• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

First time outdoor grow purple haze 2
First time outdoor grow purple haze

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

29 days above soil outside grow since Germ using Foxfarm ocean soil with the fox farm trio and Foxfarm Cal mag according to their charts. Am I on track? This is my first go at it planted three strains, all together 5 plants(1 photo:Angie’s earmuffs, 1 auto:purple haze, 3 auto:pineapple express) not expecting all of them to make it and in my opinion, they are doing pretty damn good for me never planting anything before lol opinions or advice? I only know what Ive learned across multiple sources that seem to be credible, if more than three people agree I usually run with it when doing research on this and it has carried me through. All autos are in 3 gal plant bags and the photo I put in a Predrilled 5 galling bucket from homedepot

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

All of my girls together.. purple looks almost identical to the pineapples other than it’s second set of leaves having five finger leaves and the pineapples second set has 3 fingers. Maybe strain dependent other than that twins lol all have five finger leaves now but purple got hers first
F11FC82A F552 43A6 9C53 D62FF102E169

F

FatFarm

Plants are looking good. I too am going to attempt my first outdoor grow soon

What’s your climate like? It’s the conditions outdoors I think will be against me but will be fun trying

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

Plants are looking good. I too am going to attempt my first outdoor grow soon

What’s your climate like? It’s the conditions outdoors I think will be against me but will be fun trying
I’m in a subtropical climate according to Google lol but I’ve battled wind and rain already and my girls are young. I don’t have a greenhouse set up at all just growing completely natural.

F

FatFarm

It’s the humidity here in summer that I’m bothered about, it’s like 80s and 90s lol

Have you not considered a poly tunnel

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

It’s the humidity here in summer that I’m bothered about, it’s like 80s and 90s lol

Have you not considered a poly tunnel
I was really just messing around to see if even possible and 30 days later I’m addicted and want to get in to full swing now. I’ve done sooooo much research all the knowledge wants to explode out of my head lol so my next batch will definitely be different and a little more controlled and a small tent or greenhouse is a must because most of my issues have come from mother nature herself.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Are you very close to the equator? How many hours of sunlight are you getting now? It’s pretty early in the year to expect much out of a photo. I’m going to assume they are feminized! Like some of these cats over in Thailand, have to use supplemental lighting Every grow because they are very close to the equator.

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

Not sure i just put them in sun all day and water and feed and make sure wind and rain don’t take them out. Lol completely new to this I have medical marijuana but would rather grow my own smoke. So thought I would just do it and see what happens 🤷🏼‍♀️😬 now I’m Intrigued lol I googled and from what I’m seeing it’s 12 hrs of day light 🤷🏼‍♀️

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’m just chirping here. But with photo periods, the hours of light are probably more important than the weather! Just don’t be surprised if the photo starts flowering as soon as it’s old enough. And it might not be very big. It’s the same thing that happens when I put my shit out too early! You wind up with with a tiny plant with cute little balls, or flowers as the case maybe. We’ll see what happens with Angie’s muff! I don’t know what happens with the auto flowers. Don’t know if they react to the short hours of daylight or not. With photos it’s kind of accepted that you want at least 14 hours of daylight to keep them from flowering. Give or take.

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

I’m just chirping here. But with photo periods, the hours of light are probably more important than the weather! Just don’t be surprised if the photo starts flowering as soon as it’s old enough. And it might not be very big. It’s the same thing that happens when I put my shit out too early! You wind up with with a tiny plant with cute little balls, or flowers as the case maybe. We’ll see what happens with Angie’s muff! I don’t know what happens with the auto flowers. Don’t know if they react to the short hours of daylight or not.
From what I’ve read autos will do their thing regardless of light cycles but honestly a test run so I would be happy if I got any buds at all out of her 😂 as long as it’s decent smoke. When I planted them I didn’t know what a photo or auto was I’ve learned along the way and still learning as it continues. I have a cheap full spectrum light from Amazon that I used on unexpected rainy days figuring something was better than nothing not that it did anything other than help me sleep at night😂

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

I’m just chirping here. But with photo periods, the hours of light are probably more important than the weather! Just don’t be surprised if the photo starts flowering as soon as it’s old enough. And it might not be very big. It’s the same thing that happens when I put my shit out too early! You wind up with with a tiny plant with cute little balls, or flowers as the case maybe. We’ll see what happens with Angie’s muff! I don’t know what happens with the auto flowers. Don’t know if they react to the short hours of daylight or not. With photos it’s kind of accepted that you want at least 14 hours of daylight to keep them from flowering. Give or take.
And yes all feminized seeds

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Some areas never get more than 13 hours of sunlight all year long! So those outdoor guys hang a string of lightbulbs over their plants to keep them from flowering and get them big enough! When growing photo periods, you have to pay particular attention to the photo period part. The hours of light signal them how to behave! Maybe you’ll get lucky on her! Good luck

Letsgrowthroughit

Letsgrowthroughit

Some areas never get more than 13 hours of sunlight all year long! So those outdoor guys hang a string of lightbulbs over their plants to keep them from flowering and get them big enough! When growing photo periods, you have to pay particular attention to the photo period part. The hours of light signal them how to behave! Maybe you’ll get lucky on her! Good luck
Thank you!! I’ll give the photo an extra 4 hrs with the light I have after sundown and see what happens and then i know before planting another photo to invest in a better light lol

Top Bottom