florescent lighting

• Thread starter dankstranger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankstranger

dankstranger

Premium Member
Supporter
i have also heard that plants dnt see green light i got an app on my phone to go in the grow room at night lol

Fraktaal

Fraktaal

Talk about thread derailment! LOL

If you're just doing a microgrow brother, see how you go on the T5s for your first run. If you're happy with the results, you may as well save some money and stick with them. If you'd like a bigger yield on your next run, then consider switching over.

Nef420

Nef420

is anyone else growing with t5 florescent tubes? this will be my second grow with them and im thinking maybe its time to upgrade. tho its only for micro grows the results of the mh and hps look amazing
Use your imagination. And read ALOT about this shit. I normally smoke me a blunt and read. Makes it so that I can concentrate more on what I read. But I grew pretty good with just house quality cfl's it was awesome! Lol just took longer and yields are ALOT smaller than a hps bulb. I got a 600 watt with all my fans my electric bill shot up 70$ for my set up. In California. It's actually pretty good IMO .

dankstranger

dankstranger

Premium Member
Supporter
i have seen some awesome looking grows off of cfls i thought that i would be doing much better with my t5s but i seem to be getting really slow growth compared maybe its something that im doing? i have done nothing to stunt growth besides a bit of overwatering and a touch of heat stress which i have fixd

Nef420

Nef420

i have seen some awesome looking grows off of cfls i thought that i would be doing much better with my t5s but i seem to be getting really slow growth compared maybe its something that im doing? i have done nothing to stunt growth besides a bit of overwatering and a touch of heat stress which i have fixd
My guess is light intensity. An hps bulb will give off way more light than some t5's unless you get a lot of them but at that point it's proably more efficient to run hps or MH bulbs. What nutrients and soil are u on? And the t5's are only for veg right? And how many lights do u have

dankstranger

dankstranger

Premium Member
Supporter
there are only 2 tubes micro grow. funny i just posted this on another thread. im gona pick up sum new nutes this weekend since everone is hating the fact i am using miracle grow lol and cal mag in cheap soil with added nutes of 0.14_0.11.0.08 i was thinking of going with foxfarms seems to be a pop choice

Icristal

Icristal

Don't worry about the slow grow under CFL's, mine did the same, you just add a little time on to the grow, no issues there. And I was real please with mine under CFL's and still using them for my second grow as I stated before. Each environment grows differently. I envy the buds I see here, but know it can happen at some point. I also us Fox Farm nutes, works for me.

Nef420

Nef420

there are only 2 tubes micro grow. funny i just posted this on another thread. im gona pick up sum new nutes this weekend since everone is hating the fact i am using miracle grow lol and cal mag in cheap soil with added nutes of 0.14_0.11.0.08 i was thinking of going with foxfarms seems to be a pop choice
I use kellog organic soil. And GH 3 part with some extra things to help. My first grow was miracle grow but everyone I know hated on it too so I asked around and got a lot of good feedback from GH And AN. So I bought both. Lol gona find out wich is better but at this point I see no diference. I did also hear fox farm is really good I was thinking of trying out their soil for my next run

Nef420

Nef420

Don't worry about the slow grow under CFL's, mine did the same, you just add a little time on to the grow, no issues there. And I was real please with mine under CFL's and still using them for my second grow as I stated before. Each environment grows differently. I envy the buds I see here, but know it can happen at some point. I also us Fox Farm nutes, works for me.
Yes!!!! Lol I agree. Before I got my hps bulb and balast I was growing with cfl's just quantity was less and time to grow was longer. Still some fire tho!

Icristal

Icristal

Yes!!!! Lol I agree. Before I got my hps bulb and balast I was growing with cfl's just quantity was less and time to grow was longer. Still some fire tho!

Yep fire was fine with me, this time I am not just letting the plant go, I have train 2 with the mainline method and the 3rd, topped and bending. So looking for a little more quantity this time, but looking for quality first, and it will give me more ideas for the next grow, lol

Nef420

Nef420

Yep fire was fine with me, this time I am not just letting the plant go, I have train 2 with the mainline method and the 3rd, topped and bending. So looking for a little more quantity this time, but looking for quality first, and it will give me more ideas for the next grow, lol
I topped mine and bent them so I can safely lower the bulbs into the plant like in between the branches. Really helped the lower buds get more light. Made more denser buds too. Wich is always a plus.

Nef420

Nef420

How many lights do you have per plant or all together?

dankstranger

dankstranger

Premium Member
Supporter
there are only two tubes i used to keep them about 4in from the tops but 24/0 seems to get em a lil hot noticed some burn and moved em to 8in

dankstranger

dankstranger

Premium Member
Supporter
the app is called color flashlight its free and you can choose the exact color green that you want i chose a pale green as i would think it imitates a green florescent

Icristal

Icristal

How many lights do you have per plant or all together?
my room is 2' deep 4 1/2' wide and 7' tall. This fills the space with a cpl inches off the ends, lol, 4 foot 4 tube light, white/blue for veg. and red for flower. will be hanging a cpl 2 foot one's I have as well. I put piece of plywood on the whole ceiling so I can hand whatever I want from it.
I have a grow log going here. ( "Second time growing" of plants going to flower this weekend.)

Icristal

Icristal

I use kellog organic soil. And GH 3 part with some extra things to help. My first grow was miracle grow but everyone I know hated on it too so I asked around and got a lot of good feedback from GH And AN. So I bought both. Lol gona find out wich is better but at this point I see no diference. I did also hear fox farm is really good I was thinking of trying out their soil for my next run

my cfl first grow, I think week 7 since they were flipped.

dankstranger

dankstranger

Premium Member
Supporter
that looks nice my first harvest was low i got a couple of plants from a buddy of mine with real long nodes and then introduced a couple to the enviroment with spidermites omg went thru hell and back to kill those bastards...root aphids cal mag defs i didnt get it all worked out ti a few weeks before harvest luckily i got 1 1/2 oz per plant that were bug and problem free

CAM00043
dankstranger

dankstranger

Premium Member
Supporter
not sure when that pic was at some point i only took close up pics and i really didnt take very many wasnt my first grow but was the only one i did and harvested all on my own did a large outdoor probly 10 yrs ago now with some family that was fun and easy they had all the knowledge and know how i needed

dankstranger

dankstranger

Premium Member
Supporter
thanx for the tips i wish i had more money to put into this project i got some strains that i am excited to be growing like girl scout cookies was gona pick up nutes and someone recomended seagrean looked it up and its def on my list do you use an additive like that

Latest posts

Top Bottom