First Time Manifolding/Mainlining

• Thread starter jaguarlax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Fingers crossed!!

here’s the cataract kush I was talking about. Had a little accident but she’s coming back nicely.Even has that cool shade of purple everyone was talking about
Did you start topping her at 3rd node or wait for like 5 or 6? I think a couple of mine are ready but only have the 5th node barely visible to start.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Did you start topping her at 3rd node or wait for like 5 or 6? I think a couple of mine are ready but only have the 5th node barely visible to start.
Everything was between the 5th and 6th. I waited a few extra days to top the kush because its was a little slower

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
What sucks for me is I have 5 different strains going. Obama kush, which is short AF, ethos citral glue , tall, Katsu's xanadu and Dracarys and an unknown seed from a buddy at work that his sister gave him and are most likely feminized but who really knows and they are tall lol I might just grow the shorter ones outside.the Katsu's are medium so far

So its another conversation but Ive read that pulling far reds out of veg tightens nodes up. I would tend to agree watching the first veg under a blurple black box, and this veg which is much more compact with a sp150, that has much less far red.

Munch517

Munch517

You're doing fine, the plants look good and I'm seeing some decent new growth. I wait until my plants are taller to start topping but that's just because of how I want them to fit my scrog. Keep topping and/or training to fill up the usable space under your light and you'll do well.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
You're doing fine, the plants look good and I'm seeing some decent new growth. I wait until my plants are taller to start topping but that's just because of how I want them to fit my scrog. Keep topping and/or training to fill up the usable space under your light and you'll do well.
im a creep and been following since last night LMAO

**your grow diary that is

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

So its another conversation but Ive read that pulling far reds out of veg tightens nodes up. I would tend to agree watching the first veg under a blurple black box, and this veg which is much more compact with a sp150, that has much less far red.
The lights I have are supposed to be full spectrum. Maybe when I set up a veg tent I will have to look into whats best for veg. T5's are pretty energy efficient. Aren't they?

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
The lights I have are supposed to be full spectrum. Maybe when I set up a veg tent I will have to look into whats best for veg. T5's are pretty energy efficient. Aren't they?
energy efficent yes, I have quite a few pretty high end setups for my saltwater tanks. I was told they werent great for flower though. I couldnt call it either way. I have had success growing stony polyp corals which use light to literally build a skeleton soo I would say plants could also use the light. I think it would really depend on the quality and how much they push...

one thing I am sure of with t5's is you will have issues when they degrade. They tend to throw off different spectrums as they get older, and it causes issues. It did for my corals anyway.

Last edited:
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Ha, I'm flattered. I will say I've been fairly happy with my job mainlining on this last grow. There's a few tweaks I'm going to make for this next round and I'll report in my grow diary how that goes.
hows the trolmaster working out for you?

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
The Trolmaster has been working well, it's been quietly doing it's job without any fuss. I definitely couldn't see myself going back to a setup without it or something similar.
It seems a bit expensive after all the probes and a full setup. I have a cheap co2 sensor on the way. hopefully that works out
sLemon Shining Silver Haze just outperforming everything I think she’s gonna be special these royal queen seeds are pretty decent so far

4B726C9D A390 4BA7 810B D605E2E0DB1D
Reactions: Ina
shaganja

shaganja

If you grow continuously. You have time from germinating to flower. I'm on step 3b.
if you chopped at node three, i would keep one, and cut two. cause one fills that middle space. and one is same direction as three. sometimes i keep two on the top side, and chop the bottom one. i like to fill that middle space. my 2cents.

shaganja

shaganja

if you chopped at node three, i would keep one, and cut two. cause one fills that middle space. and one is same direction as three. sometimes i keep two on the top side, and chop the bottom one. i like to fill that middle space. my 2cents.
im talking about the second top.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
im talking about the second top.

If I was only going to

How many times do you usually top your plants? I am kind of happy with the way these are growing out and I dont want to push my luck. Should I still follow the same LST methods?

shaganja

shaganja

and after you do this for a few runs, you will notice some like it, they shoot when you chop. amd some stalky strains will barely shoot branches. so know your girl, she if she likes to stretch and go out amd party, or if she likes to stay in! lol

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
and after you do this for a few runs, you will notice some like it, they shoot when you chop. amd some stalky strains will barely shoot branches. so know your girl, she if she likes to stretch and go out amd party, or if she likes to stay in! lol
im also thinking my flower space that im building out is Six foot long by two wide and eight foot tall so its more narrow than anything. I figure 3 plants with two main colas will grow better than 4 in that space. Does that make sense?

shaganja

shaganja

im also thinking my flower space that im building out is Six foot long by two wide and eight foot tall so its more narrow than anything. I figure 3 plants with two main colas will grow better than 4 in that space. Does that make sense?
perhaps, but four will fill your space faster. amd sucks to kill a plant

Lilolme

Lilolme

Heres a couple pics from my past, its fun to try new things. They eventually got tall and crowded so I had to tie em back. Have fun and experiment with EVERYTHING
E83C91AF 82C6 43F8 A2E6 2E4CC8CDA1C2
D36F1DD1 E55B 47F0 94AB 22E284314115

Top Bottom