First time indoor grow

• Thread starter SyLane0988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SyLane0988

SyLane0988

I found this site a few weeks late haha but here’s where I’m at so far. I’m almost 7 weeks in. Ran into some issues with using the wrong soil so I’ll be replanting once the new soil arrives. Thanks to some awesome people on here, I now know it’s but burn :/ which is probably why it’s a little stunted. But hopefully all fixable 👌🏻
Pics are from start to where I’m at today.

First time indoor grow
First time indoor grow 2
First time indoor grow 3
First time indoor grow 4
First time indoor grow 5
First time indoor grow 6
First time indoor grow 7
First time indoor grow 8
First time indoor grow 9
First time indoor grow 10
First time indoor grow 11
SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Update: I switched her over to happy frog soil with perlite. I tried to clean off as much miracle grow soil as possible without stressing her too much. I removed a lot of the lower leaves that were dying or pretty much dead. Hoping she pulls through and is looking better in few days or hopefully next week at the latest. I will not be watering with but water in tile I see that she is recovering. Should I do nut water at half strength when I finally do add nutrients? Any tips or advice is appreciated! She’s 7 weeks old, has been in veg for over a month now. I personally think her growth has really been stunted because of the issues so I’m not expecting too much bud with this first grow but learning as I’m going.
39628290 28CE 4A8A 894E 55658F30C810
7C2E03FD 9224 473E A6AA 7E9B569BD946
C459E935 0FC8 4587 BB6B 3A4CF0261055
81C1EE0F 352C 401A B4B0 A7A66DF3EE15

todoriri

todoriri

Nice plant :)
She seems a little droopy and also the soil is wet. Does it have a good drainage?
It could be from the transplant as well...
I don't dare to advise you on the nutes. I would probably test the reaction with a lower concentration.

Good luck!

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Nice plant :)
She seems a little droopy and also the soil is wet. Does it have a good drainage?
It could be from the transplant as well...
I don't dare to advise you on the nutes. I would probably test the reaction with a lower concentration.

Good luck!
Hey thank you! The soil I originally had her in was pretty dry so when I transplanted her I watered some. I have four big drainage holes on the bottom and then I poked holes into the soil around the edge of the pot to help get more oxygen down there as well. I’ll definitely go light on the nutes when she’s looking better.

todoriri

todoriri

Hey thank you! The soil I originally had her in was pretty dry so when I transplanted her I watered some. I have four big drainage holes on the bottom and then I poked holes into the soil around the edge of the pot to help get more oxygen down there as well. I’ll definitely go light on the nutes when she’s looking better.

Drain holes are not sufficient on their own. If you plan to feed heavily, It is a good idea to ensure that the soil holds enough air and drains relatively quickly.
This usually requires to add something to the soil which will help with that.
I personally use perlite since the perlite prevents nutrient buildup in the soil and retains extra oxygen.
Your soil already has some but I cannot say if it is enough for proper drainage and oxygen retention.

Before watering again, I would stick my finger in the soil to the first knuckle and water only if it feels dry.
I also try not to leave them too dry to avoid the soil EC from spiking.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Drain holes are not sufficient on their own. If you plan to feed heavily, It is a good idea to ensure that the soil holds enough air and drains relatively quickly.
This usually requires to add something to the soil which will help with that.
I personally use perlite since the perlite prevents nutrient buildup in the soil and retains extra oxygen.
Your soil already has some but I cannot say if it is enough for proper drainage and oxygen retention.

Before watering again, I would stick my finger in the soil to the first knuckle and water only if it feels dry.
I also try not to leave them too dry to avoid the soil EC from spiking.
Thank you for the advice! I put extra drainage holes in the pot, making them bigger than they originally were on the bottom and poke holes on the soil after watering to help with extra oxygen down in the soil. Something someone told me as a tip, not sure how much it actually helps. But I do notice that when I do that, she needs water a little sooner and doesn’t drop as much after watering. I did add a little extra perlite to that soil to help as well.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
If you can raise the plant up of tent floor creat a air gap underneath warmer dryer roots aids in plant health regards.od .the foil you have up is t helping it would be better to remove and use white flat water based paint to use on grow space walls .

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

If you can raise the plant up of tent floor creat a air gap underneath warmer dryer roots aids in plant health regards.od .the foil you have up is t helping it would be better to remove and use white flat water based paint to use on grow space walls .
Ok awesome thank you! I’m moving her to a bigger space today that is painted flat white and will have better circulation

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Ok awesome thank you! I’m moving her to a bigger space today that is painted flat white and will have better circulation
Great if you have a bow peed @Dr.B post on plant racks made from milk creates you will be to make them as well , please take a look at it he’s got the KISS method going on . 👍🧐😀. Od .

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Got her all moved over to the new space. Much happier with the room in there and the availability to move the lights when needed. The tin foil is temporary, I’ll be painting the space with flat white water based paint like suggested! I also have a divider to keep more light in the area the plant is in and can keep supplies on the other side.
48DEBBCC 4B27 4A91 A2B7 CF1E13CBB82F

Latest posts

Top Bottom