Five quiestions about SoG and ScrOG

• Thread starter express_fix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
express_fix

express_fix

Greetings fellow stoners! I have some expirience in growing outdoors, as well as a few indoror operations., but nothing fancy in temrs of tehcniques.
One of my friends has decided to dump all his connection with dealers etc, and he would like to begin growing his own buds. As far as I know one must be an expirienced grower in order to atempt growing in a SoG or ScrOG manner. My friend hasn't got much expirience, but he has read a few books and yesterday he came up to me with a few questions I wasnt able to answer. So I decided to ask you guys. Here we go:
-Can he use hydro additives in a soil setup? What proportions? He has the full AquaLogic line for a hydro setup.
-What proportions should he dilute the Aqualogic in order to use it for soil.
-Can he use only flourescent lights (T5?) for the veg stage in another chamber? Which is the most prefferable - MH, Flourescent or HPS + Some "Cold" CFLs, or perhaps a mix of CFLS only? Are CFLs as good as the standart flourescent for Vegging?
-Are his pots large enough in order to build an ScroG setup? - 5.7 Litres (192 US fluid ounces or 1.5 US Galoons)
-If height is not a problem, is Scrog still the way to go? He wants maximum yield/ potency for the space he has.

-Can you get multiple harvests using Sog or ScrOG or do u get one bigger harvest that way ?

audius

audius

ok heres my 2 cents. i grow hydro so i can answer the nute question but the others i can help. t5 lighting is good for vegging if your concerned about energy cost but personally i would go with the mh.ok as far as your pots,i would go a lil bigger ,say around 3 gal.yes in my growing experence i have found that scrog is the way to go for yeld& canopy control.yes i kinda get 2 harvest i chop the buds that have matured then i let what the light wasnt getting to do the same,,nice lil popcorn buds. hope this helps.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Greetings fellow stoners! I have some expirience in growing outdoors, as well as a few indoror operations., but nothing fancy in temrs of tehcniques.
One of my friends has decided to dump all his connection with dealers etc, and he would like to begin growing his own buds. As far as I know one must be an expirienced grower in order to atempt growing in a SoG or ScrOG manner. My friend hasn't got much expirience, but he has read a few books and yesterday he came up to me with a few questions I wasnt able to answer. So I decided to ask you guys. Here we go:
1: Can he use hydro additives in a soil setup? What proportions? He has the full AquaLogic line for a hydro setup.

2: What proportions should he dilute the Aqualogic in order to use it for soil.

3: Can he use only flourescent lights (T5?) for the veg stage in another chamber?

4: Which is the most prefferable - MH, Flourescent or HPS + Some "Cold" CFLs, or perhaps a mix of CFLS only? Are CFLs as good as the standart flourescent for Vegging?

5: Are his pots large enough in order to build an ScroG setup? - 5.7 Litres (192 US fluid ounces or 1.5 US Galoons)

6: If height is not a problem, is Scrog still the way to go? He wants maximum yield/ potency for the space he has.

7: Can you get multiple harvests using Sog or ScrOG or do u get one bigger harvest that way ?
K, one at a time as best I can:

1: I don't see why not.

2: Never used Aqualogic, not familiar with the line. My own approach, no matter the medium, is to always start LOW and work up from there.

3: ABSOLUTELY! I personally use a combination of T8s & CFLs. Could be better, could be worse.

4: Question doesn't make sense.

5: Pot size is fine for a sog, may be small for a scrog.

6: Scrog addresses plant count issues as well as height issues. If he's not worried about either, then he can explore other methods.

7: You can do multiple harvests using a scrog, not so much doing a sog. In my opinion it's not necessarily a desirable scenario, I prefer to harvest the whole plant and have the next batch ready to go. Not that I'm there yet, but I keep trying.

j wizzle

j wizzle

scrog it, use 5 gal pots. T5s are great for vegging and vegging only IMO. CFLs dont cut it if your boy is serious. they are good additional lighting, but you need a 600W HPS to flower some dank bud with a good yield.

for your nutes, start off with 30% and work your way up until you get the desired ppms youre looking for.

you can run a perpetual, but i wouldnt mess with mutliple harvests with one crop. just chop and start your next crop. why waste 2 weeks of time in your flower room when you can add an extra crop to your year....

i got 15 oz, 1 plant 5 gal DWC lucas formula, scrog under a 600 HPS my first grow. its not hard, just pay attention and dont flip until the screen is full. i ran a 3' x 3' screen. vegged about 2 months under a t5

G

gudkarma

j wizzle

how much root mass do you get in a 5 gallon bucket?

is the bucket filled?

Top Bottom