First UC grow!

• Thread starter GeneticFreak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hogan400

GF,
the tiny scale at the bottom left of a post....click on it and you can thank and give +rep. I didnt see it til someone pointed it out to me as well.

hows the ladies lookin?
I am dropping my cal mag to 1/5 ml to 1ml to see how my plants respond. Today I was told to lower it, dmaster has decent amounts of it already and cal mag in excess even if minor can be an issue too.

D

DreaminBig1207

Damn DreaminBig1207... That's a clean UC setup and happy girls you got there! Hope to see you post up a grow thread or at least some eye candy as things progress... :cool

Thx man I posted a thread last summer, that pick was 2 chops ago. It pulled 9lbs under 6k and then 8lbs under 4k last run on 2 week veg.

Keep it simple GF, the UC is great just keep at it. All the new growth on top looks good. They will blow up in a week or 2.

G

GeneticFreak

So I was able to get most of the buckets wrapped and the top off res is almost done. I cut the whole 1/16 too big for the 1 1/4" uniseal. Luckily I have an extra 55 gallon tank. I'll post progress pics tomorrow. Oh and for those who may read this down the road or anyone following. The 25' roll of bubble wrap type of insulation from lowes covers 5 13 gal buckets exactly (buckets only).

H

hogan400

DB1207, seen ur thread and dig your room. super clean, those 2 scrubbers work ok for ya?

GF
Go to an aquarium shop and get a 3/4" bulkhead, the hole can be 1/16" too big and it will fit perfect bro! just make sure its threadxthred and you can adapt it directly to the uc rez adapter. no problem, no leak, mang.

G

GeneticFreak

GF,
the tiny scale at the bottom left of a post....click on it and you can thank and give +rep. I didnt see it til someone pointed it out to me as well.

hows the ladies lookin?
I am dropping my cal mag to 1/5 ml to 1ml to see how my plants respond. Today I was told to lower it, dmaster has decent amounts of it already and cal mag in excess even if minor can be an issue too.

I just saw this. Things are looking god. I turned on the 6k last night and they are still standing and doing ok. I'm using h&g and the N is very low so I upped my calmg to 2ml/gal. My plants definately looked deficient to me.

G

GeneticFreak

Thx man I posted a thread last summer, that pick was 2 chops ago. It pulled 9lbs under 6k and then 8lbs under 4k last run on 2 week veg.

Keep it simple GF, the UC is great just keep at it. All the new growth on top looks good. They will blow up in a week or 2.

Thanks and I'll follow that advice! Also your pullin very good numbers and your rooms look great! Thanks for chimin in on this much appreciated!

G

GeneticFreak

DB1207, seen ur thread and dig your room. super clean, those 2 scrubbers work ok for ya?

GF
Go to an aquarium shop and get a 3/4" bulkhead, the hole can be 1/16" too big and it will fit perfect bro! just make sure its threadxthred and you can adapt it directly to the uc rez adapter. no problem, no leak, mang.

Thanks I'll go grab one! Thanks bro!

G

GeneticFreak

Things are looking a lot better lately. Especially after adding top off res. Im currently @ 330 ppm and stable ph 5.8 ec .5 water temps 66.5F
They look like they want more so im running the top off res higher ppm.

2011 12 30 19 46 07 233
2011 12 30 19 45 49 712
GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Hey brother... are you running CO2? If so you might want to have the air pumps outside the room as I believe they pull the air from the room they are in and put that in the water. So that whould mean they are getting a boost of co2 to the roots. Nice set up brother. Wishing you and yours the best for the new year.

G

GeneticFreak

Hey brother... are you running CO2? If so you might want to have the air pumps outside the room as I believe they pull the air from the room they are in and put that in the water. So that whould mean they are getting a boost of co2 to the roots. Nice set up brother. Wishing you and yours the best for the new year.

Happy New Years to you GanjaA and all the Farmers! Yesterday I added epsom salt because I noticed an increase in what looked like mg def. Well it just got worse. Leaves looked to be drying and the overall appearance looked worse. So I did a full change out with just 5.5 ml a&b house n garden base. That brought them from 330ppm to 620ppm and they are standing upright looking like productive plants at last. The only problem is that they are light green. I'll give them a couple days and hope they green up.
GF

G

GeneticFreak

Humidifier #2 and I'm still in the high 30's? How can I get my rh up to 65%?
I picked up a 14 gallon unit from lowes and its just not getting me there. I have 4 tons of mini split ac's going and they seem to be sucking the water out of the air very quickly. Should I vent my hoods so the ac's don't pull so much water out? Please help I'm going on 6 weeks veg and they are not bushes yet. Everything else is on point. It has to be the humidity.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
If you can, I would not use all 6K for veg... IMO, I would use half that, and if your humidifier isn't working at that point, I'd vent the hoods and reduce the AC, until the girls bush out... Once they bush out in veg, your humidity should increase due to the increased transpiration... :thinking

H

hogan400

shady said it,
I threw an answer on my thread too, but I would turn off a couple lights also, get out your sprayer, spray clean warm fresh water like a fucking mad man on the floor, sites, epicenter, pvc ...etc. It'll raise r.h now! Dont worry about it being too high. Do it 3-5 times a day. Just be safe to not spray water on anything that can cause a fire...

clean flip flops, a joint, a man and his sprayer....:smoke

G

GeneticFreak

Man one thing after another! So for the past week i've noticed my ac lines freezing and water on the floor. Today the water was worse, so I ran my hand along the bottom of the line and it was oily. Which means possible freon leak! So I shut that one down till I can get my ac guy in there to fix the leak or whatever the problem is.
84*F -87*F 55% RH.
Im thinking about flipping them early just to get this grow over with and move on to the next. 70 day strain with a way to long of a veg.

H

hogan400

Once my floors were shaded and lids covered I didnt need my second a.c. hope its not an issue for you! Mine was doing the same thing and I found the drain lines had to be perfect!! flat, smooth with a slight bend and straight out, otherwise they dripped and leaked everywhere!

G

GeneticFreak

Once my floors were shaded and lids covered I didnt need my second a.c. hope its not an issue for you! Mine was doing the same thing and I found the drain lines had to be perfect!! flat, smooth with a slight bend and straight out, otherwise they dripped and leaked everywhere!

If it was just water it wouldn't be such a concern but the fact that the lines are icing over is an indication that there's a problem. Plus the one ac that's working was put further away from the plants on accident so it takes a lot to get the air over to the warmer side of the garden. My guy is supposed to come by tonight and take a look. I just hope that he can fix this because I can't go into flowering with little to no control of temps. What's funny is that the plants look better than ever in this heat. I also raised my ph to 6.0 to 6.2 range and started co2 @1200 ppm. Things look real good but I need control of the environment. Ill post progress and early flower pics soon.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Dang... Hope you get the AC issues resolved gf... :shake

G

GeneticFreak

Thanks Shady I did! It had a small leak but I think we fixed it. Had to pay for a couple pounds of freon but its cool. Actually things are starting to look really good. I stopped venting the room for the most part and the plants are thriving due to the extra rh. They're drinking about 5to10 gals a day ppm,ec, and ph is very steady. I have my top off res filled with ro and nutes and that's working real well. I'm going to up the nutes (850 to 950) tomorrow and turn on the co2 (600ppm).

Top Bottom