First timer-hydroponics grow in cabinet

• Thread starter PeregrineRefuge8281
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

New set up after 48hr H2O2 bath. I topped her this morning after the transfer to the new res with light nutes.

5.81 PH
.9ec/450 PPM
Using general hydroponics, 10part light feed column and even a little less than that.
IMG 2999

IMG 2997

PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

Day 35 of veg.
5.8ph
450 ppm
Day 77° F % 35% RH
Night 66°F 25% RH
Keeping her dry and easy going.
IMG 3008 Copy
IMG 3009 Copy

PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

Are my leaves in need of more pruning? I assume I have to leave the four remaining fan leaves or should I remove those to redirect energy to the flowers? I began the LST using two rubber garden wires but there is still overlap.
IMG 3237

IMG 3236

PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

Day 46.
Day 73°F 58% RH
Night 67° 48% RH
6.3 PH
550 PPM

I topped her again this am.

Her fan leaves up top were overlapping and touching. She is getting droopy toward the end of the day and perks up in the morning. Must be normal.

Her roots look like shit but she is doing okay still.

I noticed her leaves under the top are mangy, tacoed, and stringy. My RO system is tweaking and may be the reason for the deformities. I’m going to let her rest for several days.

Before:
IMG 3256

After:
IMG 3274

IMG 3275

I raised the light a bit and settled at 600 PPFD.

Now I wait.

ACSippi

ACSippi

Don’t buy this cabinet from Super Closets.
Here’s a picture with my room lights off. The doors have a rubber seal that clearly doesn’t work. Lmao!🤣
I've grown in similar, it's difficult to mod things to block all light. Even when you spend time delicately adding foam tape or whatever there's always a crack lol.

Are you looking to block light for stealth or for flowering? If it's just for flowering your current cabinet will be fine as is, even with the janky seal. Thats not ideal so I'd suggest using a black shower curtain to hang over the door. Or maybe get in there and redo the seal. The shower curtain alone will get you golden tho.

Even if you still see light from the outside it's not strong enough going inside. You probably got 500w inside the cabinet blazing through cracks and 100w on the outside lighting the rest of the room. That 100w bulb in your ceiling ain't penetrating the cracks too well.

You don't have to block 100% of the light, it's just better when you get as close as you can. Plants need direct light to grow, enough light that wakes them up enough to grow. Cracks isn't enough light. Just don't be that guy with 100 pieces of electrical tape stuck to the inside of your tent. It's not that serious. 🤣

PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

I've grown in similar, it's difficult to mod things to block all light. Even when you spend time delicately adding foam tape or whatever there's always a crack lol.

Are you looking to block light for stealth or for flowering? If it's just for flowering your current cabinet will be fine as is, even with the janky seal. Thats not ideal so I'd suggest using a black shower curtain to hang over the door. Or maybe get in there and redo the seal. The shower curtain alone will get you golden tho.

Even if you still see light from the outside it's not strong enough going inside. You probably got 500w inside the cabinet blazing through cracks and 100w on the outside lighting the rest of the room. That 100w bulb in your ceiling ain't penetrating the cracks too well.

You don't have to block 100% of the light, it's just better when you get as close as you can. Plants need direct light to grow, enough light that wakes them up enough to grow. Cracks isn't enough light. Just don't be that guy with 100 pieces of electrical tape stuck to the inside of your tent. It's not that serious. 🤣
Thanks for the info! I wasn’t sure how much light is bad from the outside the cabinet was bad, but yeah that friggin cabinet is not discreet. “Hey dad, why is your closet humming all of a sudden and why is it glowing?” Hahahahha stfu and get outta here kid!

I use the cabinet for storing nutrients now. It was too small and restrictive so I just got a tent, much easier to maintain cleanliness and environment in my opinion.

PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

Good morning. Just checking in to drop a selfie:
IMG 3313

IMG 3314

I reduced the water level and will monitor. My air pump is maxed and I have four 5” air stones. I raised my light a bit to settle her at around 550 PPFD. I’d like her to stretch a little more so I can start bending her branches over.

PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

She’s looking happy do you think it’s because you have added more air?
Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, I think it’s a combination of more air, more distance from the bottom of the net cup to the water (3-4”).

Initially, I used too heavy a concentration of nutes. This plant seems very fickle. Her leaves curl and twist at the slightest environmental shift.

ACSippi

ACSippi

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, I think it’s a combination of more air, more distance from the bottom of the net cup to the water (3-4”).

Initially, I used too heavy a concentration of nutes. This plant seems very fickle. Her leaves curl and twist at the slightest environmental shift.
Your plant isn't looking too great but on the other hand maybe it's better now? Hard to tell by the new growth. Make sure to check back in a couple days and bring good pics of the new growth, not zoomed in but maybe 10" away.

Could you tell us exactly how you make your nutrient solution? I'm not looking for ppm #s just how much of each you're adding. What else are you adding?

How are you testing PH?

Afaic you have a good setup and should be rocking! We'll get you sorted out if you're not already. Tag me so I don't miss your update!

PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

Good morning. Ignore the two hygrometers. I’m at about 58% during the day.

IMG 3338

IMG 3337

IMG 3335

IMG 3334

IMG 3333

Feed

Shake the bloom and rapid start.

Then put the nutrients in this order
1. Bloom silica 1-2 ml/gallons. Mix it well and gently. Use the bamboo stick. Wait about an hour and then give it another stir.

2. Then use cal/magic. Follow the feed chart for how much/gallon

3. Give it another stir.

4. Start with flora micro feed 2.5 for aggressive feed

5. Flora grow 1.9/gal

6. Flora bloom

7. Diamond nectar

8. Then it’s floralicious

9. Hydro guard

10. Now it’s time to mix it and check the PH and adjust the EC.

11. Let it sit for about 5 min and then take another EC and PH reading

12. Rapid start 1ml/gallon

Mix it make sure ph and EC are gtg and that’s it.

I use the first column and try to go under the recommended dose.
IMG 3340

PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

Day 50. Gentle LST Res change and increased to 815 PPMs. I’ll BOLO for nite tox. Her roots look like a brown mess of shit but I’m blaming the GH nutes. Especially that Flora Micro and Floralocious. Dyes everything dark brown.
IMG 3422

IMG 3424

IMG 3423

Top Bottom