FLowaMasta's Jack x Skunk 1 plant 600watt + UVB Monster scrog

• Thread starter flowamasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigcheese510

bigcheese510

man those girls are chunky. the production of resins and trichomes has really increased in the last 2 weeks..

what kind of bottle is that ? beer?

flowamasta

flowamasta

man those girls are chunky. the production of resins and trichomes has really increased in the last 2 weeks..

what kind of bottle is that ? beer?
yeah mate that's a Carton Cold 'Coldie' not mine, i don't drink, had to scrounge around for a mates bottle!

flowamasta

flowamasta

Got a nice big update tonight! camera was on my side :) soo many great pics to choose from, i basically let the computer do a random analyzation to pick the most focussed, then i just cropped my favourites!! soo many though, please enjoy as much as i do!!!
Day 41 Flowering

SAM 3732
SAM 3739
SAM 3742
SAM 3745
SAM 3746
SAM 3752
SAM 3753
SAM 3756
SAM 3759
SAM 3764
SAM 3766
SAM 3768

flowamasta

flowamasta

Holy shit flow, those colas are massive! She looks like she matures pretty quick too!
yeah man, i don't think she far away from being ready, i'll start flushing tomorrow. exciting stuff. The underneath needs a little more maturing than the colas, but i can only harvest in 1 step due to my limited space. so i'll find a nice balance soon enough. She's a good girl ;)

flowamasta

flowamasta

Looking incredible flowamasta... very frosty and good looking buds!
Thanx Hilltop :) Things have gone really smoothly this grow, apart from some pesky white flies at the start, i think i got on to them early enough, they only mangled 1 medium branch before I destroyed them ooohh aaahhh ahhh...but seriously cheers for being here, it means alot to see someone of your standard pop in to my thread...I'm really happy with this hybrid, alot quicker flowering than what i got told, but i am more consistent and look after my plants better. She is already looking and smelling ultra potent compared to my last few grows. I can't leave the tent open for too long, it's such a warm gas like pungent odor mixed with lime and cat piss. weird huh?! I will be flushing shortly. maybe start in the next 2-3 days.

cheers all for being here!!

Fools Gold

Fools Gold

dude those are great pics, very very nice.
seriously your gonna be balls deep in dank:)!

do you notice a big difference with the uvb light?
is its a cfl or incandescent ? or something else?

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

Thanx Hilltop :) Things have gone really smoothly this grow, apart from some pesky white flies at the start, i think i got on to them early enough, they only mangled 1 medium branch before I destroyed them ooohh aaahhh ahhh...but seriously cheers for being here, it means alot to see someone of your standard pop in to my thread...I'm really happy with this hybrid, alot quicker flowering than what i got told, but i am more consistent and look after my plants better. She is already looking and smelling ultra potent compared to my last few grows. I can't leave the tent open for too long, it's such a warm gas like pungent odor mixed with lime and cat piss. weird huh?! I will be flushing shortly. maybe start in the next 2-3 days.

cheers all for being here!!
I can only imagine... jack herer is hands down my favortie strain so I know yours has to be pretty dank with some skunk crossed into it... how long exactly are you flowering it out? It looks like a quick one

flowamasta

flowamasta

dude those are great pics, very very nice.
seriously your gonna be balls deep in dank:)!

do you notice a big difference with the uvb light?
is its a cfl or incandescent ? or something else?
Thanx for the morning compliment!! Thanx for being here! now i'm awake.... , ohh shit 1:40pm. ok, good afternoon then somebody must of smoked a bit too much hash before bed....
Yeah i notice a really nice improvement with the UVB lamp ( CFL 26 watt max 10.0-UVB/UVA ) most noticeably within a 40cm radius from the reflector, the tips of those Colas directly are alot different, and have matured faster, with much more dense population of trichomes, and not only trichomes, the leaves and tips themselves are actually coated in a glass like layer of resin....ALL OVER :) I don't think i have seen resin coverage to this extent in any of my previous grows, it's twisting and contorting the leaves, some small leaves have turned upside down and flooding with trichs. The UVB works, no doubt about it, yeah a little expensive, and for how long i use it for i will only get 2 good grows out of 1 bulb, the uv output drops quickly apparently with these bulbs, however, it still seems to be kicking ass, as i not only monitor with my camera i have a 30x and 60 x scope ( unfavorable ) I have been known to 'play' with my trichs and see how far you can move them with tweezers. they are quite flexible.
I can only imagine... jack herer is hands down my favortie strain so I know yours has to be pretty dank with some skunk crossed into it... how long exactly are you flowering it out? It looks like a quick one
Honestly man I don't really know! what does your opinion say day wise? i'm totally up for opinions, i'm sure my pics are good enough to tell maturity, i usually flush for around 7 days, so i'm seriously getting close to thinking about flushing her. 7 days flush is plenty in my opinion, i flush on a regular basis, if not more! and perlite doesn't seem to hold alot of nutes or have bad salt build up, done this way.
She is getting VERY heavy quickly, and density it crazy!! has to be in the last stage, leaves are dying off underneath, people may have missed that, but i have done a big leaf trim, some up top to allow some light in, and some wilting dying leaves under the canopy, which is usually normal being such a dense compact canopy, cleaning the area of crap is almost a necessity. Airflow is a must at canopy level otherwise the air underneath can't be pulled up efficiently......could lead to rot. But i've always been to careful.

flowamasta

flowamasta

What is that tube in the top of the bucket?
hmmmm mysterious ;) That mate is the 19mm feed line going to a large 12 inch diameter feed ring. i hide that slightly under a layer of more perlite, i run a overkill feed pump, and this prevents splashes. I couldn't think of anything worse in hydro than having a few nipples squirting out of the pot, or a feed ring come loose and fill the floor of your tent/grow room with nutrient. It also helps for when she's young, no splash on the leaves.

flowamasta

flowamasta

day 42, end of week 6!!! starting to flush tonight onwards, get this pineapple rush into her vains and nothing but!! :) Sample nug i snipped off in last pic, was hangin upside down getting no light, thought why not, let the goodness go to elsewhere!

SAM 3773
SAM 3780
SAM 3783
SAM 3785
SAM 3789
SAM 3790
SAM 3791
SAM 3792
SAM 3795

Fools Gold

Fools Gold

"been know to play with my trichomes":) nice

so you say its a cfl, do you know if its only uvb or is there other spectral output?

i would def agree that your have a very nice coating of crystals, so whatever your doing
, its good!

i just am wondering if you can source your UVB lights at a cheaper price, just curious.

and i wouldnt mind giving that a go myself, i love a broad spectrum! makes a huge difference imho.

though i use alot of halides to get my spectral fix, the lower wattage sounds nice.

keep up the good work!

you are getting close to a gram per watt , at least on your last grow, do you think you will hit 1GPW this time? that skunkXjack looks like a giver.

flowamasta

flowamasta

"been know to play with my trichomes":) nice

so you say its a cfl, do you know if its only uvb or is there other spectral output?

i would def agree that your have a very nice coating of crystals, so whatever your doing
, its good!

i just am wondering if you can source your UVB lights at a cheaper price, just curious.

and i wouldnt mind giving that a go myself, i love a broad spectrum! makes a huge difference imho.

though i use alot of halides to get my spectral fix, the lower wattage sounds nice.

keep up the good work!

you are getting close to a gram per watt , at least on your last grow, do you think you will hit 1GPW this time? that skunkXjack looks like a giver.
Thanx heaps man! The cfl is a Full Spectrum bulb maximum uva + uvb in addition to my phillips son-t agro i'm getting an extreme broad spectrum. I'm not to fussed on the price, totally worth it, tried to source other types similar, but difficult to impossible to find something else suitable. the flouros are good, but if they break, mercury could destroy a crop.
thanx for being here!

I dont think i'll get 1gpw, i was going for only 1 lb this round, but anything extra will be a bonus.

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

It is looking close to finish, I'd say give it your 7 day flush and I'm sure that will be it, if not an extra day or two never hurts... can't wait to hear your results

ttystikk

ttystikk

This is where I found lots of info
https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/topic/26244-methods-for-increasing-potency/
Needless to say I will be adding UVB to my room when I get it set back up, and I'm sure everyone else following this thread will also. Keep up with the good grow and those amazing photos!
Can you get a pic of your UV setup? Are you using the bulb type or the tube type?

Wow- this is an extremely interesting and informative read- and those who know me know I am not given to hyperbole.

The link goes to another cannabis forum, the thread discusses someone's apparently original work on increasing the trichome profile on cannabis.

To oversimplify, he feels that his research confirms a 'substantial' if not precisely measured increase in trichomes and the potency of the product grown under high UVB conditions. He considers UVA to be much less effective, didn't see him mention UVC.

Another fascinating observation discussed in his postings is that the trichomes are spherical, and transparent to UVB light (but not to visible light- it's milky, or amber)- he confirms that ALL the cannabinoid production occurs in the center of those trichomes and that the spherical shape may in fact be magnifying UVB light onto the actively growing glands in the center of each trichome!

MUCH more fascinating info on photoperiods for indicas vs. sativas, other differences between these two main types when growing them for maximum potency, and more... Get a tall glass of your favorite caffeinated elixir and have a read.

flowamasta

flowamasta

Rocking some fatty nugs for sure and loving the frosty coat on them,sweet!!
Thanx alot man, good to see you here :) enjoy
It is looking close to finish, I'd say give it your 7 day flush and I'm sure that will be it, if not an extra day or two never hurts... can't wait to hear your results
Awesome, Good growers think alike ;) shweeeeeet, u must be busy around this time!, actually you'd be busy ALL the time! have fun Hilltop :)
Wow- this is an extremely interesting and informative read- and those who know me know I am not given to hyperbole.

The link goes to another cannabis forum, the thread discusses someone's apparently original work on increasing the trichome profile on cannabis.

To oversimplify, he feels that his research confirms a 'substantial' if not precisely measured increase in trichomes and the potency of the product grown under high UVB conditions. He considers UVA to be much less effective, didn't see him mention UVC.

Another fascinating observation discussed in his postings is that the trichomes are spherical, and transparent to UVB light (but not to visible light- it's milky, or amber)- he confirms that ALL the cannabinoid production occurs in the center of those trichomes and that the spherical shape may in fact be magnifying UVB light onto the actively growing glands in the center of each trichome!

MUCH more fascinating info on photoperiods for indicas vs. sativas, other differences between these two main types when growing them for maximum potency, and more... Get a tall glass of your favorite caffeinated elixir and have a read.
Thanx man! AND Thanx Joehank!! I forgot to mention that link was an excellent viable chunk of information! i'm glad there are others out there seeing amazing visual results!
I've also read that UVB travels less distance then UVA, but hard to find information on the UVA, but i think if you got high UVB happening than UVA comes with package ;) I don't think it hurts. I got some primo buds from my 3rd crop still ofcourse, and the potency is still killer and all still sticky with resin. It is usually too strong if you want to go anywhere and do anything productive.
Also I believe Clear glass does little to block out UVB from light hoods as long as it's not laminated. just plain brittle glass should be fine. I'm not complaining on my light penetration that's for sure!!! at the distance i got my colas they are receiving some awesome Lighting. The spread could be better but the lumens are Crankin! :)
I think a new age of erb growing is Upcoming UVB addition all the way!!!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Wikipedia: Ultraviolet

There's a great graph a page or two down, shows the altitude at which various UV rays penetrate the atmosophere, roughly how much, and how high the ozone layer is distributed. Fun fact; the layer of strongest ozone occurs at 65,000 feet. Ozone reduces both UVB and
UVC, but UVC is also absorbed by normal oxygen so it generally doesn't reach the ground. Unless you're sunbathing in Sydney and the Antarctic Ozone Hole shifts a bit. Ouch.

This guy's research apparently investigated the UVA vs UVB response and found that for the purposes of increasing potency, the plant very much prefers UVB, although UVA won't hurt.

Because I'm a safety conscious kind of guy (I'm a risk taker but only if they're unavoidable risks, as there's nothing dumber than a roofer who died in a fall cuz he wasn't roped off) I feel the need to discuss some "need to knows" about UV light:

1. UVC should be avoided at all costs. This is 'ionizing radiation', and is akin to exposure from a nuclear source.

2. UVA and UVB both affect plants and people. Always wear UVA/UVB blocking sunglasses outside or in your growroom and this goes triple if you want to add supplemental UV to your grow! UV exposure is a direct cause of macular degeneration and other eye diseases and disorders that show up later in life.

3. UVB gives both a tanning and a burning response, so be careful of your exposure. The supplemental lighting discussed in various forums delivers a lot more UV to your skin than standing outdoors does, so it will burn you very quickly if you expose yourself to it. Consider some way to shut it off anytime you enter the room or open the tent flap to limit your exposure. Think contact switch on the door- should work great unless your UV source is HID.

4. I disagree with the author of the paper on UV vs. trichomes about his assumption that UV levels relate only to latitude and season. Altitude plays an enormous role in blocking UV, especially UVB. Higher altitudes have far fewer molecules of atmospheric protection per given surface area than lower altitudes, which is why you can often see a summertime UV index reaching 12 or even 13 in Colorado- this on a nominal scale of 1-10. It remains higher than expected the rest of the year, too. This increase is due to high altitude, and to a lesser extent lower humidity. All those who live at high altitudes, beware and act accordingly.

Clearly, this agrees with his analysis of the growth characteristics of a good indica strain.

Top Bottom