first time user of S.C.Supersoil

• Thread starter 420reaper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420reaper

420reaper

Hello fellow farmers, I dug 2x3ft holes and put half sub super soil then used Humbolt Earth as my second layer my ladies have been in the ground since end of april they are about 2ft tall.the ones that are shorter are clones were going into flower,and now are reverting back to veg
First time user of scsupersoil
First time user of scsupersoil 2
and doing great so far.My question is will there be enough nutrients left by sept-oct?or will i need to supplement in flower?

vaporedout

vaporedout

pretty sure youll need to nute up..... depends on the strain though.. some like more others not as much.

lookin green there!

you should cover that area with a screen, you would avoid tons of pests.

420reaper

420reaper

thx vapordout,yes im gonna finish covering with shadecloth.Tons of grasshoppers in mid summer.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
You may want to top feed with more super soil when the plants stop vertical growth. The other thing I would do is make sure to feed lots of low or now nute microbe (ACT) teas. Capulator's Beneficials work wonders for this.

I'm using super soil indoors in 7g pots. Filled 2.5 gallons of SS then topped with 3.5 gallons of regular soil. When flowering started I added another gallong of SS to the top. Feeding ACTs with almost every feeding. Plants have never looked better. Check out my Chaos diary for details.

outwest

420reaper

420reaper

thx Outwest, you say feeding ACT almost every feeding?do you mean watering,what are you feeding it?I am ass out of S.S used it all.what is ACT? just a compost tea? thanks agn

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Aerated Compost Tea. Looks under the Capulator subforum of 'Nutrients & Fertilizers' There is a whole thread dedicated to recipes. No nutes, just lots of good bacteria.

outwest

420reaper

420reaper

Damn I was hoping after spending all that money making the supersoil,Really didnt know i had to buy more stuff to finish.I have 3 cans full of compost that i got for vegg garden,got it from recycling center.just dont know whats in it.i know its supposed to be organic though.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Damn I was hoping after spending all that money making the supersoil,Really didnt know i had to buy more stuff to finish.I have 3 cans full of compost that i got for vegg garden,got it from recycling center.just dont know whats in it.i know its supposed to be organic though.

You don't have to use tea with the super soil.(but I'd highly recommend it) Frequency/volume of watering and effective use of microbial life were 2 things I found missing from sub's directions. He doesn't really get into microbial life at all. Either way, I'm pretty sure that just using water will be fine, just be sure not to water to the point of a lot of saturation. . .don't know how else to describe it. . .I use it indoors, and I don't want any runoff because that's washing out the super soil. Not sure how to relate that outdoor. Given that your season is much longer outdoors you'll probably need top feed during flower. The fact that you filled 50% of your holes with super soil is probably good outdoors.

Back to the microbes. The easiest way to explain what they do is they make the plant very receptive to inputs. . .light, air, water, and all the things you broke your back mixing into the super soil. Have healthy bacteria living in your soil really helps the plant function very efficiently which equates to a vigorous plant and ultimately quality smoke, which is what we're all going for, right?! :D

Re-reading your post, using the compost you got, you can easily make some tea. You can make your own brewer pretty cheaply. However, even if you just vigorously mix the compost you got with some unsulfured molasses and water that in, it will be better nothing at all. The compost contain the bacteria the the molasses feeds the bacteria, mixing them together then feeding them in with your watering.

Anyway, I should qualify the above rambling with the fact that I'm also running SS for the first time. Any changes or additions I think I've already covered, and any additional knowledge has been gained doing a shit ton of reading here at the farm.

Good luck, look forward to seeing how this progresses.

outwest

420reaper

420reaper

Thank you Outwest,i will try this out,Hopefully we have a great season this year:)

420reaper

420reaper

Act 002 533x800
Act 003 800x533
Act 001 800x533
@outwest, Taking your advice and started some a.c.t. I used a 17g tub and close to 5g of compost with molasses and 2 air stones. Started it on thursday. checked it today and its looking really frothy and alive:) . So far no issues with the supersoil plants are doing great 3-1/2 ft tall.Here on central coast we have another 2 months of vegging to do.May have some trees:D I am germing seeds right now(i know its a little late in season)Going to do a little experiment using just compost and a.c.t. maybe next season I can cut down the cost without any sacrifice on quality or quantity.The short plants in the pic are clones.Put them out to early and went to bud,now they are reverting.Thinking of topping them to induce more sites and get some new growth going.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Everything looks good, that compost tea will help alot for overall plant health and vigor.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^Damn bro, those plants look really healthy and they should yield a decent amount.

bongstar

bongstar

Nice set up Sweet girls! I grow mine in happy frog outside. I always supplement especialy in flowering. Every year i try new stuff. ive used Advanced Nutrients before, ive use chicken shit bone meal and guano before, Cutting edge. and so on. this year im using Roots Organics budda bloom and There HPK, well see the yeild but it looks like ill be getting more than a P per. Again i dont use Super Soil but I would definatly be supplementing if i were you.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

You might have to supplement a PK boost later in flower, but right now I would just stick to what you've been doing because they look great.

bongstar

bongstar

I personal would supplement. Mine would be touching the top of the cage your growing in with my program. if there already flowering i would start now.

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

Plants look nice and healthy but like the others said I think you will need to add some nutes in the flowering stage. I read somewhere that subs supersoil will carry your plants to about the end of the fourth week of flowering, then you need to add some organic flowering nutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom