BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Update : end of Day 7 cool drying
Temps 65
RH 55
No dew point
Steady air movement, at the bottom of my closet.
- buds are still a bit moist to the touch, resinous but considerably dry. I definitely see them slowly drying out, it’s crazy.
- smaller bud stems do not snap yet but rather easily bend in half. 3 more days I think and they would snap.
- smell is there but not as punctual as before.
- still smell lemonene and Caryophyllene terpenes, which is a slice, peppery smell that comes with the hazes and kushs.
- I see this plant leaning heavily to the lemon kush pheno.

Can’t wait. Almost time for bag and tote cure time for another 10-14. Carry on.

And here is some 4 day cooled, 3rd day jarred bottom larf nugs. Haven’t smoked it yet, waiting for my buddy haha. No rush.
CAACA554 B012 436A 9435 1825404CB1B2

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

This just happened. I see some breeding projects in the near future. Ohhhh yeah.
With info overload in my brain I can't recall what lighting you used and am too lazy to scroll through any more HA! I remember you saying that you are going to add some supplement lighting. What did you finish with as far as your light?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
With info overload in my brain I can't recall what lighting you used and am too lazy to scroll through any more HA! I remember you saying that you are going to add some supplement lighting. What did you finish with as far as your light?
Finished grow with 240w kingbrite. 8th day drying. I bought 285w timber cobs that are currently running next to the kingbrite. Join us on the 2nd grow.

sambapati

sambapati

I
Update : end of Day 7 cool drying
Temps 65
RH 55
No dew point
Steady air movement, at the bottom of my closet.
- buds are still a bit moist to the touch, resinous but considerably dry. I definitely see them slowly drying out, it’s crazy.
- smaller bud stems do not snap yet but rather easily bend in half. 3 more days I think and they would snap.
- smell is there but not as punctual as before.
- still smell lemonene and Caryophyllene terpenes, which is a slice, peppery smell that comes with the hazes and kushs.
- I see this plant leaning heavily to the lemon kush pheno.

Can’t wait. Almost time for bag and tote cure time for another 10-14. Carry on.
View attachment 1005730
And here is some 4 day cooled, 3rd day jarred bottom larf nugs. Haven’t smoked it yet, waiting for my buddy (HO HO HO) I predict you have a lot of friends....LOL with these buds. I can smell them from here....Dankness

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
And into the bags they go. 8th day, some stems snapped, some folded. Overall most feel dry(ish) enough to the touch but still moist and resinous on the inside. Smoke report on the faster dried stuff tomorrow from my buddy, bright and early, first smoke of the day.
RH inside bag is holding steady 51-56%ish.

**edited
Those temps were from inside tent earlier not the bag. That room is steady 60-65 degrees. It just hasn’t reset. I put it in like 2 mins ago. Sorry for that mid information

FA01DDC8 958C 44A2 9372 60A8368C99A5
C0776624 B395 4FBF A2FD 513883036DF8
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
12th day drying. Some buds are starting to snap off, others are still bending. The smell is returning with vengeance. I love it. Started trimming, got through 3 smaller
Branches before the wife wanted to spend some time. Buds are wet, but the good wet. Resinous. 45 grams off 3 branches. I have about 35 more branches to go. Things are looking good. Check out the very Cherry.

9CE0372F BA21 4112 A0FE CB26D3C9F82F
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That stuff looks fantastic Burnz!! Be careful to make sure those buds dont sweat too much in that tote, 8 days seems kinda quick to be moving to the curing stage but I cant see or feel the buds, only you can. I'd be pulling them out every couple days to feel them up and make sure they arent too gooey so they dont mold on ya. But really nice looking harvest bud, well done.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
That stuff looks fantastic Burnz!! Be careful to make sure those buds dont sweat too much in that tote, 8 days seems kinda quick to be moving to the curing stage but I cant see or feel the buds, only you can. I'd be pulling them out every couple days to feel them up and make sure they arent too gooey so they dont mold on ya. But really nice looking harvest bud, well done.
Thanks brotha. I took your advice and moved to mason jars. There is still probably a plant worth still hang drying and another 20 branches to be jarred. This stuff seemed to dry faster, different side of closet. Still very much dry to the touch on the outside, but moist and sticky inside. Humidity holding 50-55 in jars.

sambapati

sambapati

"I love it when a plan comes together" Hannibal
Thanks brotha. I took your advice and moved to mason jars. There is still probably a plant worth still hang drying and another 20 branches to be jarred. This stuff seemed to dry faster, different side of closet. Still very much dry to the touch on the outside, but moist and sticky inside. Humidity holding 50-55 in jars.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
The more I look at lemon kush on leafly, it’s crazy how much the lemon kush pheno is showing in these genetics. Almost identical. Color of the buds, trichs, even the leafs look similar. I’ve still got another 2 layers of the mesh hang dryer thing to trim. Probably another 6 hours of trimming and jarring the rest. I’ve got to say, this may be a nice little haul for the first. Can’t weight (no pun intended🤣) to get my final dried weight. Another 7 days (ish) jarred and humidity inside jars should be around 55% after burping daily.

424873BB 02F9 453D AAB3 1A59B9C5E92A
sambapati

sambapati

The more I look at lemon kush on leafly, it’s crazy how much the lemon kush pheno is showing in these genetics. Almost identical. Color of the buds, trichs, even the leafs look similar. I’ve still got another 2 layers of the mesh hang dryer thing to trim. Probably another 6 hours of trimming and jarring the rest. I’ve got to say, this may be a nice little haul for the first. Can’t weight (no pun intended🤣) to get my final dried weight. Another 7 days (ish) jarred and humidity inside jars should be around 55% after burping daily.
You did good on the first rodeo.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welp, here it is:
27F5C531 A780 4893 ADD0 76AFA25FEC6D
E9F09929 17EB 4C7A A00D 2BD6CBD5BFF1

Two plants, under 240w of Chinese leds managed to get me 1 gpw on my first grow. Pretty satisfied. On top of that, the overall density, bud structure, smell, and bag appeal are overly satisfying for the first. With more light and less stress, I would have probably fetched 1.5gpw. I smoked some of the scissor hash and my heart is pumping, I love it.
These are things I struggled with last grow:
-mite and aphid infestation. Napped em both. It was tough and requires constant monitoring.
-root zone temperature issues which lead to slow growth in the beginning.
-overwatering
-heat issues in excess of 87+ in late flower but combatted it by properly managing my humidity according to VPD.
-amongst other things but overall smooth at the end.

This next grow I’m focusing on managing my environment, better climate, better humidities, and messing with temperatures late in flower. I’ve got plans for auto feed and coco within the next couple grows and this grow I’m sticking with coco, 3 gal fabs, dyna gro nutrients, and *cross fingers* another set of timber trio of daisies. I’ll be back with a smoke report once I get one from the patients. Until then, drool over this.
6D126EA9 D751 4D27 A3A9 9C4FEDE88F53
26D6F8A2 9992 4BEE A3A3 6BB84253054F

And below we have the OG Kush from Humboldt Seed Company 2nd day of Veg and the Very Cherry from Humboldt Seed Company popped 2/28/2020 harvested 7/19/2020.
12B56E93 D0FB 4169 BAB4 862182CBA696

Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to follow the 2nd grow over here:

sambapati

sambapati

Welp, here it is:
View attachment 1011869View attachment 1011868
You mentioned playing with temperatures later in the flowering stage....I've read that raising the temps makes the plants better producers. There is also the curious practice of partially cutting the buds during the last several days and the 2 day no light at flip time and again at the end. There are also advocates for honey/molasses being given. In looking at the FAQs I don't see here a 'best practices' section culled from the best advice. Good that you are detailing the finishing stage. Newbies like me can take what we need to know from the process. Constant vigilance against bugs and molds seem to ring out in almost every 'budding' story on the site. Prevent defense against those threats also very helpful....thanks for taking the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom