flood and drain

• Thread starter buzzkill420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

buzzkill420

ok farmer basicaly ive been pondering the idea of a flood and drain and what i want to do is build a 4x4 set up... basically im looking for one of you farmer who is pulling aroung 2lbs off there 4x4 and i want to know exactly how you do it nute feeding sceduale every thing i figure my first time messing wth it i need step by step instructions so i dont mess it up.. i need to know your nute line and evey thing thanks a bunch to any one who can help peace

B

buzzkill420

or any one running an ebb flow system i got the idea of what im gunna build just need an easy to use nute line forget the 2 lbs i just want to know what works good for you farmers... just gunna build somthing small and give it a try to see if i can get trough a cycle on a single plant or sothing before i try anything big

B

been

Might as well go big your first time or you'll be kicking yourself in a few months.

B

buzzkill420

ya well im running 9 plants in soing right now and dont have alot of room so i just wanted to do an experiment with one... or try converting my next grow just need nute line up and what amount to feed when... somthing easy... any ideas?

B

buzzkill420

.9ec??? got to explaine man i know nothing about hydro really i got a buddy who was runing the bc grow stuff and he said when he ran out of it he would use mirical grow too hmmm

N

northern monsta

1 word "CANNA" in hydro using coco, really cant recomend that stuff more! u get canna coco if ur in coco and u will be rollin my friend they do other lines to, but get canna part a + b, rizotonic and cannazym nothing more thats all u need buddy i would avoid using miracle grow but im no epert on that it could be brilliant i dont think in hydro it would be good tho bro canna works

M

mysophilia

I run 4x4 tables from Botanicare.. I run Chemdog #4 on my tables, they have a 2 weekish veg time... I have been expermenting with different pot sizes... I have run 2 gallon size pots and 3 gallon size pots ... Currently I am runnin 3 gallon size pots .. My last run with this particular setup I got 1.5lbs per tray under a dedicated 1k.. I feed with the 3 part gh nutes... Plus some Liquid karma.. This is my current grow at 8 weeks, 2 more weeks and I will be pulling them.. I do think this grow I will hit my 2lbs mark per tray..

Picture 030
Picture 025
B

buzzkill420

looks good man so are your containers just filled with hydroton or what?? and i suppoes you got a nice ph tester and all that? i need to know alittle more fro you man nice results every thing looks super healthy and i dont plan on buying tables i want to make my own to keep it cheap thanls for the reply man any further info would be great

S

shivavaranessi

i use flood and drain as you probley know buzz
but i got it under my led light so im not gonna pull anywhere near 2ibs
off it plus its only 1.2x1.2 but i reckon with those details there i could help you achieve your goal ide go with canna aqua and all the other add-ons aswell for your nutes i feed those i have under the leds every 4 hours i think (ide have to check that agen to be sure) the baskets are 3ltrs not that it matters anyway.
i think its the light you should be askin questions about dude ide atleast go for two 600w hps lights with mini grow-star reflectors there the dogs bollocks m8 i just got one for my tent and there is so much reflection off its ubelievable and it takes all heat spots away its the best thing money could buy for a grow room and it will save you bare dough in the end bro!
hope things go good for you in the transfer lol
shiva

B

buzzkill420

when i get every thing set up im sure i will be pming a couple of you with more questions thanks

B

boxmunch9

hey i suggest building that 4x4 then setting up top feed. after a year of ebb n flow i changed to top feed and i was shocked at the increase in growth, but i was using rockwool which gets much to wet from wicking that water up, the top feed allowed the water to flow through the cubes giving them tons more air and no build up.. its much easyer to maintain you res also by topfeed because you never have to top-up your res inbetween res changes. with ebb n flow you need a large amount of water to flood the table, but after 2 days the plants drank a good amount of that water so when its flooded the water level doesnt go high enough up the plant to get it fully wet, so you have to top it up or the pumps with dry pump. but with top feed you can use your res for a week, and still have enough water to pump into the lines without dry pumping your pumps. 2 lbs off a 4x4 is very hard you need a strain that puts out big time

T

tophmaster

i would say build 4x4 custom raised beds fill them with canna coco and use canna nutes. top feed drain to waiste. i used that for a while with amazing results. kosmo tought me how to make the beds its pretty simple from home depot
1 standard sheet ply wood cut in half (2 4x4 squares)
then u take one half cut it into 4 peices (1x4s)
buy brackets screw in and fasten the bed all around.
pond liner witha drain going through the bottom off that through the bottom peice of wood
lava rock 2 bags
green plastic chicken wire above that.
then this weed blocker cloth
then i used 5 1/2 bags coco 1/2 bag worm casing
fed them canna nutrients whole line by directions of the amount used
fed every day for 4 days then water every 5th day

B

buzzkill420

interesting topjmaster thanks for you input got to fin ish up the grow i got still but im deffinatly gunna need you guys help when i start i love canna products for soil that all i use so if canna for hydro is as good then i can see why all you guys love it

A

AToadAso

Ebb and Flow is the same as flood and drain. i use nft myself and am finding it quite productive and simple!:afroweed:

J

JOESTEEL

i am tuned in i have a similar set up iam using Root organics hydroponic soiless medium,and i just water every other day flood to drain. it seems like it is going ok, but what do i know first time in cocco, so we will see what happens

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I ran 4x4's with 2 600's over them. Max I ever hit was a little over 3 lbs with a 4 to 6 month veg time. Anything from 24 plants with about a 3 week veg time to 12 plants with a month and a half and got about the same results. 2 to 2.5 lbs. The 12 plants in bigger pots is less work and less of a headache. Medium, strain, and dialing it in are all factors.

Coco or Dynaroks IMO. I ran Floranova and H&G. the 3 lbs was H&G Aquaflakes run strait off the schedule except using Advanced Big Bud powder instead of Shooting powder. Less of a headache is Floranova. 1 part and very ph stable but so was H&G.

Table_01.jpg

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
hey i suggest building that 4x4 then setting up top feed. after a year of ebb n flow i changed to top feed and i was shocked at the increase in growth, but i was using rockwool which gets much to wet from wicking that water up, the top feed allowed the water to flow through the cubes giving them tons more air and no build up.. its much easyer to maintain you res also by topfeed because you never have to top-up your res inbetween res changes. with ebb n flow you need a large amount of water to flood the table, but after 2 days the plants drank a good amount of that water so when its flooded the water level doesnt go high enough up the plant to get it fully wet, so you have to top it up or the pumps with dry pump. but with top feed you can use your res for a week, and still have enough water to pump into the lines without dry pumping your pumps. 2 lbs off a 4x4 is very hard you need a strain that puts out big time

Im sorry, but this statement is just false! I run 4x4 tables filled with Sun Leave's rocks(no pots). SOG, 48 plants per 4x4. 1k over each tray. With 1 week veg I hit 3 lbs + consistantly, with a few different strains(Chem#4, Cat Piss, Casey Jones). I would be very upset if I got under 2 #'s. My very first run using the trays I hit 2.5#.

Top Bottom