Flowa's "FloGram" with my new Gnine Strain!! MoNsteR plant Scrog

• Thread starter flowamasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flowamasta

flowamasta

Got my new strain here! got a pic of her now that she' perked up and loving the 600 watts :)

Gnine is her given name, i may find out a little more about this cut sooner or later....

Feel free to ask questions on my method, if you haven't seen any other threads, or would just like to know how i do things :)

She is 4 days old here just got roots on her the day i poked her in, i wanted a good start on her, and she's loving almost full strength base nutes from Cyco

Flowas flogram with my new gnine strain monster plant scrog

ttystikk

ttystikk

He's at it again! Dude, when are you gonna come out of the closet? LOL

Seriously, I've taken notes on your past adventures, and it's helped my game.

I've yet to play with UVB as yet, I've had an especially full plate this summer!

flowamasta

flowamasta

I've yet to play with UVB as yet, I've had an especially full plate this summer!
HA! :) Great to see you here ttystikk! i gotta plan ahead you know! I rely on my erb as finding others that 'care' enough round these parts is entirely rare to come by. I also can't bare the silence lol, i need to have a fan running or i feel like i can hear next door breathing ;

Thanx for stopping by! stay tuned, i hear this strain is a 'super' producer

ttystikk

ttystikk

I remember what you do in there with that little 600... it will have to be impressive to live up to 'big yielder' billing!

flowamasta

flowamasta

Flowa that looks real nice. Gnine? Whats the makeup of this pig. Keep it up! Be back to check with this one. Thanks

Peace
honestly i have no clue where it originates! But i'm almost positive she's a winner :)

I'll post some pics later tonight, she'll be on day 10 veg tonight.

flowamasta

flowamasta

Day 10 Grow Phase (Gnine)
& Amsterdam Gold Hash butter ( 500 grams of butter / 8 Ounces of dry trim + 4 ounces of fresh new trim all sugar bud trimmings ) which took 2 separate extractions in the same butter because of the large amount of erb i used. I boiled the remaining erb in new boiling water to get most of the butter back, out of 500 grams i was left with just under 300, after 4 re-washes to clean the remaining chlorophyl/contaminants. The end product is me best yet, extremely potent golden Amsterdam Ganja Butter :) which in the last couple of days turned into some chocolate / double chocolate + chocolate chip cookies which i dont remember trying. :confused: I'm going again shortly though! a 2 cookie slam coming up!!
Below!..... Amsterdam Gold Ganja Butter!
SAM 2967
SAM 2986
SAM 2988
SAM 2990
SAM 2991
SAM 3001
Here is the new light setup for now until i actually have time off from growing to modify it ....... ;)
SAM 3003
SAM 3006

ttystikk

ttystikk

Is that your UVB hanging down in the middle of your two lights? In the last picture? Is it in use? Is there a schedule?

ttystikk

ttystikk

That butter looks amazing- I've never seen cannabutter anything like that color before! Definitely need to watch someone do that chlorophyll wash you mentioned...

flowamasta

flowamasta

Is that your UVB hanging down in the middle of your two lights? In the last picture? Is it in use? Is there a schedule?
That butter looks amazing- I've never seen cannabutter anything like that color before! Definitely need to watch someone do that chlorophyll wash you mentioned...
LOL! :) Yes that is the UVB hanging down! she runs 18/6 along with the 2 HPS, until flowering. I have noticed a MASSIVE improvement with past grows doing this, for some reason the leaves grow larger, and healthier while getting the extra UVB attention. Come flowering the buds nearest ALWAYS end up biggest and baddest :) Flowering UVB is implemented until the last 2 weeks to prevent degradation of trichomes from happening too early.

The butter wash method is really very simple. Once you tip the first lot of water out, you re-boil the contents with new water, by reverse osmosis, because the water has little minerals in it, it can easily pull more impurities out as chloraphyl is soluble in water but THC/resin is not. Once boiled/strained NOT FILTERED... 3 - 4 times and cooled each time inbetween and set in the fridge the final product is tastier, more potent and 100% cleaner.

ttystikk

ttystikk

LOL! :) Yes that is the UVB hanging down! she runs 18/6 along with the 2 HPS, until flowering. I have noticed a MASSIVE improvement with past grows doing this, for some reason the leaves grow larger, and healthier while getting the extra UVB attention. Come flowering the buds nearest ALWAYS end up biggest and baddest :) Flowering UVB is implemented until the last 2 weeks to prevent degradation of trichomes from happening too early.

The butter wash method is really very simple. Once you tip the first lot of water out, you re-boil the contents with new water, by reverse osmosis, because the water has little minerals in it, it can easily pull more impurities out as chloraphyl is soluble in water but THC/resin is not. Once boiled/strained NOT FILTERED... 3 - 4 times and cooled each time inbetween and set in the fridge the final product is tastier, more potent and 100% cleaner.

Do you have any specifications on UVB light intensity- natural observations, etc? View much UVB does your light emit, and at what distance from the bulb is it measured? You're using CFL?

That butter wash method is indeed extremely simple- I would never have guessed!

flowamasta

flowamasta

Do you have any specifications on UVB light intensity- natural observations, etc? View much UVB does your light emit, and at what distance from the bulb is it measured? You're using CFL?

That butter wash method is indeed extremely simple- I would never have guessed!
Yes, i have the specifications on the box, but it is referring to UVB exposure to Reptiles, I do however have a Booklet PDF document thats currently up for download if you do a little searching i have had it for some time. The box says its most Penetrative at 6 inches away emitting the full 10% (maximum limit) of UVB/UVA at 12 inches this decreases to only 30% of maximum exposure. So they are a little limited, and you can actually get tubular UVB fluorescent types, and could easily hang them down each corner, and they emit even less heat, but they do filter some UVB by changing the photo wavelength thus spreading it a lesser distance. But i do know they change the plant overall, as its getting more of the unique exposure. I'm actually going to lower it tonight, you may see a marginal difference in leaf vigor as the blue spectrum will penetrate the leaves easily. The thing about HPS lamps is they just get too damn hot to reproduce these spectrums in a sustainable way, there are some new developers creating some but they need more research and more people wanting these to actually WANT to spend money to research this. Fact is they work, and Change the Psycho-actives. More potent? I believe so, Bigger buds? i think so, a benefit for such a small wattage bulb (16 watts)? Yeeeeah, big time :) I wouldn't grow without it now, in fact i'm researching into some new globes strictly for this purpose. Trying to change the game a little ;) someone's gotta right :) CFL's are a good Technology it just depends what lighting you're using them for.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks! The wattage and distance measurements you have me are exactly what I was looking for, and the additional info is priceless! There's a guy on the Farm, he's rigged up some 4' 10% UVB tubes on a frame he's built to hang right around the hps light fixture. His methods and approach are very interesting and the only way I think it could fail to work out for him is if he's just not getting enough UVB intensity at the canopy surface. Look up Swany, his thread is regularly updated...

The reason I'm referencing his solution is that if it works, it's what would likely also work best in my own situation. I'm watching carefully, because I want to pull the trigger on UVB enhancement soon!

flowamasta

flowamasta

Thanks! The wattage and distance measurements you have me are exactly what I was looking for, and the additional info is priceless! There's a guy on the Farm, he's rigged up some 4' 10% UVB tubes on a frame he's built to hang right around the hps light fixture. His methods and approach are very interesting and the only way I think it could fail to work out for him is if he's just not getting enough UVB intensity at the canopy surface. Look up Swany, his thread is regularly updated...

The reason I'm referencing his solution is that if it works, it's what would likely also work best in my own situation. I'm watching carefully, because I want to pull the trigger on UVB enhancement soon!
Awesome to hear man! I like the idea somewhat of having the tubes located around the HPS, but the fact is the UVB output from the fluorescent tubes is actually less than a CFL+reflector, now to fix this in my opinion, and since the tubes won't burn your buds even if you have them nearly touching, i would hang the tubes from chains in tube holders strictly for holding the tubes. 1: for safety 2: ease of location change. I would want the tubes literally hanging about 3 inches above the buds to achieve maximum output, and thats with using reflective tube holders.... see i'm no good at keeping secrets, this is what i'm kinda looking into. but i would have them situated close to the outer edge where the HPS is lacking in penetration, as close as possible would be how i would run them. You will find that they really respond to being close to the globes, its like they pick up the energy, or frequency or something... because i'm telling ya, they change the minute you put them under. I rekon i'll check out his thread shortly :) cheers for that, its nice to see other trying the UVB

flowamasta

flowamasta

Ya know, I'm working on a vertical grow cylinder that just so happens to be both 4' or 1.25m tall and wide. Four tubes would drop in nicely... hmmm...
You might be onto something special! ;) nice thinking.

Grow Phase Day 15. Topped 3 days ago at each branch tip. (note: her 3 branches were original and were not the result of a tipped clone or such, she has unique branching and structure it seems, and her lower branches all seem to catch up with each other so the main branch i snipped a good size tip off, down to a level couple of nodes, and the other 2 i just took a fe little nodes off down to an even set of 3-ish nodes which should balance out soon enough.

Day 15!

SAM 3086

ttystikk

ttystikk

The grow cylinder solves the distance problem, and the opportunity to run multiple four foot UVB tubes addresses the intensity issues nicely. Should I consider moving the tubes inside the cylinder? This would reduce shading and would spread the UVB intensity around.

d1esel

d1esel

pull the trigger already ttystikk, uvb makes a noticable difference! my diesel is eye-crossing good, thank you flowamasta,definitely helped me out! looking forward to the new grow...takin notes!

ttystikk

ttystikk

pull the trigger already ttystikk, uvb makes a noticable difference! my diesel is eye-crossing good, thank you flowamasta,definitely helped me out! looking forward to the new grow...takin notes!

Read some of my other postings and you'll get an idea of what I'm up to; a vertical grow cylinder with the lights on the inside. Adding a few 4' tubes to a cylinder that's already 4' tall would be trivially simple and should yield good results.

Top Bottom