'flavoring' winterizing ethanol with fresh trim/buds

• Thread starter endora
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

endora

Trying to figure out how to increase the floral flavor of my bho. I've read the various posts here regarding using fresh frozen trim and flowers in the tube blast.

I was wondering what would happen if a few grams of fresh trim or buds were instead soaked in ethanol for a few hours, then strained off and this ethanol then used to do a typical winterization? The idea being that after the ethanol is evaporated off the flavor might remain. Yes? No?

Would this extract more terpenes? Would it increase the floral bouquet at all? Anyone tried anything similar?

germinator

germinator

try a butane soak vs. blast....but I gotta say
its all in the bud.

E

endora

Thanks. There's a ton of flavor in my bud. All 34 varieties. Got that part covered.

I already know about the butane thermos soak technique. My question is regarding an ethanol soak...

germinator

germinator

Winterization always seems to dummy down flavor. gl

T

tree dogg

I think Alcohol first will include some unwanted extras, like chlorophyll. Even with a short soak time

Natural

Natural

I don't mess with butane or isopropyl..etc. QWET is where it is at....3 min soak with zero degree ethanol. That and either a cold evaporative purge or highly controlled warm purge in an oil bath. We need to stay below 252F to keep all cannabinoids and terpenoids intact. I've produced some very tasty wax/shatter type oil using ethanol...by far the tastiest most psychoactive oils with no funny tastes or harshness. Follow Greywolf and visit his site for some great info and tips http://skunkpharmresearch.com/

Top Bottom