First Timer / First Crop

• Thread starter TALLDOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TALLDOG

TALLDOG

Posted some info on the "introduce yourself thread"... and received big welcome and good advice. Followed some and some I didn't... not because I'm smarter than you but.... Ok.. Ok.. i think I'm smarter... but I do appreciate any advice, and all kidding aside... I try to follow your advice.

The box is a BC Northern Lights "Producer".
I got it with tons of noots, additional lights, timers, baskets, CO2 tank, dryer, and the list goes on... I'm a lucky guy. I got the whole works for $250. Going outta business sale.

Seedlings popped out of the rock wool on July 1. Now I'm just beginning (today) my second week of bloom. I snapped some photos and was wondering if you folks could tell me if you see any males.?? Ok maybe I'm not smarter than you! : )

I am using the following Noots and maintaining the following numbers:

Noots:
Advance Nutrients:
Grow and Bloom A&B... now using bloom. Just added 2nd week formula.
Carbo load
Tarantula
Voodoo Juice
Big Bud
Bud Candy
Sweet Leaf
Will start B-52 Next week
Overdrive (eventually)
and Final Phase for the last 10 days...
hey that rhymes... :)

Have been reading up on Jack's on your site (Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients)... and will switch over when I run outta the stuff that came with the kit. Heck... this stuff is more expensive than bottled water !!.

Added Noot Manual for the chems I'm using.

Climate Control:
Early on .. I had difficulties maintaining temp and humidity.
Issues were ... very hot outside during the day... High humidity and now I was chasing an 18/6 hour (MH) light schedule ... it was like having 4 balls in the air when you juggle. Good advice from this site was to go to a 24 hour light schedule, and I just maintain my room with AC. Thanks for the advice, as this really helped me stabilize my temp. Although it was still a 12 degree spread, it was much closer than where I started ... "Almost 25 degree spread" when on the 18/6 schedule.

Now I'm on 12/12... (HPS) and have adjusted ducting to maintain temp even better.

GROW: Maintained Temp between 69* and 81* for 4 weeks. Humidity was erratic at first but when I went to 24 hrs... It was between 38% and 70%.
Added open cups of water to the area to boost overall humidity in the box.... Not sure if it worked, but it made me feel better... and really... that's what it's all about... "me feeling better".

BLOOM: Temps are now between 73* and 78*. Humidity is 40% to 55%.
Without any open cups of water... or added humidity.

I do chase PH. I'm on well water, and believe it to be coming from limestone.
It starts out at 8.2 I adjust it to 5.8 and two days later I'm looking at 7.2. I readjust and have seen no ill effects. … but after reading some of your posts… it seems you might want your PH to cycle a little so your broccoli picks up all the nutrients??

Have been reading you site and have gleaned numerous great ideas and a couple of holy shit ideas. Thanks for your help and advice.

Take a look at the photos, and give me any feedback you feel necessary. If you have questions... please ask... as I'm sure I forgot some piece of info.

Tell me if you see any males... and ref the photo # if possibleView attachment 332862View attachment 332863View attachment 332864View attachment 332865View attachment 332866View attachment 332867View attachment 332868View attachment 332869View attachment 332870View attachment 332871View attachment 332872View attachment 332873View attachment 332874View attachment 332875

View attachment nutrientManual.pdf
L

leafmold

Sexing these plants is very easy. Look up some pics. Or female will have a pistol or hair. Male will be more of a ball type shape with no hair. If a plant has both its a hermaphodite. Look at the junction where branches meet.

TALLDOG

TALLDOG

I don't see the photos I posted, and it says there is an error when I click on any of the files above... (not counting the pdf file). any ideas?

Top Bottom