First UC grow!

• Thread starter GeneticFreak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GeneticFreak

These are from a few days ago. Almost done with test and got all leaks fixed. Gonna run 48 hrs and see how things go.

ttystikk

ttystikk

nice lookin' room so far. Interested in more info about CO2 augmentation/control (yes, I know you're using your waterheater, but that's kinda random), room temp control, nutrients, etc. Is this your first run?

G

GeneticFreak

nice lookin' room so far. Interested in more info about CO2 augmentation/control (yes, I know you're using your waterheater, but that's kinda random), room temp control, nutrients, etc. Is this your first run?

Actually I'm not using just the water heater alone. I'm gonna run a passive system on a timer. Where I will have an intake with a filter and dampner and an 8" vortex/filter exhausting at 3 to 4 hour intervals while the lights are on. This will provide fresh air and fresh co2. Oh and I will either runaway my burner or some bottles and a controller.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
It helps to support the 90 degree elbows at the corner of the manifolds also, be sure to use the support that comes with the kit for the center T on the manifold as well..

The 9" airstone setup is a little tricky, turn the fitting so the long side of the T is up and down with the bottom capped end sittin on the floor, basically prying against the floor when the air is on and the airstone is trying to float up and screw up the seal at the neck..

Tex

G

GeneticFreak

It helps to support the 90 degree elbows at the corner of the manifolds also, be sure to use the support that comes with the kit for the center T on the manifold as well..

The 9" airstone setup is a little tricky, turn the fitting so the long side of the T is up and down with the bottom capped end sittin on the floor, basically prying against the floor when the air is on and the airstone is trying to float up and screw up the seal at the neck..

Tex

I put the two supports that were provided at the manifold opposite of the epi. Should I use one down there and one at the epi?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Can not have to much support IMO, a 3" tube full of water is really pretty damn heavy, especially when all the wieght is just resting on the uniseals..

I cut a bunch of spacers to the right hieght out of the 3" pvc

Tex

G

GeneticFreak

Update on my progress! Still need to clean and organize. Also install co2 bottles and dehumidifiers.

2011 11 25 20 18 31 779
2011 11 25 20 18 43 709
2011 11 25 20 18 47 363
2011 11 25 20 19 02 612
2011 11 25 20 19 14 576
H

hogan400

I dig that utility sink. I was gonna put one in my garage and have my pond liner drain drop into it but im kinda over doing work right now... I see ur burning the midnight oil tonight too. Ur room is looking good! when using ur carbon fan INTO carbon fan for scrubbing do you notice a difference? Also is it quiet?

G

GeneticFreak

Actually those are mufflers and yes theres a huge difference in noise. The one that hangs is exhausting directly towards me neighbors house so I hope it does the trick. It will only exhaust the room 3 to 44 times a day to bring in o2 for my air stones. The other filter will be on constantly. Growing Deathstar and from what I've read its a pretty funky stain. Im trying to figure out if I need more air stones in my buckets. Just doesn't seem like enough air to me. But I've never use dwc or uc before.

H

hogan400

I could see one was a muffler but the other knida looked like a double scrubber. I never used a muffler before. I use the max fan 10" on everything I do, I get a good deal on em, and they are really quiet. There are a lot of studies out there for air stones in aquatic and r/dwc use. In the cc system D.O. is already high because of high flow. The factory air stone is all you need. Check ur pump to make sure there are no blockages if it seems weak. I found plastic and styro in pumps before. Although im sure the alita pumps are packed pretty wel, but you never know//

G

GeneticFreak

Definitely going to have to close off the water heater. 3200 ppm after a good shower. Im going to close it off and vent it to the outside of the garage tomorrow. Other than that temps have been a consistent 77F lights on 68F off. RH 35% - 45%. Some roots are starting to show through and the system is bangin! Gonna provide some great meds!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Dope setup GeneticFreak! Good luck on your first UC run... :cool

G

growgrow

Yo GF..... I noticed that you mentioned you need to install a dehuey..... but you also just mentioned that your RH is between 35 and 45.... thats about where mine stays and i feel its too low (not that ive noticed any problems with mine being that low) but i've read that it can be an issue... have you noticed any issues from that? why do u feel u need a dehuey? Nice setup btw we run similar setups...

GROW!

Top Bottom