First Timer *fingerscrossed*

• Thread starter BurnzYzBudZz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
This is my first official little get down. I am currently at 12 days from seed in FoxFarm OceanEarth soil. Running a 1000W with 6” fan and carbon filter. I’ll upload some pictures. Haven’t started feeding nutes yet. I do have FloraNova grow for veg but won’t start feeding until first true set of leaves appear. Any recommendations or tricks are much appreciated.

First timer fingerscrossed
First timer fingerscrossed 2
Dan789

Dan789

Normally like to see smaller cup/pot with seedlings as it’s easier to judge the amount of moisture given, larger pots make that job more difficult. But assuming this is something you’ve had success with before, so no worries...the FFOF soil may be a bit too hot for seedlings, but again, this must be something else you’ve got experience with. Good growing.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Normally like to see smaller cup/pot with seedlings as it’s easier to judge the amount of moisture given, larger pots make that job more difficult. But assuming this is something you’ve had success with before, so no worries...the FFOF soil may be a bit too hot for seedlings, but again, this must be something else you’ve got experience with. Good growing.
Thanks dan. Actually no, no experience with indoor. Spoke with the owner at the hydro store and he gave me some pointers. Pretty sure he thought I was growing from clone. Learning process and hobby so I will keep you all updated. I did read on the small cups for seeds for moisture as well as root growth, however, it was already too late. I am assuming I wouldn’t want to throw them back into smaller cups would

Dan789

Dan789

Just keep an eye on them, suggest you read a little in the forum, start at the basic growing, general indoor growing and then a few grow dairies. You’ll learn what to do and not to do, as many hints or pointers picked up along the way aren’t necessarily correct. Get busy, the community is here if you get into trouble, but we all should take advantage of the knowledge and information that’s been gained and freely shared, so we become better growers. Good luck on your road of discovery and adding to each grow with the new knowledge you’ll gain via those posts... dan

PS, this growing thing isn’t quite as easy as it may seem from the outside, the “fingers crossed” won’t get you through without some knowledge to have any idea on what to do, when to do it and for how long...get reading and learning.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Just keep an eye on them, suggest you read a little in the forum, start at the basic growing, general indoor growing and then a few grow dairies. You’ll learn what to do and not to do, as many hints or pointers picked up along the way aren’t necessarily correct. Get busy, the community is here if you get into trouble, but we all should take advantage of the knowledge and information that’s been gained and freely shared, so we become better growers. Good luck on your road of discovery and adding to each grow with the new knowledge you’ll gain via those posts... dan

PS, this growing thing isn’t quite as easy as it may seem from the outside, the “fingers crossed” won’t get you through without some knowledge to have any idea on what to do, when to do it and for how long...get reading and learning.
Thanks again dan. I am not by any means going into this blindly. I have had the opportunity to be around and watch some cultivators. However, I am new to doing it myself. I don’t have all the fancy stuff as of yet, it accumulating slowly but surely. I have been reading non stop and learning stuff daily. Thanks again.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Rainy day in SoCali. While the questions are hot on my mind I am going to ask them and I’ll post pics when I get home from work.
1. when do I turkey start counting the veg weeks.
2. When should I start my first feed.
3. How can I better regulate my RH at night without a dehumidifier?

Babies are looking healthy and happy currently!
Also I have a couple of plants outdoor and forgot to move them this morning. It’s raining currently. Shall I worry about the rain water affecting the colas negatively?
7D3B5E28 767C 4D4F B546 AD2F76E98161

outdoor GG#4 all natural, no nutes, fox farm soil.
409B7F05 ED1F 4CEE BEE7 490722A025FD

outdoor platinum widow no nutes fox farm soil
Thanks all! Happy growing
BurnZy

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
So here are the pictures of the babies. 14th day from seed. Straight to soil. I forgot to mention I’m running a 1000w spider farm MW driver. Currently about 18 inches from plants with little to no heat emission. I have a corner tent so a net is going to be hard to place inside. Any alternatives to a net? Friends have used string to hold up the heavy ones so I was thinking I could do that since I’m limited space.
49DCA057 1E95 44FA B5B8 5C2FC7FC9369
571DEB8C 9A27 4A37 93CA F9151D51C946
F8AF47AF 742A 41EB 8394 5A9325780ADE

-two middle babies and one other will be headed off to buddies shortly, 4 best are staying with me 😁😁

**constructive criticism is welcome**

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
looks like it’s going well, you could easily over water in those containers, make sure there’s lots of holes in bottom and sides, roots need airflow, a wet/dry cycle.
the seed comes with enough food for the first few weeks, that soil probably has nutes in it already too.
at 3-4 nodes start to bend it by tying it to side of pot, 5-6th node top it.
continue to ty down/train the plant to receive the most light.
it will become daily work soon enough, as for now, don’t over mother them or disturb them unnecessarily.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
looks like it’s going well, you could easily over water in those containers, make sure there’s lots of holes in bottom and sides, roots need airflow, a wet/dry cycle.
the seed comes with enough food for the first few weeks, that soil probably has nutes in it already too.
at 3-4 nodes start to bend it by tying it to side of pot, 5-6th node top it.
continue to ty down/train the plant to receive the most light.
it will become daily work soon enough, as for now, don’t over mother them or disturb them unnecessarily.
I appreciate the feedback. I will def pop some holes in the sides so the roots have better access to air. Another question. Up pot to 5 gal once big enough or grow in these 3 gal. Thanks!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I appreciate the feedback. I will def pop some holes in the sides so the roots have better access to air. Another question. Up pot to 5 gal once big enough or grow in these 3 gal. Thanks!
well, depends on who you ask, also how big you growing them, personally, up pot when it comes time, but that’s not for a while yet.
i use 10 gallon bags in a 4x4 tent 7 feet high approx.
some will think that’s over doing it, but..... it’s best to research and you’ll feel/find what’s right for you to do as it grows.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yes, I would not let them get wet at that stage and if they did I would want to place a fan on them asap to prevent any mold caused by water sitting inside the flowers.
Buds are dry (from rain) and thriving. Pictures tomorrow. I honestly think the rain water beefed the ladies up. My personal opinion.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
well, depends on who you ask, also how big you growing them, personally, up pot when it comes time, but that’s not for a while yet.
i use 10 gallon bags in a 4x4 tent 7 feet high approx.
some will think that’s over doing it, but..... it’s best to research and you’ll feel/find what’s right for you to do as it grows.
Currently measuring 1/4ltr a pot. Seems to be working for now. Watering every 3-4 days with a stable 45%-55%RH. I haven’t read this much since college but I feel I am soaking up everyone’s knowledge and I love it! Thanks all.

Swegrow

Swegrow

Looking good man! Stay away from adding nutes for quite some time is all i can say, less is more and your soil probably have a good profile to begin with!

Best of luck from a fellow first time indoor grower

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
So today I ran down and built fixture out of PVC that will accommodate my space issues. Spent less than $20 and I kinda stretched the PVC. Looking now, I think it’s a bit tall.

so I’ll be flowering 2 when it’s time or until I purchase a larger tent. I maybe throw a couple outdoor June 1 and run with 2 indoor 2 outdoor. I forgot to mention earlier that I’m running the Very Cherry strain from HSC. Going to run down to hydro store and see if they have some clip fans for purchase. Let me know whatcha think.
And....
While doing all this I gave the ladies some real sunlight 😁
79BD2FBB 59B2 4883 BBF6 E7A52C79E9BB

Happy growing!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
One last pic of it set back up and lights at correct distance. Will water tomorrow which will be fourth day.
looks good,
i still haven’t found a descent quality clip fan anywhere yet, they are all junk so far, probably better to get a slim! tower fan, the tallest, might cost ya a hundred or two..

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Day 17 and after popping holes in the pots and fixing up the tent, girls are perking up nicely. Will water tomorrow morning. Happy grows.

2A0AB990 D493 480B AD51 3ABF5477BABB
DE005B6A 69CE 4202 B6BF A777050F4852
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Day 20. Watered yesterday, soil was pretty much dry, all the way through. I feel they are moving along a bit slower and I think it is a direct connection to the temp being on the low end. I know this will slow their growth down significantly. Interested in way to raise temperature as we are dealing with a bit of a cold spell now. Recommendations for small heaters or DIY ways to bring up day time temp a bit. Thanks.
Burnz

Latest posts

Top Bottom