Flora Series Expert Vs Simple Nutrient Schedule

• Thread starter Th3GrowGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Th3GrowGuy

Hi everyone I have been reading here for awhile now there is a lot of good information. I still haven't mastered the navigation of this site so I apologize if I am beating a dead horse here. I have been using the Flora Series Expert Schedule and was wondering if I am wasting money will the Simple schedule work just as well. Im running 3 Rapter Duals with no Co2 in the room yet, 2 plants a hood.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hi everyone I have been reading here for awhile now there is a lot of good information. I still haven't mastered the navigation of this site so I apologize if I am beating a dead horse here. I have been using the Flora Series Expert Schedule and was wondering if I am wasting money will the Simple schedule work just as well. Im running 3 Rapter Duals with no Co2 in the room yet, 2 plants a hood.
In my opinion the simple will do just as good. Honestly a hybrid of the 2 works great and an even simpler version works fine as well. U don't need all that stuff. If I were using the flora series id use rapid start kool bloom and floralicious plus and calimagic. But the 3 bottles along with calimagic and liquid kool bloom is just fine.even easier u can use just micro and bloom (lucas method or heads method for coco). However use what I like and feel does the best for u.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

I run Floranova series
I do almost exactly what @Tnelz suggested
I run ebb and flow so I use Armor Si (silica) as well

Tnelz

Tnelz

I def see value in silica and I use it quite a bit just not gh. I also use flora nova. @FooDoo I completely disagree with u man. Rapid start is a great root booster. To be honest Amor si isn't my brand of silica but it's the same as any other and the benefits of silica are undeniable. Floralicious is every bit as good as any other nutrient of its kind. Liquid kool bloom is certainly not snake oil. Do I think it's the best pk boost available no but it 100 percent works. Maybe we disagree about the term snake oil. To me that's a product that is sold that doesn't work. Something that says it does 1 thing but actually doesn't. I don't think General hydro is the best nutrient line but I don't feel like they are snake oil either. Their stuff for the most part and in the least the bottles I've named work. I know this because I've used them. Now as far as needing them I agree u don't. But that doesn't make the products snake oil. Just my two cents and to each their own. Respect and good vibes y'all.

F

FooDoo

I def see value in silica and I use it quite a bit just not gh. I also use flora nova. @FooDoo I completely disagree with u man. Rapid start is a great root booster. To be honest Amor si isn't my brand of silica but it's the same as any other and the benefits of silica are undeniable. Floralicious is every bit as good as any other nutrient of its kind. Liquid kool bloom is certainly not snake oil. Do I think it's the best pk boost available no but it 100 percent works. Maybe we disagree about the term snake oil. To me that's a product that is sold that doesn't work. Something that says it does 1 thing but actually doesn't. I don't think General hydro is the best nutrient line but I don't feel like they are snake oil either. Their stuff for the most part and in the least the bottles I've named work. I know this because I've used them. Now as far as needing them I agree u don't. But that doesn't make the products snake oil. Just my two cents and to each their own. Respect and good vibes y'all.

Snake oil to me is having p and k in your base and thinking buying additional p and k ontop of what you already have is beneficial

Edit: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=181405

Plenty of scientific studies proving cannabis thrives on low P and bloom boosters are worthless

Last edited:
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I agree with @Tnelz and @rubthe nub these are good product some not as good but I used to swear by floralicious plus with nova bloom only and it worked great (small amount of amendments were also used only when needed)

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Iv tried to many to count and done some serious trial and error on alot of different types some hardly if not even heard of on the market as they are all the way new like the first one here and their application rate goes by canopy size in hydroponics rez size all that has no mention other than they don't matter for this application.
20150627 014125
20150627 014140
View attachment 51
20150627 013605
20150627 013639

20150627 013650

20150627 013750
20150627 013817
20150627 013839

20150627 013547

This is just what I use/have in my vac room that's even worth mentioning everything here was a full line at one point plus there are some that just lay on the bottom shelf going bad, (not pictured here) and got tons more in the shed including tons of dry stuffs for soil if u would like to see if i have used it just ask most likely if you don't see it I did not like it or could/would not pay to keep using it but there are a few that I just don't have anymore that were super like nectar for the gods, green planet, kind was ok bio bizz was hard to use (why I dont) but once on target it was good too kinda all depends on the grow situation

Keep in mind I am full hydroponics so there are alot of things I loved just can not use any longer but may have tried or used alot at one point

Last edited:
F

FooDoo

I've run side by sides with and with out cool bloom
I'll just say we can agree to disagree about the effectiveness of pk boost
the floralicious plus seems to be a pretty damn good product also

That's fine. Did you think I haven't?

IMG 20150627 113319037

I bought two bottles , ran with it and without it. For myself I saw it was completely worthless. Plus I rely on science and fact rather than opinions and observations. One bottle I ran thru and this bottle is literally to the top brand new.
IMG 20150627 113328572

It has been sitting untouched for 9 months because there's no reason to use it when the base already has more than enough p and k. My yield and quality went up since cutting it.out. plus the dry KB made my girls throw nanners in late flower.

Here's literally a quick peek into my current triangle x bubba grow, 5 foot plants, not lacking in size or cola density

IMG 20150627 113413572

IMG 20150627 113421910

IMG 20150627 113431443

And here's a DSLR shot showing quality of those meds

DSC 0023

But by all means keep buying boosters and using em , doesnt bother me non. This little room pulled me almost 2.5 per light last run, this run comes down on Tuesday

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

last one I pulled was 2.85 per light w/ the cool bloom so...............
btw, those are very nice numbers with that strain
good job

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

@FooDoo I'm dealing with vertical height too(basement). By the time I take the rez, table/tray, and lights out of the equation I'm stuck with about 4'-5'. That's whats kept me from using DE's:(.

@Tnelz well said, I like to hear/read different opinions. As a matter of fact I think I'm going to rerun a side by side just because of @FooDoo post. Perhaps my testing was flawed.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

@FooDoo makes some good points with some of my grows I go with just an a b nute and get better results than with a bunch of extra crap in them like my mills or the nute in question floranova/licious but still yet I am hooked on the full line of black label. It works best for my application and does have bud enhancer and zym in the schedule and I use them as is on the chart with greater results than most others (nutes) so like I had said earlier I think it has more to do with techniques than nutes

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

I looked for that black label before, didn't have much luck. I wanted to try their version of rapid start/root excel tried 3 different places no luck.

Tnelz

Tnelz

So I've run heads in coco as well as Lucas in peat and killed it. It absolutely works. I definitely do not disagree. However I've been growing for almost 15 years now. There just isn't a question that a product such as Moab just to pick 1 works amazingly well and will increase yield. I know what I pull with heads method and I know what I pull running a line with a boost and it's not night and day but it's plain to see. But it's all gravey. I do enjoy just talking weed so agree or disagree I only care that we are all passionate about the plant. Respect and good vibes y'all.

Top Bottom