First Time.....Is It Almost Ready?

• Thread starter sargewag04
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sargewag04

sargewag04

This is my first time growing. I’m growing Pineapple Express, all outdoor. The only thing I’ve done to it is prune it a little bit after flowering (but I feel like I pruned too high and too much) and I’ve given it a bloom booster from Home Depot that I saw was being used by other growers. I feel like the plant has hit a plateau where the leaves around the buds are growing but not the buds themselves. The hairs don’t seem to be 70% amber and the trichomes are pretty milky but are still very white. Please help a rookie out!!! Thanks guys.

First timeis it almost ready
First timeis it almost ready 2
sargewag04

sargewag04

not ready yet, still a long time to go
Thank you for your response. That’s what I thought as well. It started to flower around the end of July, beginning of Oct. being a rookie, I didn’t think to write down dates and stuff. What would you say, another 2-4 weeks or longer?

sargewag04

sargewag04

Thank you for your response. That’s what I thought as well. It started to flower around the end of September, beginning of Oct. being a rookie, I didn’t think to write down dates and stuff. What would you say, another 2-4 weeks or longer?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Thank you for your response. That’s what I thought as well. It started to flower around the end of July, beginning of Oct. being a rookie, I didn’t think to write down dates and stuff. What would you say, another 2-4 weeks or longer?
Hard to see from those pics.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
All those three finger leaves mean shes revegging, could be a long time, month or more.
That's what I thought but I didn't want to say anything cuz I wasn't sure. I was looking at the swolen calyxes on a healthy plant that has almost inexistent buds and wondering why they're like that.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It looks like it's on a balcony, are there lights that even slightly shine on the plant during the night? If so that's probably the cause of the revegging.

Dan789

Dan789

You’ve got one of two directions to go, either bring that plant indoors under artificial light via a tent, or wait till next season and try again outdoors.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's got to be put back on a flowering cycle, or it will literally take forever.

This plant seems to be growing in a place best occupied by an auto flower.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
You’ve got one of two directions to go, either bring that plant indoors under artificial light via a tent, or wait till next season and try again outdoors.
If it's not too cold where he is couldn't he just let it finish?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
What would he harvest...? Not worth it, I’d guess, but only the grower can really answer that question.
Oh that's true, I didn't think about that but bringing it inside wouldn't grow bigger buds either.

sargewag04

sargewag04

Oh that's true, I didn't think about that but bringing it inside wouldn't grow bigger buds either.
Damn. You guys are awesome and spot on. It is on a balcony and I literally realized a couple of nights ago that there is lights that shine on it because I had it sitting on a chair. I have started to put the plant on the ground where it is covered from any light and has much more darkness. So am I screwed? Should I try to harvest what I have or wait the month? The buds have been growing just at a very slow pace

sargewag04

sargewag04

I am in Southern California so it doesn’t get too cold at night. 55-60 degrees at the lowest. And when I say lights were shinning on it, they were from a distance and not very strong. But I’ve learned that it needs complete darkness

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I am in Southern California so it doesn’t get too cold at night. 55-60 degrees at the lowest. And when I say lights were shinning on it, they were from a distance and not very strong. But I’ve learned that it needs complete darkness
I'd let it finish even though it won't really matter in the end.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Won’t matter meaning the buds won’t get much bigger?
I don't think they'll get much bigger, no. If you want to just harvest what you've got then do it when you start to see amber. If you want to wait it out and see if they get bigger then i think it's gonna be another 7 weeks at least.

Top Bottom