Fish Shit in combination with beneficial bacterias?

• Thread starter SunriseSkunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just to add that there will be a microbe war so mixing a million products will have little benefit as one species will out compete the others. This is where companies like RAW have and continue to invest in research to find species that play nice with one another.

fish shit is good, orca is good, raw is good and many many more. In hydro all i concern myself with is bacillus amyloliquefaciens Like defgaurd or hydrogaurd and this grow orca. But in a media based grow i go for a more diverse myco and bacillus based product

S

Stonemason7767

So microbes for soil and hydro usually differ. The mycos arent suited to hydro. In coco soil type myco work great.

for plant health and resistance to fungal and bacterial infections or treatments you want a source of bacillus amyloliquefaciens , it has been used for many years in agriculture for a very broad coverage.

trichoderma are another benefit if growing in a media like coco.

the other may help in nutrient availability and uptake but those are the 2 i like to see if growing in coco.

bacillus amyloliquefaciens is used in any media from aeroponic to soil
That's super informative.do they react well to synthetic nutients that are sometimes used in coco grows?thanks

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

Hey gang, first time posting here. Nice to be here :)

So we've been growing using fish shit. Using autopot system - so essentially hydro.

By all accounts plants always do well. We've also used beneficial bacterias together with the FS before we used Orca liquid Mycos, and now are trying out Tribus.

Unfortunately we're not too educated on the science-y end of these products and wondering if we should be even using both of them together at all haha or have we essentially pissed away the $ we spent on the FS. (Reason we're asking is we're about to run out of it and of course you all know this product - or any bennies - are expensive. Really could use a few extra bucks right now, but if it does truly give us an extra edge in combination with other bennies then we'll continue to use it no problemo).

Thanks in advance for everyone's time, opinion and consideration.

Warmest Regards,

SS
I used fish shit. I was not super impressed.

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

I only run synthetic but fish shit is better suited to organics
True that. I run a mix of organic and synthetic. Kelp, and just got a bottle of aminos from house and garden for 30 bucks. 250ml. You use 1ml per gallon. It's usually 75 bucks. It's a lot more than aminos. It's made from seeds. I think alfalfa seeds. But can't be 100%

ninjadip

ninjadip

So microbes for soil and hydro usually differ. The mycos arent suited to hydro. In coco soil type myco work great.

for plant health and resistance to fungal and bacterial infections or treatments you want a source of bacillus amyloliquefaciens , it has been used for many years in agriculture for a very broad coverage.

trichoderma are another benefit if growing in a media like coco.

the other may help in nutrient availability and uptake but those are the 2 i like to see if growing in coco.

bacillus amyloliquefaciens is used in any media from aeroponic to soil
If anyone is looking for the above in a search, i want to add that @Aqua Man is right, not that i would doubt him, just didn't see this before i tried, and learned.

I bought a bag of this stuff TPS Billions(trichoderma, mycorrhizae, beneficial bacteria(like amyloliquefaciens + more). I thought well it has the the one beneficial bacteria I was looking for in hydro, plus some other stuff, and it said "works with hydro"..... So long story short, it was very active the first two weeks after i opened the bag. Then i think it has lost its effectiveness, or activity somehow in the bag, as continued reapplications at res changes did not appear to do anything, and i was getting some unwanted root issues. I liked Southern AG better, my first grow, i used it once or twice and it lasted the whole grow. But the roots weren't as white and healthy appearing as I wanted them to be at the end, but no root rot/slime.

yeah, so i agree that the microbes are not practical in a hydro application, nor is a powder medium the most ideal carrier of bacillus amyloliquefaciens

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I like to use a low dose of fish shit a couple times, recharge a couple times and great white in transplant. I've tried mammoth p and it makes them frosty but can cause weirdness if mixed with the others. I grow like 2 plants and dose each one maybe 2x with each one MAX so they Last me a long time.

Top Bottom