you tried a stem rub to see what she smells like? Just use clean hands to rub a bit of the stem and smell. By now you'll likely get something!

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Thank you for the encouragement 😅 I keep feeling like I’m either doing too much or not enough so doing plain water for now will hopefully calm down the damage to the leaf tips that are burning and curling more and more. Like I did, pH has been great with what I use to water and the runoff so that’s all I can think of is the nuts. I was even able to get the temp down in the space to 77-79. Humidity is still lower to help reduce any mold or anything.
I haven done a stem test yet but I’m about to now haha.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Btw, have you tried a stem rub to see what she smells like? Just use clean hands to rub a bit of the stem and smell. By now you'll likely get something!
So I did the stem rub test and can definitely smell something but not sure what I’m looking for haha. Slight marijuana smell but mostly just that “plant” smell

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So I did the stem rub test and can definitely smell something but not sure what I’m looking for haha. Slight marijuana smell but mostly just that “plant” smell
Okay, you'll know. That marijuana smell will get way stronger over the next ten days is my bet.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

5 weeks in flower:
Still trying to keep the temp under 80 in the space, really thinking that’s what is causing damage to my leaves and propelling the burned tips. After reading some more, my humidity was too low so I bumped it back up between 40-50%. It was about 30-33% previously. My leaves were looking a little dry and brittle so hopefully upping the humidity helps with that. I added a second fan to hopefully help with heat and air flow. And still continuing to water with plain pH’d water for now until I see no more nut burn. I feel like I’m getting so close to harvest and hate to see these issues during this stage when the plant is a lot more finicky :/ but hopefully all of this can be fixed and she makes it to harvest!
45B25B8A D668 4A83 94A9 9C7BB1EF15D3
D9F72A87 E39F 476E B058 0827EF76A49B
0B7A7B38 CCF3 4FC9 9D5B C6BA22AADA0E
26E249E6 BEEE 46C9 BAEE B3964A7BA718
A5597C62 B66B 4E13 973B 539341751B33
218DDC18 CB63 48E9 9302 292EB2A0CEB4

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
She's making it to harvest. You're doing great. I have to imagine she is drinking a ton now. Do you think she is getting enough water? If her leaves are brittle it tells me the plant is having a hard time transpiring enough to keep them supple. They should bounce back a good bit with more humidity and water.

Top Bottom