Fitst Time Grow.. Auto Or Regular Seeds?

• Thread starter TheFunkyMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheFunkyMan

TheFunkyMan

Stay away from the Leds waste of money imo. They don't penetrate enough and their footprint is no bigger than the panel itself. The technology just isn't there. If I were you I'd try to find some clones if your in a medical state. The auto don't trail much unless your doing like ole boy up there and putting it as a stand alone plant in a 10 gal dwc. I mean if that was a sour diesel instead we wouldn't be talking a qp we would be talking elbows. Must people are lucky to get 2oz off an auto. Unles you have unlimite space and money to drop in single light single plant operations.
I'm still open to HID, this was my original plan, but I got this LED super cheap! So even if I just use the 300 for veg and switch to HID for flowering? Open to ideas man, like is said its my first grow, so I'm here to learn from dudes like yourself. Peace bro

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Idk how hard it is to aquire materials like a 4ft 8 bulb t5 panel. They don't put off as much heat at a hid I think the penetration is better but if an led is what your working with then it will have to do. The hid puts out a lot of heat so ventilation is a must. If your just gonna do like 2 or 3 plants then ya you could probably get away with leds with autos. I wouldn't recommend them with regular seeds.

TheFunkyMan

TheFunkyMan

I'd recommend a 12bulb 4' t5. You can pull 100-200g off one auto in dwc under one start to finish. They don't penetrate that deep but they do penetrate. Got pics to prove if you need. Nothing beats hps for flower tho. And the leds and t5 are still hot. Really hps is not that much hotter than t5. I don't have led experience so I can't speak on them. And actually a hps in a cool tube can be a lot cooler than a t5.
Appreciate the knowledge my man, I'm going to look into them seeds for sure.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Idk how hard it is to aquire materials like a 4ft 8 bulb t5 panel. They don't put off as much heat at a hid I think the penetration is better but if an led is what your working with then it will have to do. The hid puts out a lot of heat so ventilation is a must. If your just gonna do like 2 or 3 plants then ya you could probably get away with leds with autos. I wouldn't recommend them with regular seeds.
Autos need as much light as possible to get big before they start flowering. My 4' 12 bulb t5 dud a great job just not as gia as I wanted. But it runs 95-105℉. And it's gotta be close to the plants. I keep mine 4-6" from tops for best results. The hps and the led are kept further away so it's easier to keep tips cool. But the hid do put out quite a lot of heat. But a simple can fan and cool tube will keep you add cool pretty cool

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Never looked at T5 and didn't even know what they were until I just google them. I was initially going to go with HID you see but got my 300 Led for cheap, and I seen dudes online and in forums growing some nice ganj with them.
Go for it bruh. It's all about what works for you. If you're disappointed the you can always add a 400w hps next to it. That's what I see the best led results coming from, with hps.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I see it the opposite m he can get his feet wet with fem. He dont have to worry about males, and goin auto all he has to worry about it keeping the plant happy. But you have a point about knowing how to sex and sit growing non fem photos. Just seems like a lot to throw at a new guy. I love autos also cause everything is the same light cycle. So if I have room I can add one at any point. Photos take too long if your veg and flower tent are the same place. But to reach his own, it's all about what works for you.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Autos need as much light as possible to get big before they start flowering. My 4' 12 bulb t5 dud a great job just not as gia as I wanted. But it runs 95-105℉. And it's gotta be close to the plants. I keep mine 4-6" from tops for best results. The hps and the led are kept further away so it's easier to keep tips cool. But the hid do put out quite a lot of heat. But a simple can fan and cool tube will keep you add cool pretty cool

Well it appears your set on Fem seeds and To each there own personally there is no substitute for learning how to sex plants specially if its your first grow , Don't cheat your self out of the knowledge and understanding of the plant,,
In most cases its where a person should start , most new growers this day n age are all about growing a plant but not really understanding the basics ,,
This is why we see so many threads about whats wrong with my plants, is this a Hermie etc

Don't fall into ventilation thing like most think its needed for is to remove heat ,,
Ventilation is needed for all INDOOR growing

Just use a box fan for a few plants but if you have more than a few. Sure vent that ich out

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Just use a box fan for a few plants but if you have more than a few. Sure vent that ich out
Yea I'm growing 3 at a time now and just running a single 12" blowing over the tops of the plant under the hps. The plants under the t5 currently dont have a fan but stay about 80℉. I get up at 8 in the morning and open the closet with the t5 and open the flower tent and turn on fan. Then go back to bed. Then at midnight I close it up when it goes off. 16/8. I plan on adding the cool tube and ventilation but it's piece by piece. Grow by grow.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Ya the longer you grow the more shit you'll think you have to have then you just end up with a bunch of shit.1 piece every pay check Next thing you know you can't remeber how you aquired it all.well for me at least

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Ya the longer you grow the more shit you'll think you have to have then you just end up with a bunch of shit.1 piece every pay check Next thing you know you can't remeber how you aquired it all.well for me at least
Yea this is my second time building up. And yea it's amazing day to day seems slow, but the grows/months fly by.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

What ever dude. That's you opinion. I've never had hermie in 5 years of running auto and photo. There's too many people that try to make new growers think the need a puff PhD to grow a fkn weed. Sing no since in shaming dude cause he wants to start with something easier.... Smdh

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

I'd rather have to chop out one or two hermies from a 100 fem seeds than plant a 100 reg seeds and know I have to whack 50 of them. That's the alternative so you can do you.I personally have no problem playing "god" or Allah or whatever other effigy.That mankind uses to make people feel like there's some being that controls everything other than themselves.

B

Bullseyebull

Nice one! Sweet grow chief. And nah lol I'll be buzzing with whatever I harvest! I'm really gonna put love into these little beauts, staying away from chemicals that boost yield and all that shit. This is the reason I'm growing! Sick of buying weed from shit growers. I live in the UK and most grows are rough as fuck in dingy council houses. Fuck that...I've decided I'm growing my own product now..

Haha!! "Dingy council houses"!!
#middleclasssnobbery

Top Bottom