First Timer Needing A Little Help :)

• Thread starter BobDpirate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

my understanding of a flush is a period of time--two weeks or so--during which you give the plant only water.
and uh yea, i'm backing up oldskol4evr--soil can not be flushed. that should be obvious--oldskol4evr is being much nicer on that point than me by simply presenting the facts.
right it wont happen ,and if you do,you just thought you had a problem hahahah

SinCity

SinCity

Here are a couple of pix of the whole plant. I've switched to water only for about a week now. I didn't do a flush since I wasn't sure if it works with amended soil! Not sure if it is apparent in the pix but there are new pistils coming out!!!

i actually want to apologize. i never want anyone to feel picked on for not knowing something. i was fresh from a fight about strains.

oh, and please note my demonstration of the frequent phenomenon of people being wrong--and that you should be the final judge. in my previous post when you first showed up and showed us that close up picture, the trichomes were amber enough for me from that view, so i said only do a three-day flush. then when i saw the picture from further away, it wasn't as ripe as i thought. so, don't take anybody's word as gospel.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Here are a couple of pix of the whole plant. I've switched to water only for about a week now. I didn't do a flush since I wasn't sure if it works with amended soil! Not sure if it is apparent in the pix but there are new pistils coming out!!!
by the way forgot to add grow looks great

B

BobDpirate

The girl is looking great, kinda! There are 3 or 4 leaves turning yellow every day or so and I pluck them as they get to be more than half yellow. I think the end is near since I'm into week 11 of flowering. I got a couple of issues that could use some input:
1) I've been on plain water for 2 weeks and the way things look I got 2+weeks to go. Should I give some Fox Farms Big Bloom for a couple of cycles!?
2) Has anyone heard of Sativa trichomes never changing to amber/brown!?
3) Should I just harvest her at some point!?
4) Any thoughts on bag drying?

TIA

SinCity

SinCity

The girl is looking great, kinda! There are 3 or 4 leaves turning yellow every day or so and I pluck them as they get to be more than half yellow. I think the end is near since I'm into week 11 of flowering. I got a couple of issues that could use some input:
1) I've been on plain water for 2 weeks and the way things look I got 2+weeks to go. Should I give some Fox Farms Big Bloom for a couple of cycles!?
2) Has anyone heard of Sativa trichomes never changing to amber/brown!?
3) Should I just harvest her at some point!?
4) Any thoughts on bag drying?

TIA

there are many who have done hydro more recently and thus will be better guides on much of this, but i for one vote for keeping the flush clean. once you've gone just water i say don't go back--unless you're still far from ripe. weren't you close to harvest? SEND SOMEONE ON THE FORUM MORE PIX FOR HELP DECIDING WHEN TO HARVEST.
re curing--READ ALL THE EXCELLENT INFO ON THIS SITE. from my experience, cutting at the base of the larger arms and hanging them on string strung across your room (not too high a temp and and not too much humidity)--that's what i've always seen and done. curing can be tricky--what i've always been taught and what's worked for me is to keep them hanging until the smaller stems snap--not just bend. BUT YOU ARE NOT DONE WHEN THIS HAPPENS. people have different ideas about when to trim, but i like to do it once i take them off the string. then you can break down the stalks (taking the buds off the larger stems). then i put them in gallon bags or turkey bags and ALTERNATE BETWEEN KEEPING THE BAGS CLOSED AND OPEN--WHAT YOU WILL SEE IS THAT CLOSING THE BAGS ALLOWS WATER TO 'SWEAT' OUT OF THE BUDS. AND OPENING THE BAGS CONTINUES THEM DRYING. IT'S IN THE BACK AND FORTH=--

Again, go with a staff member or moderator's advice--they can stick with you through the whole thing and generally know more too :)

i just didn't want you hanging :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom