First Time Indoor Soil Grow..

• Thread starter Aussie farm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

They look hungry, how long since transplant? Are you feeding them additional nutes? You could top dress with a bit of bat guano at next watering and see if the color improves, it's an immediate source of nitrogen so you can usually see the green start to return in a day or so.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

They look hungry, how long since transplant? Are you feeding them additional nutes? You could top dress with a bit of bat guano at next watering and see if the color improves, it's an immediate source of nitrogen so you can usually see the green start to return in a day or so.
6 days since transplant had plain water at that point then and a light feed of about 100ppm of nutrients once the pot was dry. Yesterday and today I have given the messy looking one a light seaweed foliar spray and this morning was plain water for both. PH is still high as I'm waiting on some PH down to arrive and citric acid won't drop the PH far enough at the moment it 7. I'll get some guano in the next couple of days and see if that will help.. Cheers

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Sorry to see the plants still strugglin a bit. Nutrient lockout maybe from off PH or still possibly too wet soil would be my guess. They will be easily stressed until they adjust to the transplant. I probably should have said to get PH up and PH down in my earlier post. They are frequently sold in sets so I figured that you would end up with a set. It can be a balancing act until you learn your water and how it reacts. If you have soft water you can see big PH swings from very small additions until your water buffers up some. If you have harder water it takes a bit more to move the PH and doesn't swing as wildly. Best to start small in PH additions with a small dropper.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Sorry to see the plants still strugglin a bit. Nutrient lockout maybe from off PH or still possibly too wet soil would be my guess. They will be easily stressed until they adjust to the transplant. I probably should have said to get PH up and PH down in my earlier post. They are frequently sold in sets so I figured that you would end up with a set. It can be a balancing act until you learn your water and how it reacts. If you have soft water you can see big PH swings from very small additions until your water buffers up some. If you have harder water it takes a bit more to move the PH and doesn't swing as wildly. Best to start small in PH additions with a small dropper.
I should have PH up and down by tomorrow and the pots are still to heavy for more water so probably another 2 days before I water again. I was hoping the foliar spray would help but it's been 2 days and she's still declining i'm hoping the messy looking one hasn't gone too far down hill. Is there any chance of taking cuttings for clones from plants this small before they decline too much as I would rather waste these two for the chance of getting a few more to try again from scratch.?

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

This is the girls first thing this morning just after lights on.

IMG20220623062214

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

I do not have any experience with cuttings so can't say how they would do. I would think healthy plants would be much easier to get clones rooted from. Maybe someone will chime in with more experience in that area. On the seaweed foliar, it could be several things. Obviously the concentration is important. Studies have also shown foliar is better absorbed at a lower PH. I like to foliar feed with a PH in the 5.5 to 6.0 area. Also the plants are much more receptive if they are in the correct state. There are some guides out there on when to foliar feed. Many recommend with the lights out. I don't like to leave the plants wet in the dark. I like to do it early in the morning ideally shortly after lights on. I have dimmable lights and I also turn the light level down for an hour or two after foliar. If the light is too bright the light can burn the leaves. If it is also not ideal if your temps are too high like over 80 deg F

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

I do not have any experience with cuttings so can't say how they would do. I would think healthy plants would be much easier to get clones rooted from. Maybe someone will chime in with more experience in that area. On the seaweed foliar, it could be several things. Obviously the concentration is important. Studies have also shown foliar is better absorbed at a lower PH. I like to foliar feed with a PH in the 5.5 to 6.0 area. Also the plants are much more receptive if they are in the correct state. There are some guides out there on when to foliar feed. Many recommend with the lights out. I don't like to leave the plants wet in the dark. I like to do it early in the morning ideally shortly after lights on. I have dimmable lights and I also turn the light level down for an hour or two after foliar. If the light is too bright the light can burn the leaves. If it is also not ideal if your temps are too high like over 80 deg F
Thanks heaps Osmosis but I doubt anyone is willing to help, it's very hard to get any help on this forum when your inexperienced it seems. All good though as the girls have declined too much so I have taken them out of the tent and put them outside to see if I can get them back.

Cheers for all the help.

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Man I'm sorry to hear they are still declining. Maybe some fresh air will shake em up. There is a lot of science and biology involved in growing. It's really easiest to start with a known good soil that carries enough nutrients to get you though the first several weeks. Looked like early on there was just too much water, and how they do early is critical as they are working on developing their root structure. Early errors can stall things out and get them unhappy pretty quick. Best of luck with them though.

S

SpaceCowboy72

They look hungry feed .85 - 1.0 EC they need more than 100 ppm at this stage.
get them on a good watering schedule and feeding schedule.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Man I'm sorry to hear they are still declining. Maybe some fresh air will shake em up. There is a lot of science and biology involved in growing. It's really easiest to start with a known good soil that carries enough nutrients to get you though the first several weeks. Looked like early on there was just too much water, and how they do early is critical as they are working on developing their root structure. Early errors can stall things out and get them unhappy pretty quick. Best of luck with them though.
Yeah absolutely I made some early mistakes and put the plants on the back foot, definitely learnt a lot and will put that to action next grow.. Cheers mate..

Latest posts

Top Bottom