First time indoor grow

• Thread starter SyLane0988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SyLane0988

SyLane0988

She's making it to harvest. You're doing great. I have to imagine she is drinking a ton now. Do you think she is getting enough water? If her leaves are brittle it tells me the plant is having a hard time transpiring enough to keep them supple. They should bounce back a good bit with more humidity and water.
Thank you 🙏 much appreciated. She wants water about every 2 days but she might be wanting more as you said. Along with that and the humidity I’m hoping she bounces back as well!

Tornadohunting420

Tornadohunting420

Thank you 🙏 much appreciated. She wants water about every 2 days but she might be wanting more as you said. Along with that and the humidity I’m hoping she bounces back as well!
2 days ? Your not giving her enough then . I usually water mine every 5 days or so in flower.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

She's making it to harvest. You're doing great. I have to imagine she is drinking a ton now. Do you think she is getting enough water? If her leaves are brittle it tells me the plant is having a hard time transpiring enough to keep them supple. They should bounce back a good bit with more humidity and water.
2 days ? Your not giving her enough then . I usually water mine every 5 days or so in flower.
i do the knuckle test every time and make sure she’s dry up the first knuckle, should I be giving her more even if her soil is still wet?

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

It's to runoff. Yeah, smallish pot given the size of the plant, but look at the plant. Things are going fine.
Yeah I water to runoff every time. I will try giving more water but also don’t want to over water

Tornadohunting420

Tornadohunting420

i do the knuckle test every time and make sure she’s dry up the first knuckle, should I be giving her more even if her soil is still wet?
Not if the soil is still wet. You want it to get dry first not totally bone dry but it needs a little drying period. I can tell when mine need it just from lifting the pots n the weight. U can also get 1 of those soil meters u stick in and it tells u if it needs watering of not. Roots could still be wet n could cause issues as well.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Not if the soil is still wet. You want it to get dry first not totally bone dry but it needs a little drying period. I can tell when mine need it just from lifting the pots n the weight. U can also get 1 of those soil meters u stick in and it tells u if it needs watering of not. Roots could still be wet n could cause issues as well.
Ok, that’s definitely what I’ve been doing then. I think it’s more the humidity than watering because I never let her get too dry.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

So the last two waterings, one on 9/14 and then 9/17 (yesterday) were plain, no nuts and ph range of 6.0. Yet I feel like the burned tips are only getting worse. I’m noticing more on the small bud leaves now :/ The few days I’ve been able to keep the temp around 76 and humidity between 40-50%. Not sure if I’m doing something else wrong 🤔
8D41F8D3 2D47 46F7 806F 3BB1332D35A2
0AF04F76 A258 48F1 A1AE DECE3D7BD012

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

See any bugs? Under the leaves perhaps? Just spitballing here, I don't know offhand.
Not that I saw when I did a quick check but I will do a better investigation for sure. It’s only a few leaves so that’s why I wasn’t sure either. But one of them had what look like a small spider web on it?

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Found a lot more spotted leaves like this this morning and some more webbing. Although I’m not finding a ton of evidence underneath the leaves, I did find a couple that looked like it might have eggs on it or the mites themselves, it’s hard to tell with how small they are. But it’s definitely spreading so I’m gonna have to take care of it asap. Everything I’m reading is saying because I’m so late in flowering, chemicals can really hurt the plant or the bud so to try isopropyl alcohol mixed with water and Spray the leaves including underneath, trying to avoid the buds themselves. Does anyone know if this is a good solution or could this damage my plant even more? Not sure what to do. Neem oil was my go to but I don’t want it to affect the outcome being this close to harvest.
ALSO, although I have been watering (last 3 waterings) with plain ph’d water (no nuts), I’m still seeing an increase in the burned tips. Even the little sugar leaves on the buds are starting to show burned tips that are getting worse. I’m stumped. I went light with the nuts when I first introduced, stopped when it seems like the nuts were burning the plant, and even without nuts I’m still seeing more and more burning. Temp has been between 74-78 and humidity between 40-50 for the last week and a half after getting temp under control.
8CE7891E 556E 4ADB 8431 861354729880
F8796623 581B 4A0F 9FB2 7BD4BC3E7C76
52852645 C9B7 4069 9D3A 6663D2544611

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Found a lot more spotted leaves like this this morning and some more webbing. Although I’m not finding a ton of evidence underneath the leaves, I did find a couple that looked like it might have eggs on it or the mites themselves, it’s hard to tell with how small they are. But it’s definitely spreading so I’m gonna have to take care of it asap. Everything I’m reading is saying because I’m so late in flowering, chemicals can really hurt the plant or the bud so to try isopropyl alcohol mixed with water and Spray the leaves including underneath, trying to avoid the buds themselves. Does anyone know if this is a good solution or could this damage my plant even more? Not sure what to do. Neem oil was my go to but I don’t want it to affect the outcome being this close to harvest.
ALSO, although I have been watering (last 3 waterings) with plain ph’d water (no nuts), I’m still seeing an increase in the burned tips. Even the little sugar leaves on the buds are starting to show burned tips that are getting worse. I’m stumped. I went light with the nuts when I first introduced, stopped when it seems like the nuts were burning the plant, and even without nuts I’m still seeing more and more burning. Temp has been between 74-78 and humidity between 40-50 for the last week and a half after getting temp under control.View attachment 1033831View attachment 1033832View attachment 1033833
Take care of the bugs first. Anything in your soil?

Lots of people here with loads more bug experience than me. I'm sure someone will jump in.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Take care of the bugs first. Anything in your soil?

Lots of people here with loads more bug experience than me. I'm sure someone will jump in.
I haven’t seen anything in the soil, nothing flying or crawling around :/ just a few spots on the back of a couple of leaves that looked like eggs and then the webbing I noticed. It’s really the only thing I can think of, something is definitely damaging more and more leaves

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

I ordered this after doing more research about spraying the leaves with a mix of isopropyl alcohol and water. Did not like what others reported of what happened to their plants after treating them that way and not willing to lose THC on top of it. Most people suggested Azamax so I ordered some and it will be here today. Hoping this takes care of the problem without causing damage to the plant itself or my buds. I’m only a few weeks our from harvesting so I was told neem oil could give the buds a bad taste or smell :/
C3556766 53FD 4888 99A5 D8935AC031BC

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Drea
ALSO, although I have been watering (last 3 waterings) with plain ph’d water (no nuts), I’m still seeing an increase in the burned tips. Even the little sugar leaves on the buds are starting to show burned tips that are getting worse. I’m stumped. I went light with the nuts when I first introduced, stopped when it seems like the nuts were burning the plant, and even without nuts I’m still seeing more and more burning. Temp has been between 74-78 and humidity between 40-50 for the last week and a half after getting temp under control.View attachment 1033831View attachment 1033832View attachment 1033833
dreaded spider mite good luck on the harvest you may have to some cultural hand rubbing the underside of leaves to kill as many as you can , keep us posted .

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Drea

dreaded spider mite good luck on the harvest you may have to some cultural hand rubbing the underside of leaves to kill as many as you can , keep us posted .
Thank you! Gonna try to kill as many as I can now before the azamax gets here later. Has anyone used this stuff before? I’m sure I can find how to treat for cannabis but figured I’d ask here first.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Sprayed my plant last night with the water azamax mix. Was worried about waking up and find her dead haha but so far she looks the same. Will do another treatment in 2-3 days and hopefully that will be the last of the spider mites. Now to figure out why my leaves are burning up even with nuts 😓

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Sprayed my plant last night with the water azamax mix. Was worried about waking up and find her dead haha but so far she looks the same. Will do another treatment in 2-3 days and hopefully that will be the last of the spider mites. Now to figure out why my leaves are burning up even with nuts 😓

It's probably one to do with the other in some sense.

I would go in with a magnifying glass and really try to suss out exactly where the mites are and the damage. Dig into the soil a bit too. Around the edges of the pot. All through the space. Etc. Right now, this is the only problem imo.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

It's probably one to do with the other in some sense.

I would go in with a magnifying glass and really try to suss out exactly where the mites are and the damage. Dig into the soil a bit too. Around the edges of the pot. All through the space. Etc. Right now, this is the only problem imo.
I looked further yesterday and did find some throughout the plant, but nothing too crazy. i killed the ones I came across. I need to check the space itself more thoroughly though as you suggested.

Top Bottom