First time user of manual trimming machine…comparison with hand trimming

• Thread starter nashobaTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Bags only have micron sizes, not numbers. I have 70 and 28 micron bags that I’m certain would not pass trichomes.

G

Grdnguy86

I had one, threw it away for the reasons Gnick states.

IMO - it doesn't do anything well, just fast and messy. Sorry if I am being contrarian.

And yeah - oil sticks to the damn plant material. Busted trichomes get everywhere on everything. Not sure what is hard to understand about that. The first several ounces are OK, but by the time you get to a pound the thing is completely useless.
Came here thinking along same lines. We spends months babying plants/buds/trichomes just to put them in a salad spinner and beat them up? Guess I’m buying some extra scissors and making my wife help trim them up 😆

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Just finished another round,6 hrs to trim 4 plants using the "salad bowl" myself and my wife. Our combined age is 137 years. Like i said, theres lots of tricomes to go around and trimming by hand is no longer an option for us. She has arthritis and i had a stroke.
20221216 091353
20221216 091334

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Just finished another round,6 hrs to trim 4 plants using the "salad bowl" myself and my wife. Our combined age is 137 years. Like i said, theres lots of tricomes to go around and trimming by hand is no longer an option for us. She has arthritis and i had a stroke. View attachment 1311868View attachment 1311869
I get a kick out of the trimming complaint, its like Mc Scrooge😄 bitching about counting money....

I was harvesting a few plants last Aug and we had a hurricane blow through knocking out power for a few days, I had a generator but not for everything at full power. I had 1 girl sitting on a bench out of the grow room that only gets a bit of ( shade ? )when I'm in the room other wise its dark so for 3 days it sat in the shade before I got around to trimming her up to dry...I swear it was stickier and darker in color and its dried up and smokes great now.....I like😊😊

Okay...lol...to the point...I'm now letting my plants sit on my bench 1 at a time for 3 days, I pull by hand all the large leaves off on day 1. day 2, I trim the rest of her up with scissors, takes about 1 hr and let it sit over night then cut and hang the next day to dry .and pull out another plant from my tent,....Its taken me a week to date and I've 1 more to pull out today ( #5 ) to trim up and after I finish this smoke and hang yesterdays trimmed up girl a Gsc/jam
😁

I put my stuff to be dirty too, no need to trim it up all pretty I'm just going to smoke it all anyways or cook it up but it all smokes, bud& leaf, when I go to smoke it I'll just toss the fluff.....okay 2 smokes and some re-lites off to work I go.😆

Top Bottom