Fitst Time Grow.. Auto Or Regular Seeds?

• Thread starter TheFunkyMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheFunkyMan

TheFunkyMan

I can't decide! Thinking of getting the lighthouse Max 0.5/1.0/1.8m tent and running a Mars Hydro 300. Only want to grow two plants Max right now, see how I get on. Looking at grown northern lights strain and Looking into getting Canna Coco and 3 gallon Smart Pots? Expert help would be appreciated guys, like I said, this is my first grow and I'm not bothered about beast yields , I just want some nice organic ganja for personal smoke :) cheers

Cappah

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

You seem to have done some homework before asking,, that's a good thing..
3 gal. pots with coco coir can give you some large plants.. :)
The Mars light will work but you can buy better lights.. I'm not the guy to ask though..
Others will chime in with knowledge for you.. I wish you well with the grow..

TheFunkyMan

TheFunkyMan

You seem to have done some homework before asking,, that's a good thing..
3 gal. pots with coco coir can give you some large plants.. :)
The Mars light will work but you can buy better lights.. I'm not the guy to ask though..
Others will chime in with knowledge for you.. I wish you well with the grow..
Thanks for dropping through brother! and yeah I've been doing my research before diving into it all. Exciting stuff indeed. And yeah I will probably end up upgrading my lights once I finish a grow or two and save up a bit of cheddar. But for now I think these will do that job...well I hope lol

Peace

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

I've never really done auto, but there are tons of folks here who have and luv them. @Midwestjay is one I know, with lots auto experience. My vote would be regular, it's just my personal choice when ever possible. Some strains don't come fem/ vice~versa . Though feminized might be even better , less hassle 4 u since your 1st time.

Can't go wrong with NL at all, good choice. I'd get RedEyed Genetics = NLbx1, and go bonkers with it! Cheers!:smoking:

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

@NCascadeSolo thanks for the nod. And feel free to ask any questions about autos. I'm not a pro buy been growing them about 5 years. Don't let anybody talk you out of them because of size or anything. Good luck with your grow man

don't mention it brother! ur welcome, I'll be coming to you @ some point when I try some autos, so be warned. :smoking:

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Here's a Dinafem auto Og in 10gal dwc
Received 1192345177456380
, 63 days old today. I'm guessing it'll be in the 200g range. It's an 80 day strain. That's a 7' tall tent, 4' wide 2' deep.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

don't mention it brother! ur welcome, I'll be coming to you @ some point when I try some autos, so be warned. :smoking:
I'm happy to help. They have always had this bad wrap but they have some really good benefits. And easy to add another plant whenever because same light cycle. And potency is right up there with most photos to. I've never had mine tested but it gets me as high as most photos.

TheFunkyMan

TheFunkyMan

Here's a Dinafem auto Og in 10gal dwcView attachment 593167 , 63 days old today. I'm guessing it'll be in the 200g range. It's an 80 day strain. That's a 7' tall tent, 4' wide 2' deep.
Nice plant my man! What strain is that? And what lights are you using? I'm swaying more towards auto for my first grow, I hear good things about the NL autos. Thanks for dropping through man.

One love!

TheFunkyMan

TheFunkyMan

I've never really done auto, but there are tons of folks here who have and luv them. @Midwestjay is one I know, with lots auto experience. My vote would be regular, it's just my personal choice when ever possible. Some strains don't come fem/ vice~versa . Though feminized might be even better , less hassle 4 u since your 1st time.

Can't go wrong with NL at all, good choice. I'd get RedEyed Genetics = NLbx1, and go bonkers with it! Cheers!:smoking:
Appreciate the

Appreciate the knowledge my man! Thank you. I'll try to find them seeds online and look into it man. Cheers!

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Nice plant my man! What strain is that? And what lights are you using? I'm swaying more towards auto for my first grow, I hear good things about the NL autos. Thanks for dropping through man.

One love!
thanks man, Dinafem Og auto. It's a Og x haze auto.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Stay away from the Leds waste of money imo. They don't penetrate enough and their footprint is no bigger than the panel itself. The technology just isn't there. If I were you I'd try to find some clones if your in a medical state. The auto don't trail much unless your doing like ole boy up there and putting it as a stand alone plant in a 10 gal dwc. I mean if that was a sour diesel instead we wouldn't be talking a qp we would be talking elbows. Must people are lucky to get 2oz off an auto. Unles you have unlimite space and money to drop in single light single plant operations.

north knect

north knect

Stay away from the Leds waste of money imo. They don't penetrate enough and their footprint is no bigger than the panel itself. The technology just isn't there. If I were you I'd try to find some clones if your in a medical state. The auto don't trail much unless your doing like ole boy up there and putting it as a stand alone plant in a 10 gal dwc. I mean if that was a sour diesel instead we wouldn't be talking a qp we would be talking elbows. Must people are lucky to get 2oz off an auto. Unles you have unlimite space and money to drop in single light single plant operations.
It is his first grow lol..don't thinknhe expecting to be pulling "elbows" off his first run..i think autos are a great idea..i do think u would want two 300 watt led tho..that's what i run while i tinker indoors during the winter in the ole closet lol..heres a pic..i can pull about 7oz every 65 days

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I'd recommend a 12bulb 4' t5. You can pull 100-200g off one auto in dwc under one start to finish. They don't penetrate that deep but they do penetrate. Got pics to prove if you need. Nothing beats hps for flower tho. And the leds and t5 are still hot. Really hps is not that much hotter than t5. I don't have led experience so I can't speak on them. And actually a hps in a cool tube can be a lot cooler than a t5.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

It is his first grow lol..don't thinknhe expecting to be pulling "elbows" off his first run..i think autos are a great idea..i do think u would want two 300 watt led tho..that's what i run while i tinker indoors during the winter in the ole closet lol..heres a pic..i can pull about 7oz every 65 days View attachment 593246

Pretty sweet 7oz off dry? off of 3 autos? I must be doing something wrong. I'm going to just run the leds this summer I'm about to take down some girls soon.

TheFunkyMan

TheFunkyMan

It is his first grow lol..don't thinknhe expecting to be pulling "elbows" off his first run..i think autos are a great idea..i do think u would want two 300 watt led tho..that's what i run while i tinker indoors during the winter in the ole closet lol..heres a pic..i can pull about 7oz every 65 days View attachment 593246
Nice one! Sweet grow chief. And nah lol I'll be buzzing with whatever I harvest! I'm really gonna put love into these little beauts, staying away from chemicals that boost yield and all that shit. This is the reason I'm growing! Sick of buying weed from shit growers. I live in the UK and most grows are rough as fuck in dingy council houses. Fuck that...I've decided I'm growing my own product now..

Top Bottom