flood and drain

• Thread starter buzzkill420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nuttso

nuttso

Im sorry, but this statement is just false! I run 4x4 tables filled with Sun Leave's rocks(no pots). SOG, 48 plants per 4x4. 1k over each tray. With 1 week veg I hit 3 lbs + consistantly, with a few different strains(Chem#4, Cat Piss, Casey Jones). I would be very upset if I got under 2 #'s. My very first run using the trays I hit 2.5#.

Tell us a bit more about your system. Do you top feed?

N

naturehd

i have been using flood and drain in 1 gallon pots (16 of them)full of hydroton pellets( the same bag i started with) fro a couple of years now adn after gettin it dialed in with botanicare pro grow adn bloom with some liquid karma adn possibly some citris sweet if its sativa dominant strain i have no problems bringing in 2 lbs in a 3x3 tray using a 400 watt hid. imo botanicare is the easiset to keep ph stable and worry free. not that i have tried many other brand names since everythign is so pricey. flood adn drain almost has a nft effect in the drain channels, youll notice the roots love to lay in there mid grow. i have a diy grow area fro this system adn it looks somewhat low class compared to most of these threads ive seen so i dont do the picture thang but if you want i am starting a new grow soon with a new strain (white russian from sannie)so i might be willing to take a few pics to show ya how i do it. its all about gettin dialed in imo. mr res is only a 20 gallon witch if its a botanicare res its actually 15 gallons unless you want to get messy. if you use a 4x4 tray you are gonna need a 40 gallon res easily fro a bigger root mass. anyhows i love mine adn will never change to a new style fro dro. sorry bout all the mispells i must be a dislesic stoned typer lol.

M

moneyorlove

Im sorry, but this statement is just false! I run 4x4 tables filled with Sun Leave's rocks(no pots). SOG, 48 plants per 4x4. 1k over each tray. With 1 week veg I hit 3 lbs + consistantly, with a few different strains(Chem#4, Cat Piss, Casey Jones). I would be very upset if I got under 2 #'s. My very first run using the trays I hit 2.5#.

amazing results i am doing something wrong i run a 4x4 table with 25 plants each and only hitting 1+lbs could you tell us more about your setup?
thanks!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
i have been using flood and drain in 1 gallon pots (16 of them)full of hydroton pellets( the same bag i started with) fro a couple of years now adn after gettin it dialed in with botanicare pro grow adn bloom with some liquid karma adn possibly some citris sweet if its sativa dominant strain i have no problems bringing in 2 lbs in a 3x3 tray using a 400 watt hid. imo botanicare is the easiset to keep ph stable and worry free. not that i have tried many other brand names since everythign is so pricey. flood adn drain almost has a nft effect in the drain channels, youll notice the roots love to lay in there mid grow. i have a diy grow area fro this system adn it looks somewhat low class compared to most of these threads ive seen so i dont do the picture thang but if you want i am starting a new grow soon with a new strain (white russian from sannie)so i might be willing to take a few pics to show ya how i do it. its all about gettin dialed in imo. mr res is only a 20 gallon witch if its a botanicare res its actually 15 gallons unless you want to get messy. if you use a 4x4 tray you are gonna need a 40 gallon res easily fro a bigger root mass. anyhows i love mine adn will never change to a new style fro dro. sorry bout all the mispells i must be a dislesic stoned typer lol.

The only thing bout PBP is there is a whole lot of PH buffer in it. Will always want to sit about 6.0 to 6.1. Stable yes but it you need to move it takes a lot of ph up/down to get it moving. When you run the tables at 5.6 I was findind it was an everyday thing to adjust the PH. H&G and GH Will move maybe .1 to .2 in a week on my setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom