First Time.....Is It Almost Ready?

• Thread starter sargewag04
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sargewag04

sargewag04

I don't think they'll get much bigger, no. If you want to just harvest what you've got then do it when you start to see amber. If you want to wait it out and see if they get bigger then i think it's gonna be another 7 weeks at least.
Well, this is how you learn I guess. Got to fuck up a few times before you get it right. I really appreciate all of your insight on this. Once I see the pistils getting amber should I flush it a week or two before harvest? Also, would pruning some of those leaves help it at all or is it too late for that at this point?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Well, this is how you learn I guess. Got to fuck up a few times before you get it right. I really appreciate all of your insight on this. Once I see the pistils getting amber should I flush it a week or two before harvest? Also, would pruning some of those leaves help it at all or is it too late for that at this point?
Don't prune anything at this point. I'd start to check trichomes when pistils start to change and I'd flush when the trichomes are mostly milky with some clears but I'm pretty bad at flushing so get someone else's advice on that.

sargewag04

sargewag04

Don't prune anything at this point. I'd start to check trichomes when pistils start to change and I'd flush when the trichomes are mostly milky with some clears but I'm pretty bad at flushing so get someone else's advice on that.
Thank you brother. Your help all day has been extremely useful and I’m very appreciative. Have a good night!!!!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
So what'd you end up doing with the plant?

sargewag04

sargewag04

I just kept doing what I was doing except I gave it more darkness at night. I think she's ready now. She looks so beautiful. She got a lot bigger over the last 2-3 days and the trichomes are turning brownish. Ive only flushed for 3 days so I'm not sure how it's going to taste. I didn't give it much food during the whole process so hopefully there isn't much to get out. I should harvest now right?
35BC41A4 DDBF 4B7A 8601 F47DD0F5D54C
21CB1520 C981 41FE B3C4 4C5015DD639C
A140EC99 5662 416B 88D1 C71508C7C664
9717A7EF 660E 4C73 ABC2 04D7098FE250
003802B6 A1CF 4268 92A6 C0908F2ABC48
21CB1520 C981 41FE B3C4 4C5015DD639C

738CA309 1CF4 4CA6 94DF EF5625CF3E72
08AB6824 1BE5 43FF AF59 2E4D7AD1B6C5
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I disagree, it looks ready to me, maybe leave it until you see yellowing leaves but then you're good to go.

sargewag04

sargewag04

I disagree, it looks ready to me, maybe leave it until you see yellowing leaves but then you're good to go.
I've been waiting for the yellowing of the leaves but it's been a very slow process. Some of the tips of the leaves are yellowing but I read that's a deficiency of some sort. Idk guys, shit looks very close to being ready. What if the leaves don't yellow in the next week or two? Should I continue to flush daily or every other day? Thanks for all ur help gentlemen

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I've been waiting for the yellowing of the leaves but it's been a very slow process. Some of the tips of the leaves are yellowing but I read that's a deficiency of some sort. Idk guys, shit looks very close to being ready. What if the leaves don't yellow in the next week or two? Should I continue to flush daily or every other day? Thanks for all ur help gentlemen
I'm really bad at flushing so I'm honestly not sure.

Madbud

Madbud

Lmao. Good thing you told me, I was going to chop it tomorrow. Lol. One week? Two weeks? Watcha think?
Starting to see some pink? No hurry, probably not taking much water. Another week to ten days then 48 hours darkness before harvest. Hang it in dark spot, at 50-60% humidity and 60- 70°F for a couple days, maybe a week. Worth the wait.

sargewag04

sargewag04

Starting to see some pink? No hurry, probably not taking much water. Another week to ten days then 48 hours darkness before harvest. Hang it in dark spot, at 50-60% humidity and 60- 70°F for a couple days, maybe a week. Worth the wait.
Thank you for the priceless advice. Where would I be seeing the pink? I’m not really seeing any. What do you mean not taking much water? I’ve started flushing it. Should I be doing it daily and how much water? As hard as it is, I’m going to of course take ur guys advice and give it another 7-10 then 48 of darkness. Thanks again fellas

Madbud

Madbud

Maybe its the light but the hairs look pinkish. Flushing is still debatable especially in soil. I figure buds will flush in a vase of water if theres any truth in it but i don’t see a difference, unlike the 48 hours darkness which seems to boost the trichs.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Maybe its the light but the hairs look pinkish. Flushing is still debatable especially in soil. I figure buds will flush in a vase of water if theres any truth in it but i don’t see a difference, unlike the 48 hours darkness which seems to boost the trichs.
You obviously won't see the difference from a vase of water because it's nowhere near enough. The 48 hour dark period doesn't increase trichomes more than light would, what it does is during the dark cycles, the plant moves all of the starches from the buds into the roots so the dark period evacuates the buds of starches making them taste better and smell better.

Madbud

Madbud

The plant repairs itself during darkness, trichs especially, since sunlight degrades them.

Madbud

Madbud

You obviously won't see the difference from a vase of water because it's nowhere near enough. The 48 hour dark period doesn't increase trichomes more than light would, what it does is during the dark cycles, the plant moves all of the starches from the buds into the roots so the dark period evacuates the buds of starches making them taste better and smell better.
I wasn’t going to respond to this but if you haven’t tried a bouquet of buds in a vase you should. The calyx swell to the point it takes an extra week to dry.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I wasn’t going to respond to this but if you haven’t tried a bouquet of buds in a vase you should. The calyx swell to the point it takes an extra week to dry.
Not sure what you mean

Latest posts

Top Bottom